Snarky Brides

Good Morning!

Hump day anyone?  We have a PA day (teacher work day) on Friday so really this is more than my hump day, but w/e, either way, Wednesdays are the best day of my work week.

We are meeting with my bank to discuss our current and future mortgage situation this afternoon - eek! So excited. This might be it. I have my eye on a house right now so if the news is really good I might just lose it. 

I finally made it back to exercising yesterday...Raynes and Anna would be happy to know that I have forced myself to day TWO three-day breaks in one month in order to recuperate from my horrible immune system (or lack there of).  I am feeling considerably better today. And hot yoga felt good yesterday.

K, time to eat (my favourite part of my morning routine - food!)

Re: Good Morning!

• Good luck on the house stuff!

Same old story here. Tonight will be busy grading papers, so I'm guessing a nap will be in store for me when I get home. I do love my naps.
  • Morning!

I am thisclose to filing a noise complaint about my neighbor's dog. They have a dog door, and their friggin' dog goes outside all throughout the night and barks. And barks. And barks. And barks. Dude, crate your friggin' loud-ass dog at night, this is getting ridiculous. Every little noise outside, I can hear him bang through the dog door and then go apeshit at all hours of the night.

Last night was especially bad because I was in such a deep sleep and it startled me awake and it took me forever to fall asleep with his incessant barking. I am not pleasant when my sleep is disturbed. I'm like an infant.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • :/ I woke up to my manager posting all over fb stuff like "We were born to succeed, not to fail" and "I don't have a job, I have a passion. That passion is business". I feel like theyre all directed towards me and my pitiful situation. Its AMAZING how much the amount of work you have to do in a day affects your self worth. I dont even want to get up in the morning.

Annnnnd enough of me being depressing and complaining about my work sitch for the umpteenth time. Im gonna peace out. sorry ladies. I hope everyone has a good day.
  • Nebb, don't take it personally. I've found that many people post that stuff just to make themselves sound big and important for their own self-esteem needs.

Mehg, I'd definitely complain. The dog shouldn't be out at all hours of the night barking. Whisky has started howling all night for some godawful reason. Thankfully we don't really have neighbors, otherwise they'd probably think he was being tortured.
  • Mehg, our C of a neighbor regularly leaves her dog outside for extended periods of time and it will honest to god bark nonstop while its out there. I can hear it while I lay in bed falling asleep and it never fails to piss me off. Neighbors have complained to her and it does nothing, Ive called the humane society and theyve told me unless shes neglecting the dog they cant do anything and I have to call the city to complain (but Im always at work and in the light of day, not as annoyed). Ive envisioned myself going over to her house at 1am and screaming at her but I dont know what that would accomplish.
  • I don't think you should apologize Nebb. You are having a rough go, we have all been there. I think it is important to have somewhere to vent.
  • The night before last, I was so pissed off at the dog that (if I weren't so tired) I almost opened the window and screamed "SHUT THE F*CK UP!!". I hate that we live so close to our neighbors that I can literally hear their dog open the dog door and then continue to bark all night.

And Nebb, don't feel bad, I have so been there. We work 8-ish hours a day, it's our livelihood, so when it's shitty, it's upsetting and hard to focus on anything else.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Mehg, you could always go the route of the passive-aggressive unlabeled note in their mailbox. Someone did that to my dad and his ex. Granted, it was over something totally stupid and her reaction was kind of hilarious, but you never know, it might work.
  • Thanks guys. I just feel like its completely overwhelming me. No one in real life knows how I feel and ive done my best to keep how im feeling off FB/twitter cause my manager watches those like a hawk. I just feel like everything I had (a job I loved, work that I enjoyed doing) has been taken away from me and its driving me crazy. I just got a text this morning from my phone provider letting me know im about to go over my data. Ive NEVER gone over my data, its only because I honestly have nothing to do and mess around on my phone that much.
  • Good morning! I'd definitely complain about the dog Mehg but anyone who doesn't see a problem with it in the first place probably won't be open to hearing your complaints. 

I had a minor panic attack when i got to work and saw an article about a major birth control recall. Luckily, it isn't my brand. If you use a Pfizer BC pill you may want to look at this
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-213?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb29944c-c7ab-458b-97a5-00852e4816eaPost:8d221204-4597-435b-b9b1-fc242e6ead7f">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! I'd definitely complain about the dog Mehg but anyone who doesn't see a problem with it in the first place probably won't be open to hearing your complaints.  <strong>I had a minor panic attack when i got to work and saw an article about a major birth control recall. Luckily, it isn't my brand. If you use a Pfizer BC pill you may want to look at  this . </strong>
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, I can just imagine the lawsuits now.</div><div>
    </div><div>So here's the thing with complaining about work: everyone does it. It is normal. And in, like, 99% of cases, people do it because they are frustrated that they can't do a better job for some reason.  Nebb, you are complaining because you WANT to have something to do.  That's totally understandable. I once had a job where I had a lot of free time and used to spend hours online. Eventually I felt guilty about it (but I was in university, it wasn't 'the rest of my life'.).</div><div>
    </div><div>I would probably complain more about my job except I am a teacher and people tend to take issue when teachers complain, so I have learned to keep it to a minimum. But of course I am married to a teacher, and all my closest friends are teachers except for my BFF, who is a marketing manager but she loves to hear my stories.  So I don't 'need' to vent here about it. But as you have seen I vent about my weight/health issues because I don't have other people IRL to talk to about that stuff.</div><div>
    </div><div>I guess I am just saying that I, for one, don't judge you/think you need to stop.  I know that when people vent a lot about something it is likely because it is truly overwhelming. And that would just suck</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-213?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb29944c-c7ab-458b-97a5-00852e4816eaPost:44076827-508d-44b1-9359-ba5e8c8da3f1">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong> </strong>don't find Ryan Gosling to be attractive.  It's come up at work lately, here on TK, and even with a friend. I feel like I'm missing something.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>REALLY? OMG, I don't have many celebrity crushes but he does it for me...</div>
  • I'm with DJ. I don't see the attraction. To each their own though! If we were all attracted to the same type of man they would be a lot more lonely people in the world. 
  • Good morning all. I didn't want to get up today. It took me half an hour to get out of bed because my hip hurts so bad. I'm 30 but my body thinks I'm 70. I don't find Ryan Gossling all that attractive either. I think he is mildly cute, but not omg hott. If I saw him I would probably just think he looks like someone I've seen before.

Mehg-Call the police when the dog is out late barking. Either that, or pound on their door or call them every time he does it. That way they have to wake up when you do. They probably don't even hear it anymore because they are used to it.

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • hi guys!

i'm feeling a mix of hopeful and dreadful today. I truthfully don't have a job a love, and I've never loved it. Some days are ok, like "at least I'm bringing home a good paycheck," and other days are like "I would rather quit here and eat ramen for the rest of my life"

I think my biggest problem is that I feel like such a failure not liking my job and wanting to quit and do something different.

So for those of you with job stresses, it's defnitely ok to vent. I know my IRL friends kind of get worried about me when everytime i see them its "I just don't like my job!"

I feel hopeful, however that I can get some things done at work, have a good game of VB and organize my house a bit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks numbers :)
  • Morning, happy hump day.

I put all of TOMS shoes in the same category as Crocs and Uggs, I hate them. I'd rather never leave my house than to have someone see me in a pair. 

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a movie with Ryan Gosling in it, but I see his picture around here a lot, he's just ok to me. If I were single and he approached me, I'd probably hit it, but no way would he ever go on my list.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good morning!

Nebb, I hope things get busier/better for you at work.  It sucks to be unhappy in an environment that you spend such a big chunk of your life in.

Mehg, I would definitely complain about the dog.  That's not cool. 

Ryan Gosling? He's cute enough, but I don't drool over him. I would, however, jump Justin Timberlake if I ever saw him. Every time I see the Tearin Up My Heart video I have to remind myself that he was 15 there and my thoughts are not appropriate. 
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    Ryan is dreamy. Anyone who hasn't seen lars and the real girl, blue valentine and crazy stupid love needs to go rent them now
  • Wow, there is something wrong with me ladies - Ryan Gosling is at the top of my list. Ryan Reynolds is #2.  Justin Timberlake could take 3rd...I usually stop thinking after I start focussing on my Ryan(s)

That being said, I think TOMS are ugly (although the ballet flats are cute).  So yeah, to each their own.

Here is my vent: WTF is with my Facebook - I have had the same message listed as 'unread' for over day. It kinda drives me bonkers (in a 'I have very little else to worry about' kinda way).

• I can get on board with the Ryan Reynolds love. 

This is where I miss Zip, we could go into a discussion about the show Fifteen, and old school Ryan Reynolds.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh. I forgot to mention. My co-irker apologized yesterday after what he said. He also apologized to the intern that might have heard it. Did I mention this guy is a manager?
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Morning.  I have my LASIK this afternoon.  I'm freaking out.  I hope nothing goes wrong.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good Morning!

I'm making soup this morning and it's totally weird to be cooking dinner so early.  I have class tonight so I'm just whipping up something that's easy for my H to reheat for dinner.  Art tonight!  It's kinda nice to come home to food on the table, even if I do most of the cooking earlier :)

I'm thinking of signing up for my local breast cancer group's chip timed race.  It's in May.  I can do it.  I'm just so worried of going out there and embarrassing myself on the 5k.  There is no way I'm brave enough yet for the 10.  I think I'm going to do it.  I have until March to decide.
  • I had something to say but I've forgotten because of all the Ryan Gosling chatter... mmmm Ryan Gosling......

morning!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • what kind of soup Anna?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Well. Its just after 9:30 and I'm officially done all of my work! I had one email when I got in, I had to prepare a shipment I left from yesterday and now I'm done. Let's see how long until I get something to do.
  • Sesh - Feeling better compared to yesterday?  Hopefully the doc helped you out.

Morning all,

I got to work today at 9 which is an hour later than I normally go in.  It felt great to sleep past 5am for once.  Today shouldn't be too bad.  I am by myself which means that I can work  my designated hours today.. woo!  The dentist thread yesterday reminded me that I need to make an appointment, so I'm off to do that now.  
  • Ryan Gosling is ok. Some pictures he is gorgeous, others he is average. So I'm not sure where I stand. Ryan Reynolds, well he has a gorgeous body. Actually they both do.

Oh and DJ, I'm better. Still feeling it, but at least now I'm on meds.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-213?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb29944c-c7ab-458b-97a5-00852e4816eaPost:82083d9b-b0ba-410a-9650-906b9e78e1af">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]what kind of soup Anna?
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

Cheddar Potato - made a bit lighter than I usually do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards