Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Another really?! moment from coworker...

Apparently once you get engaged/married you are not allowed to look at any other guys! Ever! No eye candy for you! *rolls eyes*We had a cute fax repair guy come in and me and my other coworker were enjoying the eye candy and she goes "when are you getting married again?" With that condescending judging tone like omg you are SO wrong and that's like cheating!!11!!!1! and basically said 'I bet you would be highly upset if the shoe was on the other foot and you saw him ogling another woman!'  Yes because you know my fiancee and our relationship sooooo well...the one you have NEVER met...and since you know me so well outside of work...please...tell me more about what I'm doing wrong and how big of a hypocrite I am being! Por favor! Me and other coworker looked at each other like ummm wtf? and rolled our eyes haha.Maybe it's an age thing? who knows but seriously...it's not like I'm plotting on how to get him in bed or leave David for him or even having fantasies about him! What's a recent REALLY?! moment you've had?

Re: Another really?! moment from coworker...

• Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends who was in Crazy For You and 7B7B with me is super conservative, and she would always give me the "tsk tsk" look -- complete with the finger motion I can't describe -- when she'd see me hugging the 17 year old Hottie McJailbait(s) in the 7B7B cast.  I was like "Yeah.  B/c I'm gonna leave my man of a husband for one of these children." 
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Was she older? like above 50ish?This coworker is around 60 or something like that so that's why I was thinking maybe it's a generation thing but it could also be a conservative thing as you pointed out.I hug hottie mcjailbates too! :pMy best friends husband who I have actually known longer than her lol always picks me up and swings me around when we hug. But he also thinks of me as a sister and forever a virgin LOL He'll still think I'm a virgin when I get pregnant and have kids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FMIL called me FOUR times on Saturday while shopping for her dress asking all kinds of questions.  She wanted to know what my mothers looked like, what color were the BM's wearing, she even asked about beading.  My dress and my mothers dress has absolutely no beading, where just not bead type of gals.  My dress is ivory, BMs are wearing black, GMs are wearing black, FG is wearing ivory and my mother's dress is like a dark ivory/goldish color. My wedding colors and black, ivory and all shades of pink.At first I thought it was a little much that a grown woman needed so much help picking out a dress.  She calls me back at the end of the day to tell me about her dress.  It is teal with beading "across and under the boobs" (her exact words)  I know it really doesn't matter but she is gonna be sticking out a bit in the photos. 
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No she's actually a couple years younger than I am..25 or 26.  But she's just from a VERY conservative family.  I love her, I just shake my head at her. 
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JanaSB -- she won't as much as you think, I promise!  My wedding colors were exactly the same as yours, and my mom also wore a champagne colored dress.  My MIL wore a heavily beaded (on top) blue dress, and she looked beautiful.  Here, see: http://tinyurl.com/mfpmvw  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    untsing - thanks for posting the pic. I know it won't be as bad as I imagine it in my head it just seemed so odd that she was so inquisitive about everyone else's attire and then picks something so completely different. 
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jana - I hear ya.  My MIL sent me pictures of EVERYTHING she was considering -- different dresses, purses, jewelry.  GUH! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My co-worker was talking about how she was planning this bridal shower for a friend and looking for nice locations last week.  She comes in today talking about how she just found out that she's not even a bridesmaid so she's canceling all the plans... really? don't you think that bit of information would have been nice to know before you started planning?Apple - my mom still looks at eye candy and she is 57 and has been married for 32 years... as she said "I'm married, not dead" lol
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Apple, you hussy!
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Apple, you hussy!damnit! I've been found out...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards