Snarky Brides
Options

Opaque stockings

Are these still "in"? Where does one go to buy these?

I have fairly large tattoos on my legs, so I dont wear dresses to work because I dont feel it looks professional but I really WANT to. Do you think that would solve the problem?

Re: Opaque stockings

• Options
    I don't know, but if you find some, let me know!
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2010
    I like them, especially in the winter. I have black, purple and some patterned ones. Usually with the purple and patterned ones, I'll wear a penci skirt and tall boots, so you can only see a little bit of the stockings.

ETA: I buy mine at Target. They have fun ones.
  • Options
    I think that would work, and I love opaque tights.
  • Options
    I get weird colors at American Apparel and their is a brand called HUE that is at Macy's that you can get a ton of colors.

I wear 'em.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I wear tights every single day in the winter.  Under boots, with regular shoes, sometimes even under jeans on the weekend if it's super cold out.  I get mine everywhere.

In terms of skintone tights, you might need to look at a dance store.  I just have black, navy, brown--the basics.  Or wear your dresses with boots.
  • Options
    I have seen people wear them especially in the cold weather. I wouldn't know where to buy them specifically but I'm thinking any department store or clothing store might have them.

You could also wear tights with a dress too. They're a bit thicker and can be worn just to lounge around or with a dress.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    I would probably just get black or grey or something. My tattoos go quite far down the length of my calves, so I need something that goes all the way down (as opposed to leggings or something). I really want to get some sweater dresses this fall/winter.
  • Options
    Honestly, tights have been in forever.  As long as there is winter, I think there will be tights.  Or, at least, I will be wearing them.

Cheap stores like Target have them for about $6.  They're pretty good quality, too.  Otherwise, any department store will have them, especially if they have sweater dresses or sell leggings.  I see the three together in stores all the time. 
  • Options

I love black tights in the winter.
    Just my two cents

• Options
    My grandma tells me that wearing tights is childish, and not wearing nylons is disgusting.

Sorry, that's not helpful.

I think the tights would definitely work, and I get mine at Macy's.  With sweater dresses, I like to get the plain "smooth" ones, and with un-textured dresses, I sometimes wear textured tights.

• Options
    I second dance tights. Danskin is a good brand.
  • Options
    I have lived in Opaque tights this autumn/winter. I'm sad it's already humid and warm this early on in spring, because I'd hoped to live in them for awhile longer yet.
  • Options
    Check out stockingirl.com

Now before you go getting any ideas about me, I know the people that run the business, I don't wear stockings LOL.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opaque-stockings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be6349f8-189b-4f42-8d7f-fc45fa320cdbPost:83f4958a-e7ef-43f6-89d0-bc6aec173436">Re: Opaque stockings</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would probably just get black or grey or something. My tattoos go quite far down the length of my calves, so I need something that goes all the way down (as opposed to leggings or something). I really want to get some sweater dresses this fall/winter.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

You can get opaque tights pretty much anywhere. Walmart, Target, drug stores etc. Knee-high boots would look great with a sweater dress and opaque tights.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Most department stores carry opaque tights. I have them in every color. I love tights! If you can find them, SWEATER tights are the awesome. I have a grey pair that are going to wear out one day and I will cry.

I don't care if they are out of style or in, I love tights!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards