Snarky Brides
Options

Questions of the 3rd Kind

I know it's Sunday, and no one is around, but you should all answer these questions tomorrow! Hey, beats work right?

1. Do you believe in Aliens?
 By aliens, let's say advanced life forms on another planet, or from another dimension. 

2. Do you think that UFOs (flown by aliens) have visited Earth?

3. Do you think people have experienced alien contact, or alien abduction?

4. Do you think the government is aware of alien observation? Why or why not?

5. How do you think people would react if tomorrow the government came out and said, "Hey. There are aliens! They've been around for a while." ?

6. Have you ever seen a UFO? IF there are extra terrestrials, what do you think they want?

I've been watching a LOT of netflix documentaries this week. Can you tell?

Re: Questions of the 3rd Kind

• Options
    I use to say no but now... I dont think there are aliens butI do think its possible for there to plants and living organisms on other planets.

2. Do you think that UFOs (flown by aliens) have visited Earth? No

3. Do you think people have experienced alien contact, or alien abduction? No

4. Do you think the government is aware of alien observation? Why or why not? I'm probably crazy enough to say that the government can be blamed for some UFO "sightings"

5. How do you think people would react if tomorrow the government came out and said, "Hey. There are aliens! They've been around for a while." ? Pan-de-mon-i-um

6. Have you ever seen a UFO? Nope

IF there are extra terrestrials, what do you think they want?To be our friends. Awww
  • Options
    The more I learn about science, the more I believe in aliens.
  • Options
    1. Do you believe in Aliens?  i don't necessarily believe in them, but i don't discredit the possibility of them exisitng either. if that makes sense.

2. Do you think that UFOs (flown by aliens) have visited Earth? yes, i suppose

3. Do you think people have experienced alien contact, or alien abduction? not really

well if UFOs have visited Earth, then I'm pretty sure our government is aware of it.

5. How do you think people would react if tomorrow the government came out and said, "Hey. There are aliens! They've been around for a while."?
    complete chaos. i'd be pretty effin terrified

6. Have you ever seen a UFO?
    haha no.
    5/27/12
  • Options
     By aliens, let's say advanced life forms on another planet, or from another dimension.
    -I think it would be awful egotistical of us to assume we're the only "intelligent life" that came out of eons of change in the universe and beyond.

-No, I don't go in on the whole "Egypt was built by aliens" theory and others.  But then again, I could begin to imagine what would motivate alien beings.  Hopefully they are above such petty things as territorial wars.

-I suppose it's possible.  But I doubt anyone who has ever publically claimed to have been abducted, actually was.  They all come off as crackpots to me.

-I think the government would be foolish to not acknowledge that a threat could come from space.

5. How do you think people would react if tomorrow the government came out and said, "Hey. There are aliens! They've been around for a while." ?
    -Disbelief.  Most humans dislike their pretty little lives to be thrown into any kind of chaos..

6. Have you ever seen a UFO? IF there are extra terrestrials, what do you think they want?
    -Yes. But i wouldn't say alien.  Lights in the sky that could not be explained away as ball lightning, solar flare effect, northern lights, or military testing.  Not sure what it was so it's still classified as UFO.
    -i wouldn't presume to know what is important to aliens.
  • Options
    3.7 million Americans have claimed to have been abducted.
  • Options
    1. Do you believe in Aliens?  Yup

2. Do you think that UFOs (flown by aliens) have visited Earth? yup

3. Do you think people have experienced alien contact, or alien abduction? It wouldn't really surprise me but I think a lot of it is bogus

Yup. There's a lot of things the government doesn't tell us.

5. How do you think people would react if tomorrow the government came out and said, "Hey. There are aliens! They've been around for a while."?
    Chaos.

6. Have you ever seen a UFO?
    I've seen things in the sky I can't explain but I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for them. Til then I saw an alien :P

When I was younger I read a lot of UFO books and watched a lot of alien movies. I freaked myself out big time.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Statistically, it's almost an impossiblity for there to not be.

2. Do you think that UFOs (flown by aliens) have visited Earth? Doubtful.

3. Do you think people have experienced alien contact, or alien abduction?  Doubtful.

4. Do you think the government is aware of alien observation? Why or why not? Doubtful. (See a pattern?)

5. How do you think people would react if tomorrow the government came out and said, "Hey. There are aliens! They've been around for a while." ? I wouldn't be surprised, but I bet there'd be people who freaked the eff out, for various reasons.

6. Have you ever seen a UFO? IF there are extra terrestrials, what do you think they want? Nope, and I doubt if they've mastered travelling faster than the speed of light that they'd give two craps about us. 
  • Options
    Okay, even if these people aren't being abducted, there is some strange world-wide psychological phenomena going on. The things reported share some unifying characteristics across cultures.
  • Options
    Any, why wouldn't they give two craps about us though? I mean, if we blow up the Earth, that affects the rest of our solar system right?
  • Options
    Jas, I think that IF they existed, they most likely don't even exist in our system. So, I can't see a neighboring system really mattering to them.

And I'm with Any on all counts. Until I experience it personally, I'm inclined to believe these people are all certifiable. :p
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_questions-of-3rd-kind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf365b6c-7aa8-4631-b942-158693475b78Post:0178c5af-591e-4027-aac1-588779a694b5">Re: Questions of the 3rd Kind</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jas, I think that IF they existed, they most likely don't even exist in our system. So, I can't see a neighboring system really mattering to them. And I'm with Any on all counts. Until I experience it personally, I'm inclined to believe these people are all certifiable. :p
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

But we have an interest in neighbouring systems. Technically to other systems, we'd be aliens.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

1. Do you believe in Aliens? Sure, I think it's possible given the size of the universe. I would be pretty surprised if we're the only life in the universe and only slightly less surprised if we are the only "intelligent" life.

2. Do you think that UFOs (flown by aliens) have visited Earth? No. We're pretty far away from other stars, and (at the moment) I don't believe that faster-than-light travel is possible (based on my knowledge of physics).

3. Do you think people have experienced alien contact, or alien abduction? No, for the reason above.

4. Do you think the government is aware of alien observation? Why or why not? No. Partly because I don't know why aliens would go to the government right off. I find it had to believe that astronomers wouldn't have noticed if there were comings and goings.

5. How do you think people would react if tomorrow the government came out and said, "Hey. There are aliens! They've been around for a while." ? I would be excited, but I expect there would be chaos overall. But I don't think that it's likely so I am not holding my breath.

6. Have you ever seen a UFO? IF there are extra terrestrials, what do you think they want? I haven't seen any UFOs, and I have spent a fair time looking at the sky. If there are aliens flying around space, I expect that they're explorers, like we are.
  • Options
    CCF, I took a psych class about UFOs. It was certainly biased, but it was still really interesting. There are a TON of people who claim abduction experience that AREN'T certifiable. They're well-educated, gainfully employed normal people that suddenly have PTSD. So, even if they weren't abducted by aliens, something has done a number of their psyche. The things they report are really strange, and universal. If nothing else, there is some intense symbolism in our subconscious that penetrates every single culture.
  • Options
    Arwo, what about interdimensionality? Do you think there could be intellifent life in other dimensions?
  • Options
    I think it's certainly possible. Maybe even likely.
    There's some compelling evidence that says yes.
    I guess so, except that the majority of the people I've seen who said they had contact with aliens seem kind of cuckoo.
    If anybody should be aware of it, I'd think it would be them.
    I'm not sure. I think some people still wouldn't believe it.
    Never seen one. Or thought I had. I don't think they want anything particularly nice. Stephen Hawking says they'll most likely be looking for a planet with viable resources, and I tend to agree with him. If you have the technology to get to Earth from god knows how many light years away, then you're probably not doing it just because you're curious.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_questions-of-3rd-kind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf365b6c-7aa8-4631-b942-158693475b78Post:9bc2d505-dd18-48f1-91b5-9e40a6d06e8f">Questions of the 3rd Kind</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know it's Sunday, and no one is around, but you should all answer these questions tomorrow! Hey, beats work right?

1. Do you believe in Aliens?  By aliens, let's say advanced life forms on another planet, or from another dimension.<strong> It's possible, I think "no" though.

</strong> 2. Do you think that UFOs (flown by aliens) have visited Earth?<strong> No.

</strong>3. Do you think people have experienced alien contact, or alien abduction? <strong> No</strong>.

4. Do you think the government is aware of alien observation? Why or why not? <strong> no, because any large group of people would be incapable of keeping that kind of secret.

</strong>5. How do you think people would react if tomorrow the government came out and said, "Hey. There are aliens! They've been around for a while." ?  <strong>Panic and suspicion

</strong>6. Have you ever seen a UFO? <strong> No

</strong>IF there are extra terrestrials, what do you think they want? <strong> Land, and a place to survive, like all of us.

</strong>I've been watching a LOT of netflix documentaries this week. Can you tell?<strong>  Um yeah.
    </strong>Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

<strong>Holy hannah, we're YOU abducted this week?
    </strong>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_questions-of-3rd-kind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf365b6c-7aa8-4631-b942-158693475b78Post:3759341c-8259-494f-baa8-20696fb802ad">Re: Questions of the 3rd Kind</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any, why wouldn't they give two craps about us though? I mean, if we blow up the Earth, that affects the rest of our solar system right?
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>It probably wouldn't affect it that much tbh. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_questions-of-3rd-kind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf365b6c-7aa8-4631-b942-158693475b78Post:f876d191-01ab-436b-8fba-449a3c393ff0">Re: Questions of the 3rd Kind</a>:
    [QUOTE]CCF, I took a psych class about UFOs. It was certainly biased, but it was still really interesting. There are a TON of people who claim abduction experience that AREN'T certifiable. They're well-educated, gainfully employed normal people that suddenly have PTSD. So, even if they weren't abducted by aliens, something has done a number of their psyche. The things they report are really strange, and universal. If nothing else, there is some intense symbolism in our subconscious that penetrates every single culture.

This isn't always the case. There are people who are certified insane (51-50) but are still able to work, and go to school and lead fairly normal lives.

I'm a skeptic I guess. And I think I'd rather deny any possibility and then be surprised, then think it's real and be disappointed. Hahaha.
  • Options
    Jackie, thankfully no! I've had the flu. If aliens had a cure for that, though, I certainly would have appreciated it.
  • Options
    Hey guys, if aliens come, and they're nice, I'm so going to say "I told you so." :P

If they're mean, I won't, because we'll have much bigger problems.
  • Options
    What do you mean by "interdimensionally"? Do you mean parallel universe type thing? Or maybe like there are aliens that live in 4-D (like we live in 3-D)?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_questions-of-3rd-kind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf365b6c-7aa8-4631-b942-158693475b78Post:2958d4c7-4ac0-46ca-9712-da36d3e696f0">Re: Questions of the 3rd Kind</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you mean by "interdimensionally"? Do you mean parallel universe type thing? Or maybe like there are aliens that live in 4-D (like we live in 3-D)?
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That'd be mind boggling. </div>
  • Options
    Jas- if they come, will we stick to the zombie plan? I drive up to get you, your H and the pets then we go to Annas?
  • Options
    Arrow, I mean in a parallel dimmension. As in, we know of what 3 or 4 dimensions? But string theory utilizes the existence of many more dimensions. So, could there be other life existing in alternate realities alongside us?
     This is my lay-person understanding, and it may make no sense. :)
  • Options
    Roxy, I think that's a good plan. But if they're not nice aliens, we're pretty fuucked either way. Worth a shot though!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_questions-of-3rd-kind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf365b6c-7aa8-4631-b942-158693475b78Post:f243b96b-ac5e-47e5-a681-0c6749c3fa29">Re: Questions of the 3rd Kind</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions of the 3rd Kind : That'd be mind boggling. 
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Yeah, kinda mind boggling. I think people living in 4D would have to be 4D themselves (because otherwise what's the point?). I have no idea what that would look like to we 3D folk, but I would question our ability to perceive the 3D representation of a 4D person as "alive".

Maybe that would be pretty awesome. Maybe the 4Ds are watching us like TV.

ETA: Pervs! The 4Ds have seen me have sex! Eeeeeee!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_questions-of-3rd-kind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf365b6c-7aa8-4631-b942-158693475b78Post:4e4493f0-e378-434e-88d6-1ba7f1ee0287">Re: Questions of the 3rd Kind</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions of the 3rd Kind : Yeah, kinda mind boggling. I think people living in 4D would have to be 4D themselves (because otherwise what's the point?). I have no idea what that would look like to we 3D folk, but I would question our ability to perceive the 3D representation of a 4D person as "alive". Maybe that would be pretty awesome. Maybe the 4Ds are watching us like TV. ETA: <strong>Pervs! The 4Ds have seen me have sex! Eeeeeee!
    </strong>Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

Bahahaha!
  • Options
    Hahaha I'm loving Arwo's thought process.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_questions-of-3rd-kind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf365b6c-7aa8-4631-b942-158693475b78Post:3accc6c3-bb8f-4604-8967-dadc3ee3f711">Re: Questions of the 3rd Kind</a>:
    [QUOTE]Arrow, I mean in a parallel dimmension. As in, we know of what 3 or 4 dimensions? But string theory utilizes the existence of many more dimensions. So, could there be other life existing in alternate realities alongside us?  This is my lay-person understanding, and it may make no sense. :)

OK, so we live in 3 spatial dimensions, and we can't see things that are ACTUALLY 1D (we have to represent lines in 2D to really see them). So I guess what I think is if there were 4D dudes, they might be able to perceive us (the way we can kinda deal in 2D) but I'm not sure that 5D dudes would be able to "see" (or whatever) us.
  • Options
    Arwo, I'd like you to be my new science teacher. We can meet weekly over milkshakes. Or long island iced teas, whichever best facilitates learning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards