Snarky Brides

What are you willing to pay

13»

Re: What are you willing to pay

• So Sascha, I'm going to have to come raid your closet, mmk?
  • I'll spend money on bras and underwear (but I'm lucky that I get a discount--one perk to working retail!), I'm also picky about some food--I always get Barilla pasta, Heinz ketchup, and a few other things I always get brand names.  Others I just get store brand.  

I get basics like tanks and tees cheap, and sunglasses.  Most things right now I get as inexpensively as possible, but FI and I are planning a shopping spree in a couple months since we both just got full time jobs!  Fancy new purse, here I come!
  • I will spend a lot on bras and panties, quality cooshy toilet paper, gadgets, and hair products (my hair is limp and lame, so I'll pay anything for something that works).

I'm a cheapo when it comes to clothes, jewelry, and accessories. I need to be willing to spend more money on quality shoes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • As long as I get to borrow some of your cute little dresses Roxy!  You always have the cutest dresses on.
    They are opening a department store size Forever 21 here this Saturday.  I am to anxious to go buy a tons of dresses.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You can have at my dresses! I hear forever 21 always has adorable dresses but I just can't do it, I can't stand digging through racks off clothes, it makes me antsy. I prefer boutiques with limited options. They do have super cute dresses though....

I think I should start renting my dresses because I always have to get a new one for special events but then I don't want to wear it again because everyones already seen me in it. Is that dumb?
  • Rox, if you facebook wore it, it is over ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_willing-pay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c3177dc7-0425-4bd8-874b-022f226c0e64Post:bc41bfec-55ee-42dc-8292-eda8391ac0f4">Re: What are you willing to pay</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rox, if you facebook wore it, it is over ;)
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    Damn, there goes 90% of my wardrobe! But you haven't seen the new pink dress I wore on my birthdaaaay neener neener!
  • edited July 2010
    I will spend money on skincare products and to support my addiction to Sephora. I love to try new makeup that they just don't have at drugstores, and the good thing is that I can always take it back if I don't like it. ;)

There's a cap to how much I will spend on food though. I am picky about meats and produce, but everything else is the store brand if it's available. Eating out is much the same... Once on tv I saw there was a hot fudge sundae that cost something like $1000. Even if I was a bazillionaire, I don't think I could ever eat it and be satisfied. There's just no such thing as something being $1000 worth of deliciousness.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • High End- Shoes, bags, toliet paper (charmin ultra soft), cheese, perfume, jeans.

Cheap- Im with the make up too, laundry detergent, cleaning products.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    i'll spend a lot on makeup, skin care products, hair products, and hair treatments. i wear my face and hair every day (lol), so i'm willing to spend a bit more on them than on something i wear once every few weeks. i also have a few nice pieces of jewelry that i wear all the time. i spend a lot of money on good cat food for my kitties.

i've never spent a lot of money on a pair of shoes and i doubt i ever would. i have a coach purse but it's from the outlet and is almost 2 yrs old. i don't feel any desire to replace it. i buy most of my clothes when they are on some kind of sale. i'm also pretty cheap with sunglasses. i think anything over $30 is too much because i always drop them and break them at some point, anyway.
  • I'm pretty cheap on almost everything. I rarely buy name brand, except for ice cream. I can't give up my Hagen-Daas. I'll also spend a little more on a bra if it fits right.

I am willing to spend money on movies, I'll buy a movie pretty much any time it's put in front of me. Also, gifts for my family. I do what I can to get what I know they want, even if it costs a little more.
  • I shell out the cash for good handbags, shoes that fit my miserable feet, good condoms, name brand yeast infection creams, classic pieces of clothing, top shelf booze, jewelry (I don't have much, but am allergic to anything but Plat/titanium), cold meds, coffee, halloween costumes, mani/pedi facials and hair coloring, make-up, high end sheets/towels and sunglasses and yarn.

I'm pretty cheap with jeans (as long as they fit), socks, pj's, work clothes which end up covered in paint and grout, wallets, and carry-on bags.
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I go higher-end on cosmetics ... Mac, Make Up Forever, Urban Decay, etc. I do own some drug store stuff though, I find that Cover Girl drugstore mascara is just fine for me so I don't go buying DiorShow or anything! We buy good coffee, whole bean, and grind it in our coffee grinder right before we make coffee. It does make a difference! I only buy meat and produce at a local grocery store where the stuff is so much higher quality than the average grocery store. I will also only buy name brands of these groceries, not store brand. Again it makes a difference in terms of taste. This particular grocery store sells these awesome vegetarian-fed locally raised chicken breasts that taste AMAZING. I also love name-brand handbags especially Kate Spade, but I buy them at TJ Maxx or Marshall's instead of paying retail ;)

I go cheap on paper products other than toilet paper, pantry items and frozen vegetables I'll definitely buy the store brand if it's cheaper, and like I said I generally buy clothes at TJ Maxx and stuff and I also shop at Forever 21, Kohls, H&M, and other cheapo stores. H and I own quite a few books but we buy most of them at used book stores -- I bought the complete/uncut re-release of Stephen King's The Stand, in hardback, for $6.
  • I love high end purses and heels. I also have some expensive makeup for special occasions.

I'm perfectly fine with payless workshoes, target clothes and drug store everyday makeup.

It's pretty common for my purses to cost 4X the amount of money as the rest of my outfit combined.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Will spend on:
    makeup
    most clothing
    purses
    groceries

Will not spend much on:
    jeans (I buy nice jeans but I buy them on clearance or on consignment)
    hair products and tools
    shoes
    dining out
  • I pretty much only wear high end makeup... i feel like i'm in the minority here!  but i work at a place where I get a discount on it, so I'm not exactly paying full price.  Now that I'm wearing it, though, I feel I can't go back.  I also buy brand name house products (cleaning supplies, plastic wrap, etc).  I once bought generic aluminum foil and sliced my finger on the side of the foil!  HURT LIKE A BIITCH!!

I buy cheap sunglasses though.  I break them.  And sneakers. Heels and dress shoes I'll pay for, but it's all Payless and Famous Footwear for sneakers!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • I'm way too rough on shoes to buy nice ones.  The nicest shoes I've ever owned were Charles David's if that tells you anything.  I bought a nice pair of black pumps to wear to work when I started full time.  Within 6 weeks they were totally wrecked.  Now I have 2 pairs of $15 kitten heeled pumps from Rack Room--a black pair and a brown pair, and when they wear out (after a year or 2) I buy the exact same ones to replace them. 

Same with sunglasses.  I go through 2 or 3 pairs a year.  Possum gets into my purse and specifically seeks them out to destroy them.  She's even taken them out of my sunglasses case before.   Or I sit on them.  Or drop them.  Or get them sandy.  Or scratch them. 
  • High end: cars, champagne, clothes.

Low end: food, fun, booze other than champagne, clothes, most anything else.

I put clothes in both because I buy what I like, and what I like might mean a shirt from Hugo Boss that costs $150 or it might mean a shirt from A&F that costs $12 on sale.  Other than that, there's not a lot of things I'll spend more to get the name brand version of if I think the alternative is just as good.

FI spends a lot on designer bags and clothes, but that's about it for her, she's happy with a $10 bottle of wine and take out from Chili's. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I go high-end on make-up, food, beer, jeans, work clothing

I go medium-priced on clothes, shoes, wine, cars, toilet paper

I go cheap on paper towels, cleaning products, TV (ours is $25 from craigslist)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_willing-pay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c3177dc7-0425-4bd8-874b-022f226c0e64Post:f8b6128d-b868-4615-ae83-b79c98873cc2">Re: What are you willing to pay</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm way too rough on shoes to buy nice ones.  The nicest shoes I've ever owned were Charles David's if that tells you anything.  I bought a nice pair of black pumps to wear to work when I started full time.  Within 6 weeks they were totally wrecked.  Now I have 2 pairs of $15 kitten heeled pumps from Rack Room--a black pair and a brown pair, and when they wear out (after a year or 2) I buy the exact same ones to replace them.  Same with sunglasses.  I go through 2 or 3 pairs a year.  Possum gets into my purse and specifically seeks them out to destroy them.  She's even taken them out of my sunglasses case before.   Or I sit on them.  Or drop them.  <strong><u>Or get them sandy.</u></strong>  Or scratch them. 
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

oh yeah. i forgot about your sandy vag!

heels, i'm going to teach you about expensive hair dryers when you are here next month. you'll never go back to your conair!
  • mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I don't buy high end designer stuff because I can't afford it. I love designer jeans because they always fit great. I always leave empty handed though.

I hate designer sunglasses. I always buy cheap ones, and they look just as cute.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Crap, there ain't much that I cheap out on apparently.  Explains why I don't have much stuff.  I just tend to go without until I can afford something that's really nice/great quality.  I do pretty well getting stuff on sale or clearance though, so there's that.  I tend to cheap out on clothing basics like tshirts and tank tops.  Jeans that are destined to be abused are cheapies, so my nice ones stay that way for a long time.  I can't do Old Navy flip flops cause I slip on wet pavement too much and they flatten out too easy, I love my Havainas.  I buy Under Armour workout stuff at the outlet mall.  Booze I won't cheap out on; I don't drink much anymore so when I do, I want to really enjoy it.
  • I'm willing to spend a ton for:
    Makeup. (which I can sort of justify, as I'm in the process of getting my license.)
    Sushi.
    Bras.
    Perfume.
    Heels.
    Dresses.
    Handbags.
    Hair Products. (the ones that work, anyway. ;)

I go low-end for:
    Deodorant / bath stuff.
    Basics like tanks, flip flops, cotton shorts.
    Sneakers.

I can go both ways for jeans and undies.. if I like em, I'll shell out the cash.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards