Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

PSA: Postage

Maybe this isn't a PSA--because the rest of you probably know this, but...I weighed my invitation at work on our postage machine and it weighed in at $.61.  So I bought my beautiful wedding cake postage stamps, yay.  But just to be sure, I took my invitation to the post office today--and it weighed in at $.64.  So I had to buy ugly $.03 cents to go with my pretty ones.  Boo.But lesson learned for me anyway--weigh your invitations at the post office and nowhere else!

Re: PSA: Postage

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    txtechgaltxtechgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh bummer! thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind when it comes time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gah, I hate usps.  Their scales are always higher than any one else's.  I'm sure if I took my invites up there they would have weighed more but I put the wedding ring stamps on them and dropped them in the box and I haven't gotten one back.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gah, Jana that is maddening.  I was like, "Are you surrrreeee they aren't $.61?"  He was even feeling through the envelope and asked me if I had anything hard in there and I said yes, an embellishment.  *sigh* Better safe than sorry though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sure their scales are off, once I weighed something at work then at home and took it to the P.O. and of course it weighed more there.  Frustrating since they already charge so much to send stuff, UPS needs to start letter delivery.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was so sure mine weren't even the $.61 and my mom insisted I bring one to the post office before I just bought the ring stamps for them- thank goodness, they were $.61. darn USPS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards