Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

PSA: Hand Cancelling Invitations

I know this has been asked many times before. The Dallas main post office on I-30 (first exit west of I-35) does the hand cancelling for the Dallas post offices. The local post office might send them to the main post office for you (I know the Inwood Rd. branch was willing to do this). The main post office has people staffed to do this job only. I took my invitations there and I talked to the manager. Box your invitations with the address on top, and put a large note on the top of the box (I left the box unsealed so I just layed the note on top of the envelopes). Then take the box to the counter at the main post office. There is a man there who will greet you at the door and help you with the boxes and get them to the correct place. My invitations were a special size and even had a wax seal on them and they came through the mail beautifully. The hand stamping is worth the effort. They don't have that ugly red or black computer stamping but instead a round black stamp partially covering the postage stamps. HTH

Re: PSA: Hand Cancelling Invitations

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree about hand cancelling.  I think it's worth it.  I had my Etsy seller hand cancel my sample to me so I could see how it would look and I thought it looked so much better.  I am even considering shipping mine to Oregon to get a special, pretty hand cancel stamp on mine.  Because I am crazy like that.But it's good to know there IS someone in Dallas who will do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't very concerned about hand canceling when I sent mine out last week but when I went to the Frisco Post Office they said I had to have them hand canceled because of the bow on the inside. They said the envelope was too thick to go through the machine. He gave me the white post office tub to bring them back in and a sheet of paper that said something along the lines of "Wedding invitations, please hand cancel" and it had a bouquet on it. My point is, I guess they do this all the time at the Frisco location since they have a sheet they hand out to the brides.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that's good!  I was really worried about mine since it has a rhinestone buckle--but actually with everything else layered on top of the invitation, I don't think it would be a problem even if they did go through the machine.  But I'm going to do hand cancel just because it looks so much nicer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards