Snarky Brides

What do you think about this? FEMA related

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110510/ap_on_re_us/us_fema_reclaiming_aid

CN: People were mistakenly given money by FEMA after natural disasters (all the way back to 2005), and now FEMA wants the money back, in just 30 days.

Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related

• Finders keepers, losers weepers.  They made the mistake, so tough sh!t.  Deal with it.  The whole leagal mess will probably do nothing but make money for the lawyers slugging the whole thing out. 
  • annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    I think if it was FEMA's fault they should eat the cost. I understand the sentiment behind requiring them to recoup all money given in error, but I think it's a pretty stupid law. If these people had defrauded FEMA I might feel differently.
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-this-fema-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4af234c-4e6e-4bac-84fe-ed51cc4d723dPost:238b07e6-f3d5-4a3c-bde3-eafb2b1a6b66">Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Um FEMA, good luck with that." is my first reaction.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]
    Haha, MTE.
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    If these people had gotten money they knew damn well they shouldn't have, then I'd be all for the recoupment.  But this is FEMA's f*ckup, which means they should have to eat the cost.  With the amount of money the government has funnelled into bailouts for the banks and corporations, and foreign aid that half of the time we can't seem to end up tracking, this is a drop in the freaking bucket. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I saw this on the Today Show this morning and I was infuriated by this! 

Just one more way for our gov't to stick up the arssss of the common man.  This makes me sick.

FEMA has screwed it up again.  Had they had their shiit together in the first place, maybe they wouldn't have wrongly paid out this money so the blames lies with them IMO and they should just eat the costs.

30 days.....yea right

• K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    So basically FEMA is the devil? I have pay over $2K a year for flood insurance in order to have a mortgage because FEMA has declared I live in a flood zone. One corner of my backyard gets a big puddle in it when it rains a lot - scary flooding! At least some of the money they rob from people like me went to some people who needed it. It's total bullshit that any of these people who had filed claims with them for assistance and received checks in error should have to pay back a single penny.

Photobucket
  • It's FEMA's turn to suffer for their haphazardly managed organization. They fucked a bunch of people after Katrina and I don't feel even slightly bad that they're out a shitload of money and I think they've got a HUGE set of balls asking for that money back.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-this-fema-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4af234c-4e6e-4bac-84fe-ed51cc4d723dPost:53c7a5e5-4226-42b8-b1cb-e37128fe04a3">Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if it was FEMA's fault they should eat the cost. I understand the sentiment behind requiring them to recoup all money given in error, but I think it's a pretty stupid law. If these people had defrauded FEMA I might feel differently.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%
    imageimage
  • I think I could really lay out the most massive wall-o-text in the history of creation about why I hate FEMA, but basically I can sum it up like this: FEMA can eat my ass.
    panther
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-this-fema-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4af234c-4e6e-4bac-84fe-ed51cc4d723dPost:05bd0dc8-d8a1-436a-85c9-bbbbddc7058a">Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I could really lay out the most massive wall-o-text in the history of creation about why I hate FEMA, but basically I can sum it up like this: <strong>FEMA can eat my ass.
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

So succinct, yet so eloquent. ;)

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-this-fema-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4af234c-4e6e-4bac-84fe-ed51cc4d723dPost:85bcf790-51f0-4d54-bfee-e8e5d0d4c25c">Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related : So succinct, yet so eloquent. ;)
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

I know I'm wordy, but I work in broadcast.  I can narrow it down well :)
    panther
  • If I was in the shoes of any of the people receiving those letters, no f-ing way would I be paying i back. It's their Fvuck up so they should pay the consequenses.

As PP's have said it's not like the people who received the money defrauded FEMA.
    Anniversary
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-this-fema-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4af234c-4e6e-4bac-84fe-ed51cc4d723dPost:b2c47f4c-043f-4cfb-a5af-0fb71d19dd8d">Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related</a>:
    [QUOTE]If these people had gotten money they knew damn well they shouldn't have, then I'd be all for the recoupment.  But this is FEMA's f*ckup, which means they should have to eat the cost.  <strong>With the amount of money the government has funnelled into bailouts for the banks and corporations, and foreign aid that half of the time we can't seem to end up tracking, this is a drop in the freaking bucket. 
    </strong>Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

THIS right here!  Very well said.

So it's ok for our gov't to bail out effin banks that don't know how to control and spend their own money BUT when the American people need help and FEMA effs up, then they should pay it back?  WTH???

I find it disgusting that our gov't is willing to bail out banks and corporations but they cannot "bail out" their fellow man that has worked his fingers to the bone and lost his job b/c of the economy that our gov't put us in to begin with.

I could go on and on and on....I have serious disdain for our gov't system so I need to just stop while I'm ahead on this one.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-this-fema-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4af234c-4e6e-4bac-84fe-ed51cc4d723dPost:1dfac4be-a3dd-42e7-afe2-a58c81be4963">Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related : Agreed 100%
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]
    Me too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Also, I might leave a message like this:

"Hi FEMA officials, I have a disaster to report.  There is a flood of incompetency in your ranks.  Why don't you handle it like you usually do, by doing nothing, and leave me the eff alone. Oh, and EABOD and DIAF. TIA!"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-this-fema-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4af234c-4e6e-4bac-84fe-ed51cc4d723dPost:c6fbc5d5-ddf9-4627-bf94-11de4db626ce">Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related</a>:
    [QUOTE]Had these people received the funds in fraudulent ways, they should have to pay it back.  Since that is not the case, FEMA needs to eat the cost of their eff up.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Yep, agree. Absolutly. Even if it is tax money. Those people obviously needed it. I wonder what guidelines they realized the people didn't actually meet?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-this-fema-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4af234c-4e6e-4bac-84fe-ed51cc4d723dPost:ecf8db21-bad8-40c1-9a4b-a49d1991fd1f">Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I might leave a message like this: "Hi FEMA officials, <strong>I have a disaster to report.  There is a flood of incompetency in your ranks. </strong> Why don't you handle it like you usually do, by doing nothing, and leave me the eff alone. Oh, and EABOD and DIAF. TIA!"
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Oh slice!

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-this-fema-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4af234c-4e6e-4bac-84fe-ed51cc4d723dPost:ecf8db21-bad8-40c1-9a4b-a49d1991fd1f">Re: What do you think about this? FEMA related</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I might leave a message like this: "Hi FEMA officials, I have a disaster to report.  There is a flood of incompetency in your ranks.  Why don't you handle it like you usually do, by doing nothing, and leave me the eff alone. Oh, and EABOD and DIAF. TIA!"
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Ahahahahahaha, yes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards