Snarky Brides
Options

Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-36960994

If your city is on the list, tell me your favorite store. And even if your city isn't on the list, tell me. I'm a (window) shopping hoar. And how the fluck did Indy make #6? It's ok, but not that great...

Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US

• Options
    Not on the list (obviously) but hands down my favourite store is Le Chateau:

http://www.lechateau.com/style/?storeId=334&locale=en_US&repriceOrder=true
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    How the hell did Fargo not make it on this list?  It RULES to shop here.

Okay nevermind.  People usually freeze their ass off before they can hit the second store.

I love to shop Scheels here, though.  It's huge and it's not just sporting goods, they also have fudge, casual clothing, and they have a lovely nook upstairs with lots of decorations and candles and knick-knacks and things.  I got my grandpa a couple years ago in our family gift exchange and I went to Scheels and bought him a really kickass birdhouse and a beer-butt-chicken cooker rack.

ETA - PLUS.  You can ride a damn ferris wheel in there.
    panther
  • Options
    I'm kind of surprised Jacksonville is on the list.  We don't live there (yet) but we are there all the time visiting family because it's so close.

They have this store called Charming Charlies (It's a small chain I think) that we discovered on Black Friday and I fell in love with it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sigh.

My checking account is pretty pitiful these days.  I should probably not click that link...
  • Options
    I LOVE THE SCHEELS IN FARGO OMG.

I love shopping in Chicago.  I love H&M.  It makes me happy.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_top-10-shopping-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c63cfe8e-a161-48b1-bd28-f71e8afca9c9Post:80d3c767-fd32-42fc-80c5-da76ab92597c">Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US</a>:
    [QUOTE]How the hell did Fargo not make it on this list?  It RULES to shop here. Okay nevermind.  People usually freeze their ass off before they can hit the second store. I love to shop Scheels here, though.  It's huge and it's not just sporting goods, they also have fudge, casual clothing, and they have a lovely nook upstairs with lots of decorations and candles and knick-knacks and things.  I got my grandpa a couple years ago in our family gift exchange and I went to Scheels and bought him a really kickass birdhouse and a <strong>beer-butt-chicken cooker rack.</strong> ETA - PLUS.  You can ride a damn ferris wheel in there.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

WANT. Also, Any- that store looks awesome! I love some of the LBDs.
  • Options
    Not on the list but San Antonio and Houston are. I love Charmin Charlies.
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    I knew Houston would be on the list. Its so freaking big you can find just about anything you want within the city limits. 

I'm surprised at San Antonio, though, mainly because its really hard to navigate, for me anyway. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_top-10-shopping-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c63cfe8e-a161-48b1-bd28-f71e8afca9c9Post:dba6d26a-1fa6-4c6e-a111-047bae069406">Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE THE SCHEELS IN FARGO OMG. I love shopping in Chicago.  I love H&M.  It makes me happy.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I went to a Herbergers for the first time this summer while we were in Minnesota. I got an awesome pair of heels there for a sweet price.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_top-10-shopping-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c63cfe8e-a161-48b1-bd28-f71e8afca9c9Post:1fff2360-08d7-4f57-95f5-4a6396900207">Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US : WANT. Also, Any- that store looks awesome! I love some of the LBDs.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they have fantaaaastic dresses. I bought a really adorable sweater and a dress from there on Tuesday.
  • Options
    San Antonio? Just no. I love the culture of the city but the shopping there? I'll pass.

I definitely agree with Dallas. There are several boutiques where you can find one of a kind pieces and also the galleria mall with all of your "everyday" stores. We are also getting an H&M pretty soon.  

As for my favorite store... Yeesh, I would probably have to go with The Gypsy Wagon, a boutique which carries the best jeans and shoes in the universe. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_top-10-shopping-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c63cfe8e-a161-48b1-bd28-f71e8afca9c9Post:80d3c767-fd32-42fc-80c5-da76ab92597c">Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US</a>:
    [QUOTE]How the hell did Fargo not make it on this list?  It RULES to shop here. Okay nevermind.  People usually freeze their ass off before they can hit the second store. I love to shop Scheels here, though.  It's huge and it's not just sporting goods, they also have fudge, casual clothing, and they have a lovely nook upstairs with lots of decorations and candles and knick-knacks and things.  I got my grandpa a couple years ago in our family gift exchange and I went to Scheels and bought him a really kickass birdhouse and a beer-butt-chicken cooker rack. ETA - PLUS.  You can ride a damn ferris wheel in there.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

You had me at fudge.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_top-10-shopping-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c63cfe8e-a161-48b1-bd28-f71e8afca9c9Post:ad73a1e5-b084-4990-a958-cd9db343ae70">Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US : I went to a Herbergers for the first time this summer while we were in Minnesota. I got an awesome pair of heels there for a sweet price.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Herbergers.  I have an awesome pair of boots from Herbergers that I got on sale like whoa, plus with a gift card.  I love love love them.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Oh we just got that Charming Charlie's store up here. I really should check it out I guess!

I was kind of surprised to see Columbus on there but they have a few huge shopping malls in the area, so I guess that's why they were on there ... I don't know if they really have any cutting-edge stores though. At least nothing that we don't have up here in Cleveland. Their sales tax is a lot lower though.
  • Options
    They never really say what makes a city #1, NYC is #24 on the list and yet (obvs) has the highest stats number of store wise. They say they account "options, ease, affordibility", but don't say how... strange.

We don't have sales tax and have pretty good shopping. I love a store called "presents of mind" and one called 'the gold door' for jewelry and a store called "Ipnosi" for clothes.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Geez, even with Mall of America we didnt make the list.

My favorite store is Macys. They have the best sales.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    K Byte, definitely check Charming Charlies out!  They have some awesome accessories!  They sell clothes too, but I didn't try on anything.  There were tons of cute things I would have liked to try on if I'd had the time though.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_top-10-shopping-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c63cfe8e-a161-48b1-bd28-f71e8afca9c9Post:96d307ff-58b1-491f-8627-f5b048cc6db9">Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh we just got that Charming Charlie's store up here. I really should check it out I guess! I was kind of surprised to see Columbus on there but they have a few huge shopping malls in the area, so I guess that's why they were on there ... I don't know if they really have any cutting-edge stores though. At least nothing that we don't have up here in Cleveland. Their sales tax is a lot lower though.
    Posted by K Byte[/QUOTE]

KByte- didnt they just open at Legacy?

And I agree, I'm surprised Cleveland didnt make the list for Legacy,Beachwood, Tower City, and Aurora Outlets alone.
  • Options
    We just got our charmin charlies a few months back. I use to go to houston and shop there. I love how everything is color coded. Makes life easier to get matching accessories. 
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_top-10-shopping-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c63cfe8e-a161-48b1-bd28-f71e8afca9c9Post:2984adc1-739c-4bb6-95c7-3f678b479588">Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just got our charmin charlies a few months back. I use to go to houston and shop there. I love how everything is color coded. Makes life easier to get matching accessories. 
    Posted by jessienjeremy[/QUOTE]

ha ha so true!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_top-10-shopping-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c63cfe8e-a161-48b1-bd28-f71e8afca9c9Post:557587dd-3c0c-42e0-86ee-955b9d3a94ad">Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US : KByte- didnt they just open at Legacy? And I agree, I'm surprised Cleveland didnt make the list for Legacy,Beachwood, Tower City, and Aurora Outlets alone.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Did they open it at Legacy Village? I know we just got one over here at Crocker Park. But it seems like everything that Legacy gets Crocker also gets and vice-versa!

I think we have some really good shopping here in Cleveland. The only thing we're really, REALLY missing is an Ikea. But they don't have that in Columbus either I don't think, I think the only one in Ohio is in Cincy.
  • Options
    How did Chicago not make the list?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_top-10-shopping-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c63cfe8e-a161-48b1-bd28-f71e8afca9c9Post:adca0311-68e3-4e6d-a9e0-ced5fb0eeb21">Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Shopping Cities in the US : Did they open it at Legacy Village? I know we just got one over here at Crocker Park. But it seems like everything that Legacy gets Crocker also gets and vice-versa! I think we have some really good shopping here in Cleveland. The only thing we're really, REALLY missing is an Ikea. But they don't have that in Columbus either I don't think, I think the only one in Ohio is in Cincy.
    Posted by K Byte[/QUOTE]

Yeah DH used to live down the street from the IKEA in Cincy, then he moved up here..lucky me!

We just drove to Cincy a few months back to go to Jungle Jims and they have built a huge outlet mall right off 75. I wanted to stop but we didnt have time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards