Snarky Brides
Options

Oh coworker...

I just sit back now and watch the entertainment.
Today she decided to tell one of our teachers about a PBS show she watched last night that was all about Islam and how she feels like an expert now. The teacher she is talking to us a Muslim who was born and raised in Pakistan, then spent time in Kuwait, Saudi, and then finally here.
The conversation included the phrases "and then they talk about Mowhaymed (mispelled to show pronounciation) and how he walked between the holy cities of...whatever their names are"
and
' it's amazing to me that an entire religion is built out of just a year of his life. How can that be taken seriously?"

I seriously thought she was going to get killed. Keep in mind this is also the coworker who said that Catholics/Christians were just Jews in denial as there is no difference between Christianity and Judaism.

Re: Oh coworker...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-coworker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cd2d1722-6d7f-4e02-ab35-e68aaa8a5e28Post:074d5100-81db-41ca-a9d4-d3c538053cd7">Oh coworker...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just sit back now and watch the entertainment. Today she decided to tell one of our teachers about a PBS show she watched last night that was all about Islam and how she feels like an expert now. The teacher she is talking to us a Muslim who was born and raised in Pakistan, then spent time in Kuwait, Saudi, and then finally here. The conversation included the phrases "and then they talk about Mowhaymed (mispelled to show pronounciation) and how he walked between the holy cities of...whatever their names are" and ' it's amazing to me that an entire religion is built out of just a year of his life. How can that be taken seriously?" I seriously thought she was going to get killed. Keep in mind this is also the coworker who said that Catholics/Christians were just Jews in denial as there is no difference between Christianity and Judaism.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Dear God...I would love to work at your school just for the staff room chatter...

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-coworker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cd2d1722-6d7f-4e02-ab35-e68aaa8a5e28Post:074d5100-81db-41ca-a9d4-d3c538053cd7">Oh coworker...</a>:
    [QUOTE]" I seriously thought she was going to get killed. Keep in mind this is also the coworker who said that Catholics/Christians were just Jews in denial as there is no difference between Christianity and Judaism.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

<div>Also...am I allowed to infer, based on this sentence alone, that she is Jewish? And she was making comments such as those to a Muslim...not sure I would be loving that if I were the other woman...</div>
  • Options
    I love to listen to stuff like that and just judge in my head.
  • Options
    Oh she is a Catholic, but her late husband was Jewish. Which apparently makes her the expert on Catholic/Jews and now Muslims through PBS. When she made her whole "Jews and Christians think the same thing" comment my response may have been "Yeah, except the whole ' Jesus as the son of God, Lord and Savior' thing". I was informed that part is purely political and has nothing to do with the religion.

Sometimes I want to live in her head, it seems lke a nice fantasy land.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-coworker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cd2d1722-6d7f-4e02-ab35-e68aaa8a5e28Post:5260543e-7506-4239-b8a6-6800908d6780">Re: Oh coworker...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh she is a Catholic, but her late husband was Jewish. Which apparently makes her the expert on Catholic/Jews and now Muslims through PBS. When she made her whole "Jews and Christians think the same thing" comment my response may have been "Yeah, except the whole ' Jesus as the son of God, Lord and Savior' thing". I was informed that part is purely political and has nothing to do with the religion. 
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

<div>wow, she sounds like a piece of work...I love people who 'claim to know so much'...</div>
  • Options
    Wow, I hope that teacher goes all jihad on your coworker. That would be fun to watch.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hey, what's wrong with PBS?  *hehe*

Your co-worker can suck my nut.
    panther
  • Options
    The very reason why I stay out of the teacher's lounge at my school. Stupid ass comments/conversations!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options

Geez, know-it-all much?  I can't believe she would be so disrespectful about other people's religions to their faces.  I am not even an expert on my own religion, rather than someone else's.  I love to learn about other people's beliefs.  There are facets of other religions that I find so insightful/brilliant/beautiful.  While I obviously follow only one religion, I respect other religions and the people who follow them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    We need a wide-eyed, blinking smiley for threads like this. OMG!
  • Options
    Oh, jeez.  At least you get the entertainment value of working with her ;).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards