Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Cake and florist help

Hey All, I would love some suggestions as to cake and floral vendors in the McKinney/Plano area. We're looking for something nice, but we're on a budget and can't go crazy. Any recommendations? Also, has anyone worked with Culinary Arts Catering or TLC Catering? I'd love to hear your feedback on either. Thanks a bunch! Anne

Re: Cake and florist help

• Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm no help on flowers/cakes, but I did have a tasting with Culinary Arts.  We went with a different caterer because we wanted a really creative menu, but Culinary Arts definitely had some tasty food.  I did think that they were a little on the expensive side for what you got (Guess Who's Coming to Dinner gave much more value and also tasted good).   I would suggest also checking out some other caterers. HTH!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there are a couple of cake placec in plano- there is willie mays ( best cake I have ever had) I think its alma and custer right behind cvs, there is cakes amor ( spring creek and 75- behind chase bank, and one cake place near 15th st in downtown plano. - I was going to work with culinary arts catering but they were actully higher than some caters
  • Options
    TXsizeloveTXsizelove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    l33annal33anna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Kirsten with the Lilypad Flower shop! She is great and I has great prices. She is located out of her home in Mckinney. For our cake, we are using Bake Rejoice...Joyce is extremely nice and the cakes were delicious! We are getting 4 tiers, all different flavors for no additional charge. Yum..I can't wait for cake! 23 days!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On cakes, I am using Paninis- delicious! If you keep the design simple you can probably do ok on price. For flowers, I can't recommend mine, but if I coulld do it again I think i would jsut go with Market street- half the price of what I am getting with my florist!I'd also consider Tom Thumb- the one on Legacy in Plano near Coit has nice looking floral. I also met with Judy at Sahana and she was very talented but I thought a bit high end.
  • Options
    sksegovia@sksksegovia@sk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well the cake we are getting is a three tier, square, marble cake, with black curl designs, fondant, it's going to feed about 150 guest. It's costing me $280.00 plus $25.00 delivery and set up and trust me their cakes were outstanding, they were beautiful. Sometimes you have to look in areas of Dallas that are not the best to fine the best deals. As for my cater I'm using Tango Bakery and prices are great..let me know if you want info on that as well.
  • Options
    pphqt10pphqt10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am using Z's florist and I am pretty sure they have locations in dallas and plano.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards