Snarky Brides
Options

Mother's Day Photo

I just had to share this because I thought it was so sweet!

My friend posted a photo on her FB today that, quite honestly, made me tear up. My friend is adopted, so she posted a picture of her birth mom and adoptive mom, smiling, hugging each other. The caption is what really got me, "Nature and nurture. I love my moms."

Just goes to show that having a conventional family isn't the only way to have a happy family.

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Mother's Day Photo

• Options
    That is so sweet!
  • Options
    I know, right? There were definitely tears in my eyes when I saw that, haha.

Of course, someone had to say something totally stupid just now. Sigh.

Someone posted about how they loved the picture and about how my friend "looked so much like her mother!" (For the record, my friend is black and her adoptive mother is white.) My friend said, "Which one?" The girl replied, "Uh, your REAL one, which do you think??"

Cringe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Aw that is so sweet. :) And yeah, a little more tact would've been nice on the part of her friend that commented.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    That's sweet.  I wish my stepkids understood that family is thicker than blood.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That is really sweet.  I hope your friend can delete that other post before either mom sees it.  How horrible.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mothers-day-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d48e2ac5-da16-4f4a-9b0f-c13956d32e6cPost:333eeb71-3286-4d3a-a694-9b0652cb3ee7">Re: Mother's Day Photo</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is really sweet.  I hope your friend can delete that other post before either mom sees it.  How horrible.
    Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]

Her adoptive mother has already commented on the photo. I guess she decided to ignore that comment. Still....cringe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards