Snarky Brides
Options

annoyed with deleted posts

Could everyone please stop deleting the original posts on things? It's mainly on this board.
It really doesn't make sense to delete it because people were "being mean", when mean comments will stay there anyway.
STOP DELETING POSTS!!!! Good Lord.

Re: annoyed with deleted posts

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2010
    Many people delete and I think people delete for different reasons.

The obvious reason is because they were harrassed in what they posted and now feel ashamed or don't want the berating to continue.

Another reason, and the reason why I don't post too many questions around here, is because the problem is personal and others from the situation could stumble upon it.  These boards aren't an insulated bubble.  As people say over and over, this is an international board where anyone has access to it.  Many questions on here are about other brides or bridesmaids, which are people who have a higher chance of finding the post, figuring out who wrote it, and causing problems.  Perhaps that little light bulb goes off in the OP's head after she's written the post.

I understand the idea that questions are asked over and over and leaving things up allows other brides to read it and apply it to their situation.  But sometimes you need help with more sensitive situations and I think you should have the right to DD.  That's an unpopular opinion, but there it is.  It's sad that I can't ask for unbiased opinions about certain situations on here, but I know people will quote it and the people involved could read it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards