Snarky Brides

Happy Saturday Morning

So, is anyone else up far to early out of habit? 

Thanks everyone who commented yesterday re the arrest of the scum who stole my identity, it was just such a busy day I never got back here!

Weather is really nice here for October, and we are off to get a Halloween costume today for me for a party next week, among other misc. tasks.

Re: Happy Saturday Morning

• In laws this weekend....it will be interesting.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi Y'all! I'm getting ready to put on some clothes and start a busy day of car maintenance, allergy shots, bootcamp, laser appointment, and helping a friend move.. .all before 1pm. Should be fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have to spend the day doing progress reports (which are really just report cards) for work. This is the part of my job I hate. I wish I didn't have to bring so much fricking work home. I spent every evening this week (except last night) working on them and I still have to work on them today! Bleh.

But tomorrow we are going on a wine tour for SILs birthday. I am super happy about that!
  • Morning.  H is at work so I'm currently sitting on the couch watching Law & Order.  I'm about to start figuring out what I want to make for dinner tonight (I like to do good home-cooked meals on the weekends), and then tonight I think we're going bowling.

I'm not sure what we're planning for tomorrow yet.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Work today. Fun stuff. Other than that, nothing's going on. This week seemed to go by really fast though, and I'm hoping next week will do the same.
  • Good Morning, Ladies!  Missed everything yesterday, with all the TK computer nonsense.  I made a pumpkin cheesecake for our dinner with friends tonight, and tomorrow we're having friends over for my bday bbq.  Cool fall weather and a busy weekend.  Have a great weekend, everyone.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Morning!  We're watching Mighty Ducks; man, I still love this movie.

mmm wine tours and pumpkin cheesecake.
  • Hi ladies!  I've got to go get ready for our afternoon show. Just wanted to wish you all a fantastic weekednd! :D
  • Stupid mentioning of pumpkin cheesecake, now I want.  Must find recipe.

I'm up, earlier than I want to be (not a morning person here).  DH's aunt is coming over with his grandmother's china to give to us, then we're getting some furniture moved out of her house.  We're going over to a friends' house to watch the UFC fight tonight, not really looking forward to dealing with his girlfriends' 3 hellions.  Would have definitely rather gone to the bar to watch it.
  • Today is balls and im in a horrible mood. I woke up and weighed myself and I somehow GAINED four god damn pounds this week, since last saturday morning. I ate impeccibly well and worked out a lot this week, and still I gained weight. I just want to go back to bed now.
  • Im sitting on the front porch of our camp. I wish I could upload the picture from my phone that I took yesterday. Its our own little piece of paradise. :)

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:74d22e77-cdae-4ce1-adcb-ef7f9831e720">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today is balls and im in a horrible mood. I woke up and weighed myself and I somehow GAINED four god damn pounds this week, since last saturday morning. I ate impeccibly well and worked out a lot this week, and still I gained weight. I just want to go back to bed now.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Nebb- How many times a week are you weighing yourself? First keep in mind there is always fluctuation in weight. And when you work out you start gaining muscle which weighs more. Have you measured yourself? I would go by my inches instead of weight. Dont beat yourself up Nebb. Maybe talk to Raynes?

Lenore- I didnt hear about the identity theft person, do tell.

As for us, its yard work, dog to the vet. And hanging out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:2a5fe249-bd54-41c8-b939-1e17f64a1554">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning : Nebb- How many times a week are you weighing yourself? First keep in mind there is always fluctuation in weight. And when you work out you start gaining muscle which weighs more. Have you measured yourself? I would go by my inches instead of weight. Dont beat yourself up Nebb. Maybe talk to Raynes? Lenore- I didnt hear about the identity theft person, do tell. As for us, its yard work, dog to the vet. And hanging out.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    I weighed myself last saturday morning, and this saturday morning. I have only done weights once this week, the other times were just straight cardio. I think my body is seriously broken, I gain weight painfully easy and it takes a damn near miracle to lose.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:024cd958-6b7c-4c4e-a896-7ab6940952d4">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning : I weighed myself last saturday morning, and this saturday morning. I have only done weights once this week, the other times were just straight cardio. I think my body is seriously broken, I gain weight painfully easy and it takes a damn near miracle to lose.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I know how you feel and it is discouraging. I know I need to get up and do something. I have no motivation at all, so you are ahead of me. Just keep up what you're doing Nebb you will be fine. I promise.
  • Morning all! I'm going to shopping in a few and tonight my friend and I are going to a new sushi place. I'm trying to be gone as much as possible- H is having his friend over. Said friend and his long-time gf broke up, which wouldn't be a huge deal, except they have a kid together and I don't know how that's going to work out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:d645c08b-77ca-4a26-9647-f2bf5abca399">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning : Thats what my husband said, to just keep going. I just feel really upset because I cant think of what I might have done WRONG. My doctor had  said he could refer me to a weight loss clinic but it was a 30 minute drive away so I said no, but I work in the next city over from it now so I might take him up on the offer. I just feel like there must be something wrong with me if I gain weight so fast AND gain even if I do what traditionally should make you lose.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I agree with your DH, just keep it up and I'm sure you'll be fine. As my DH says it's a life choice. He's always on me to exercise, so I feel like a lazy person cause he works out everyday. But he still has his times when he gains weight and feels awful and he goes back to weighing his food again. It's really bad when he travels.
  • Steph--I love The Mighty Ducks. I could watch it over and over again. That movie is the reason I started watching hockey.

Anyway, I'm super sore today. I can tell I never work out because every muscle in my body aches. And I have dozens of tiny scratches/holes on my hands from the pine straw. But it was worth it, because H got the yard finished in time for the customer's garden show and tour. This could potentially mean a lit of business for him if people like that they see.

Oh, and I got to watch H fire someone yesteday. It was awesome, because he was finally standing up for himself with this worker who constantly walked all over him.
  • Sesh! I had a dream about you the other night!
  • What was I doing? Was Sir Whisky there? Did anything exciting happen?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:2332a8f5-213a-4682-a470-179bf99772b2">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]What was I doing? Was Sir Whisky there? Did anything exciting happen?
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I dont remember exactly, I think you were doing an art fair and you were there with your husband (who didnt look like your husband).It was really just weird.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:f1fa0a24-c1f5-4faa-b1b1-fbafb9ab1d34">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning : I dont remember exactly, I think you were doing an art fair and you were there with your husband (who didnt look like your husband).It was really just weird.

It must have been my secret boyfriend. Shh, don't tell H.

I actually just had a discussion about art with one of H's workers and I'm now debating whether or not I hate him (the worker). He basically said that realism isn't real art because anyone can be trained to do it, and that if people don't understand his oh-so-non-descriptive-and-unique art that you just aren't smart enough to. I do both realism and abstract. Ass.

Ooh, the air show is starting. The show is just across the river from us so we have the perfect spot. They were practicing all day yesterday and it's so loud you can't hear yourself think.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:6e19630b-1acb-4d14-8b58-bb0cbcd431fd">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning : It must have been my secret boyfriend. Shh, don't tell H. I actually just had a discussion about art with one of H's workers and I'm now debating whether or not I hate him (the worker). He basically said that realism isn't real art because anyone can be trained to do it, and that if people don't understand his oh-so-non-descriptive-and-unique art that you just aren't smart enough to. I do both realism and abstract. Ass. Ooh, the air show is starting. The show is just across the river from us so we have the perfect spot. They were practicing all day yesterday and it's so loud you can't hear yourself think.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Pish. I don't think you can train ANYONE to do it. You need to have a pretty decent understanding of light/dark, an eye for detail and perspective, etc.

I know, I've tried =(
  • I agree, Any. A family friend is an incredible realistic painter. I could never do what she can. You can't take just anyone off the street and teach them to paint that way. To say that's not real art, then to say your own technique (which he claims no one else has ever done before and took him years to perfect) is beyond anyone's ability to comprehend just makes you sound like a total douche.
  • Soooo what ended up happening yesterday after I left the chatroom? Did tk come back to life right after that?

Visit with MIL was actually not bad at all. I am still kind of in shock about that fact. It was nice to see her behave herself for once!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:3a4fe5db-667b-433e-a590-4a9eb42d109e">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Soooo what ended up happening yesterday after I left the chatroom? Did tk come back to life right after that? Visit with MIL was actually not bad at all. I am still kind of in shock about that fact. It was nice to see her behave herself for once!
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by behave?
  • Good morning all. Im laying in bed while FI is getting ready for yet another tattoo. Silly boy, he is running out of skin to cover. You all make me want to get off my @$$ and go to the gym, oh and throw away the pint of peanut butter n chocolate ice cream from baskin robbins I just bought. uh oh. And, agreed. I have tried to 'train' (took art classes) and have failed miserably at any and all things artistic. Therefore, no, you cannot train for it. You have to already have that skill in you. Sesh, you should b!tch slap that guy in the face. He sounds like and @$$
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Do not seek the because; in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:1db43142-a637-497d-9942-cc0c4e5ddabf">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning : What do you mean by behave?

She is a crazy pathological liar. She also has a weird competitive streak with me and she hates I refuse to engage her in it. As far as I can tell, it seems like that didn't happen this visit! Or she is just getting better at stuff...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:d363403f-4adf-4645-a14d-bba91ee9ce0b">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning : It came back maybe an hour or so after you left? ChiChi, Sarah and I hung out there for a bit longer, mostly because it was still pretty dead around here for a while after that.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Was it just a weird glitch or were Chinese brides trying to take over the world?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6143c5a-6a2a-473e-be94-74ba7dcd52b4Post:6847a035-50b0-4d9c-a27e-47bfcaeedf0b">Re: Happy Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning : She is a crazy pathological liar. She also has a weird competitive streak with me and she hates I refuse to engage her in it. As far as I can tell, it seems like that didn't happen this visit! Or she is just getting better at stuff...
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

God I am so glad I get along with my MIL. But even she is stuck in her ways. DH calls it groundhog day, because we know we are going to have the same conversations when we spend time with her. But, she's almost 80, things arent going to change.

I hope you are right and she is changing her behavior.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards