Snarky Brides
Options

Cartoons stop child abuse Y'all

Re: Cartoons stop child abuse Y'all

• Options
    This isnt going to backfire on me and turn into jurassic park 4 is it? Because I will freak OUT if it does...
  • Options
    OMG Nebb that will be classic!

Yes Katie it's working!
  • Options
    Nebb i dont think we are fb friends either?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    We arent, I dont believe. Ummmmm my name is samantha if you find me on friends lists? You will recognize me by the Trex pic.
  • Options
    Blue she is in my friends list
  • Options
    My friend just said this : Yes CCF, we get it, you don't agree with the "change your picture to a cartoon to promote awareness of child abuse"... but the opposition is now just as annoying as the support.

LMAO!
  • Options
    Found ya.  Now accept me before I get all sensitive and shiit that you secretly hate my guts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

That dino is our buddy

This one tried to eat me

But H scared it off.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cartoons-stop-child-abuse-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6dfab6d-5693-4da7-a8d1-4349d5039c01Post:d85a8b6a-bdb9-4129-9c55-bb2357e4a662">Re: Cartoons stop child abuse Y'all</a>:
    [QUOTE]Found ya.  Now accept me before I get all sensitive and shiit that you secretly hate my guts.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    After last night? No WAYS. I love your accent.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cartoons-stop-child-abuse-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6dfab6d-5693-4da7-a8d1-4349d5039c01Post:e32b6914-4c95-4ec2-859b-fd8283df1e74">Re: Cartoons stop child abuse Y'all</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend just said this : Yes CCF, we get it, you don't agree with the "change your picture to a cartoon to promote awareness of child abuse<strong>"... but the opposition is now just as annoying as the support.</strong> LMAO!
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

That's the point!
  • Options
    Clearly your friend doesnt care about dinosaurs CCF
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cartoons-stop-child-abuse-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6dfab6d-5693-4da7-a8d1-4349d5039c01Post:a62d2fc4-1910-484c-8632-5f9cd1f9a53c">Re: Cartoons stop child abuse Y'all</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cartoons stop child abuse Y'all : After last night? No WAYS. I love your accent.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

MAAAAAAAAHHHH.  THA MEATLOAF!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How did your cookies turn out?
  • Options
    Awesome.  I cant stop eating them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hahaha that would totally be me, I never make them because I will just eat them all.
  • Options

EAT ME, RICKS.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cartoons-stop-child-abuse-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6dfab6d-5693-4da7-a8d1-4349d5039c01Post:76f57134-82a7-4422-ab5a-1038c27bac48">Re: Cartoons stop child abuse Y'all</a>:
    [QUOTE]EAT ME, RICKS.
    Posted by scoetto[/QUOTE]

HI
  • Options
    A friend just messaged me on fb -

I'm trying to decide whether to change my pic to support dinosaurs, or to be a superdick and change to a cartoon - of Homer strangling Bart, of course - to stand up against(?) child abuse
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know i'm a newb here, but
    I'm glad to know that i'm not the only one who thinks this is beyond stupid.

This all started because of the Zahra Baker case here where I live and people look at me like i've just killed a thousand kids when I say that Its sad that she died, but what happens to all of the other thousands of kids who are abused and killed as well? Where are their vigils and memorials?

Ok. that is all! Going back into my lurking position now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI's friend just went on a rant about the pictures. It makes me happy. So I gave him the dinosaur status and he thinks it's awesome. He's doing his part to save the dinosaurs.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for more people supporting the dinosaurs!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Alli, FI is stealing the idea of changing his to Homer strangling Bart. That's too funny
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cartoons-stop-child-abuse-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6dfab6d-5693-4da7-a8d1-4349d5039c01Post:76f57134-82a7-4422-ab5a-1038c27bac48">Re: Cartoons stop child abuse Y'all</a>:
    [QUOTE]EAT ME, RICKS.
    Posted by scoetto[/QUOTE]

Dirty girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    While I'm sitting here with my panties all twisted over this, I'll tell you all about my facebook rant about this today. I made a comment about how everyone who changed their FB pics should give themselves a pat on the back and then proclaimed child abuse to no longer exist.

My aunt commented a few minutes later about how happy she was to know that I'm the optimist of the family. Isn't that funny? No. Not really.

So here's my reply:

"I know! It's so nice to have gotten that whole child abuse thing out of the way forever. What should we work on next? World peace? Let's all make our profile pictures of our favorite peace leaders - Ghandi, Mother Teresa, etc. I bet we can make it happen...instead of actually doing anything meaningful, we can just all pretend we are...on facebook. Yeah!!"

I got a few "likes" and then i got someone who said I was silly for thinking the people participating think they're actually having an effect. Yeah. I'm the silly one.
  • Options
    Yess Less than 0 YOU  are the silly one lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cartoons-stop-child-abuse-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6dfab6d-5693-4da7-a8d1-4349d5039c01Post:16143575-b609-4e1f-b701-73140e759d05">Re: Cartoons stop child abuse Y'all</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yess Less than 0 YOU  are the silly one lol.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

I know. Fvck me for living in reality, right?
  • Options
    Yes, shame on you.
  • Options
    I will soon be supporting the Save the Dinosaurs campaign!  And Scott too.  

Nebb, I can see your tweets on my feed?  I hardly go on twitter but I always read your tweets.  Kiss
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cartoons-stop-child-abuse-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d6dfab6d-5693-4da7-a8d1-4349d5039c01Post:0e001669-14f6-4623-8631-4d266cea36a2">Re: Cartoons stop child abuse Y'all</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will soon be supporting the Save the Dinosaurs campaign!  And Scott too.   Nebb, I can see your tweets on my feed?  I hardly go on twitter but I always read your tweets.  
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]
    Huh, thats good to hear. They arent showing up in my feed or my husbands feed so I just assumed no one could see it
  • Options
    I posted that instead of changing their pictures to cartoons, which does nothing to end child abuse, maybe we should all donate to a battered women and children's shelter to help those who are in need this holiday season - and included a link to a reputable one in the area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards