Snarky Brides
Options

Fiance and Abortion

We just found out Friday that we were going to have a baby. I'm somewhere between 6 and 10 weeks along, and I really have no clue what to do. My FI wants me to have an abortion, and I'm considering it. I feel that abortion shouldn't be an option unless there are extrenuating medical circumstances, and he knows this. But we can't afford to raise a child right now, and he doesn't feel like he's capable of it (he's never even held a baby). He's got a year and a half left of college after this semester, and I have a year; plus our mountain of debt from student loans. We're planning our wedding for June 2012. I understand where he's coming from, but I just can't be ok with killing a baby, no matter how small or alien it looks. I told him I would if there was no way we could figure out how to afford everything, which meant he wasn't even going to try and think about it. All he tells me is how we can't afford it, how he isn't ready, how its not really a baby, and how we can have children in the future. Any time something comes up that messes with his idea of a perfect future, he adopts this defeatist attitude and doesn't really try to work past it. He tells me he feels like he's losing me to the "blob" (which is why I think we will never have children, because I don't think he'll be able to "share" me). I'm sad and confused and hurt and lonely, and I just don't feel like I can rely on him for any of the support I need to make a decision. I don't want an abortion, I feel like it will be the worst choice I'll ever make and I will regret it the rest of my life. It has a heartbeat, and I would be the one stopping it, not him, me. I would be a murderer. Bleck. I'm done ranting, any advice would be awesome.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards