Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Horrific Fight Song

Re: Horrific Fight Song

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're not really using that as their fight song though.  I think it's more for pre-game (and now Nike use) is what it looked like.  It really is a bad song.  They used a whole bunch of references for other schools that have "cowboys" (Maverick=UTA).  They talked about pistols up but Tech uses "guns up".  Kind of similar.  Why would they try to hire some who is an alumni of another school to write a song for them?  I would never ask a t-sip to write a song for A&M.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And Julie - I'm pretty sure your fight song as a Longhorn refernce. Oh, but this isn't a fight song, is it???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm just saying why would they have used someone who's an alumni of a school within their athletic conference. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And no, our fight song is called a war hymn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is a hymn as well, even kind of sounds like one until the yelling at the end. :) Awwww...Jayhawk football starts this weekend, but we're terrible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess it really isn't a "fight song" but boy is the reaction against it bad. I keep hearing coworkers play it up and down the hall and talking about how horrible it is...and you'd think since OSU is our in-state rival, the reaction would be good...
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards