Snarky Brides
Options

XP- House update (PIP!)

Well, almost.  We put in an offer last night, and the seller accepted it this morning!  It makes me think we should have offered even less, but it's still a great deal. The inspection is tomorrow!
Just for good measure, here are a few pictures! (We will be replacing the carpet and the appliances.)

^living room^kitchen (brick wall on the left, orange counter)
^basement (LOVE the stone wall and fireplace)
^HUGE backyard (H better be excited to mow)^HUGE deck. Major selling point :)
I promise I'm done being an AW now!  All updates will be on my blog.

Re: XP- House update (PIP!)

• Options
    WOW!
    Looks like a lot of space!
    I will have to show FI these pics, we LOVE big decks and big yards!
    Yay! Congrats to you guys!
  • Options
    Don't worry about AW'ing. I love it. Crossing my fingers everything works out great.
  • Options
    I love it! The rooms like nice and spacious, and that fireplace is awesome. AND a big yard for the puppies. NICE!
  • Options
    It is a ton of space! Almost 2,000 square feet! (I think it's like 1900 something.)

I'm SO EXCITED GUYS. for serious!
  • Options
    Congrats on such a great house! I can see many a parties on that Deck and what a great yard. Hope the inspection goes well!
  • Options
    Congrats Steph! I am so jealous. The place looks amazing...you must be so excited!
  • Options
    Congrats again, Steph.  I'm really happy for you guys!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Congratulations! How exciting :-)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Congrats! That deck is great! I love the fireplace too.
  • Options
    Congrats! Buying a house is so exciting! The house looks awesome, having a big yard is a huge plus. We live on an acre and although its a lot of yard work, we love it and so do the dogs :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love it Stef!  Hope the inspection goes well!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I love it!  The exposed beams are beautiful, and I love the contrast in the kitchen.

I can't wait to see it as you start your renovations and complete it! How exciting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It looks great!  You'll have to keep us posted as to all your projects. 
  • Options
    Yay Steph!  It's so exciting buying a house!!  Congrats to you guys!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh Steph that looks great!!

I have visions of an awesome kitchen in there already.  That brick wall is fantastic.

Yay!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_house-update-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dfb4863c-8474-447e-b971-18186f73f090Post:c8b24283-012c-4580-a7e5-cb480e709e0c">Re: XP- House update (PIP!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Steph that looks great!! I have visions of an awesome kitchen in there already.  That brick wall is fantastic. Yay!
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>Feel free to share your visions! We're still trying to figure out what to do.  We're trying to figure out what appliances we want, first, because we'll roll those into the mortgage (with the new flooring/carpet.)  I kind of love the orange counters, though, as ridiculous as they are. </div><div>
    </div><div>I LOVE that brick wall; H thinks we should knock it down (it's already partially opened), but I'm worried we won't have anywhere to put the TV in the living room.  </div><div>
    </div><div>You know? That massive entertainment center I bought H, because we were 'certain' we weren't going to move for at least another year? Yeah. I have no clue where to put that thing in the new house.</div>
  • Options
    It's beautiful, Steph!!  Congrats!!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_house-update-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dfb4863c-8474-447e-b971-18186f73f090Post:b43e68ed-d4f4-4cba-90a0-d0367b151474">Re: XP- House update (PIP!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP- House update (PIP!) : Feel free to share your visions! We're still trying to figure out what to do.  We're trying to figure out what appliances we want, first, because we'll roll those into the mortgage (with the new flooring/carpet.)  I kind of love the orange counters, though, as ridiculous as they are.  I LOVE that brick wall; H thinks we should knock it down (it's already partially opened), but I'm worried we won't have anywhere to put the TV in the living room.   You know? That massive entertainment center I bought H, because we were 'certain' we weren't going to move for at least another year? Yeah. I have no clue where to put that thing in the new house.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

It sort of depends on what your style is, but I'd say stainless appliances for sure.
    If you want to keep the orange counter top I'd say paint the cupboards (white? light grey?) and go with maybe a green or yellow on the walls, something that works well with the brick.

Can your massive entertainment unit be split up at all?  Will it fit in the basement?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love it. It looks like an absolutely gorgeous home! Congrats :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards