Snarky Brides

Good morning, Monday

Re: Good morning, Monday

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:5b2d02b8-1310-4447-ab81-75ae5af7be1b">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shay/Anna/KW-I hear you ladies. I often feel the same way. I know I shouldn't but it is really hard for me to hear what Andrew says and listen to him sometimes. I feel like telling him that I am not sexy no matter what he says but I know that wouldn't be right to do either. Ugh. It's a lot better than I used to be though.
    Posted by SereJane[/QUOTE]

I like to inquire of my H as to whether his glasses prescription is up to date.  He claims that at least it's better that a wife who walks around with a huge ego.
  • Thanks AATB :) I gave you a compliment in your AW thread too, happy morning!

Haha Anna you are cute. FI just got his glasses prescription renewed so a few weeks ago that line would have been very true for him!

And is it mean if I say I am glad you have a new siggy pic? Haha I would scroll past the other one as fast as I could!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:b92a313a-3dbb-446a-a2cd-d472137bc451">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks AATB :) I gave you a compliment in your AW thread too, happy morning! Haha Anna you are cute. FI just got his glasses prescription renewed so a few weeks ago that line would have been very true for him! And is it mean if I say I am glad you have a new siggy pic? Haha I would scroll past the other one as fast as I could!

The last one?  I only had that for 48 hours.  I loved it but i knew it was going to get annoying quick.  i couldn't subject anyone to that long term.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:5d1028d4-3cba-4632-ba57-76b3ed784412">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : I like to inquire of my H as to whether his glasses prescription is up to date.<strong>  He claims that at least it's better that a wife who walks around with a huge ego</strong>.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

H says that too. Along with "it's much more to see a woman blush when she's told she's beautiful, instead of her going ' yeah, and?'"

and I'm watching Game of Thrones and was totally not prepared for the amount of blood/nakedness. Hello!
  • Good morning ladies!

Sesh - Whiskey's in my T&P's.
    AATB - Your family is, too.

I feel like crap.  It's suitable, since we're no longer on HM and we're back to our normal lives now.  Poor H had to go back to work today.  My throat is on fire right now.

We watched Game of Thrones last night, KW. Loved it.  It was totally not what I expected, but then again, HBO requires nudity in every series. Heh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Haha thanks Anna :) I liked the comedic value and altogether true depiction of TK though!

See, my FI always says he'd rather me be confident. But he does appreciate my blushing. I think he gets tired of me saying things after dinner or when I haven't worked out recently.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:d85572b6-e406-4c73-b8d7-67034683812b">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha thanks Anna :) I liked the comedic value and altogether true depiction of TK though! See, my FI always says he'd rather me be confident. But he does appreciate my blushing. I<strong> think he gets tired of me saying things after dinner or when I haven't worked out recently.</strong>

Mine too.  I've been learning the art of just saying thank you when i get a compliment.  Even if I don't think i deserve it.
  • Pirate, my uncle's neighborhood got hit by the tornados too. Luckily his house is okay, but a few of his neighbors lost a lot. My grandparents are up there visiting right now and are having a hard time with it. Last year they lost their home to a tornado and just got a new one, so going through that again was too much for them, I think.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:d85572b6-e406-4c73-b8d7-67034683812b">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha thanks Anna :) I liked the comedic value and altogether true depiction of TK though! See, my FI always says he'd rather me be confident. But he does appreciate my blushing. <strong>I think he gets tired of me saying things after dinner or when I haven't worked out recently.</strong>

I think mine does too, but he would never actually say that to me lol.  This weekend when I was having my meltdown he gave me a hug and kiss, let me have my moment, then came back and said "I love you and you're beautiful."  He always does that and it does make me feel better.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:cdc6db3f-bbfa-41f7-af8c-79ac3ffb2093">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pirate, my uncle's neighborhood got hit by the tornados too. Luckily his house is okay, but a few of his neighbors lost a lot. My grandparents are up there visiting right now and are having a hard time with it. Last year they lost their home to a tornado and just got a new one, so going through that again was too much for them, I think.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Oh gosh, I'm glad your uncle and the rest of your family are okay!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:ece591eb-4a6a-451b-9efb-e99122b49d73">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning ladies! Sesh - Whiskey's in my T&P's. AATB - Your family is, too. I feel like crap.  It's suitable, since we're no longer on HM and we're back to our normal lives now.  Poor H had to go back to work today.  My throat is on fire right now.<strong> We watched Game of Thrones last night, KW. Loved it</strong>.  It was totally not what I expected, but then again, HBO requires nudity in every series. Heh.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

Totally not the romantic version of those times. And how tiny is the blonde girl compared to the barbarian king guy? Holy crap that guy is massive!
  • Good morning all.
    It was a rough weekend. I don't really know that I want to go into too much more detail on TK yet. I'm just barely sorting my thoughts.

But it didn't make it better that FI calls and says Copper has pooped all over the house for a 3rd day in a row, hasn't eaten this morning but vomited. So we took him immediately to a new vet, because I'm uncomfortable with the vet we had been going to anyway. Turns out one of his liver values the old vet was not test for was SUPER high, and he has prostateitis. Which is a fancy way of saying his prostate is enlarged, so he will be getting neutered if we can get that liver value down. He aslso has a collasped disk in his back, and at some point in his life time had broken his tail.
    They gave him some fluid under his skin in case he was dehydrated, the whole process took about 2 and a half hours, where at the other vet it would have been an all day thing. So I'm definitely happy with that result. lol

Sesh- I definitely feel your pain but I'm not tired of hearing about Whiskey! I'm glad the vet is getting him in sooner! Sending vibes your way

AATB-That's ridiculous about the other parents won't look at your parents. those judgeys. That's scary about the water, I don't think i could handle it as well as you seem to be. I'm definitely sending T&Ps your way
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:a0b824c5-7a8a-4e17-99d5-8f972eba4904">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : Totally not the romantic version of those times. And how tiny is the blonde girl compared to the barbarian king guy? Holy crap that guy is massive!
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

<div>"Is that the only word you know?"   "NO!"</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Crash, I'm glad they've got your sweet pup under control at least. :/ Hugs for the rest. I'm FBPMing you later today. Promise.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:b26deeab-97d4-4fb5-83b6-a9baf75e4731">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : "Is that the only word you know?"   "NO!" Crash, I'm glad they've got your sweet pup under control at least. :/ Hugs for the rest. I'm FBPMing you later today. Promise.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

Let's hope so. The more I learn about his past, the sadder I feel for him. How does a Pomeranian break his tail?!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:6f97d6e4-4e7e-4ecd-94a1-d31ac6fc03c2">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning all. It was a rough weekend. I don't really know that I want to go into too much more detail on TK yet. I'm just barely sorting my thoughts. But it didn't make it better that FI calls and says Copper has pooped all over the house for a 3rd day in a row, hasn't eaten this morning but vomited. So we took him immediately to a new vet, because I'm uncomfortable with the vet we had been going to anyway. Turns out one of his liver values the old vet was not test for was SUPER high, and he has prostateitis. Which is a fancy way of saying his prostate is enlarged, so he will be getting neutered if we can get that liver value down. He aslso has a collasped disk in his back, and at some point in his life time had broken his tail. They gave him some fluid under his skin in case he was dehydrated, the whole process took about 2 and a half hours, where at the other vet it would have been an all day thing. So I'm definitely happy with that result. lol Sesh- I definitely feel your pain but I'm not tired of hearing about Whiskey! I'm glad the vet is getting him in sooner! Sending vibes your way <strong>AATB-That's ridiculous about the other parents won't look at your parents. those judgeys. That's scary about the water, I don't think i could handle it as well as you seem to be. I'm definitely sending T&Ps your way</strong>
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

My mom mentioned it to my sister, and she actually smiled and said something to the effect of "ha, if they only knew what their own daughters were up to."  Thanks, for the T&P.

I am so sorry about all your stuff that's going on and I hope Copper is able to get better and the doctors can treat him the way he needs to be so he can be healed :( What a poor thing!  That makes me just so sad.
    panther
  • Crash- Sorry to hear about your dog. :( Poor little guy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:0b5f4a2a-ce91-4f0f-b13b-e80a218ac31d">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : My mom mentioned it to my sister, and she actually smiled and said something to the effect of "ha, if they only knew what their own daughters were up to."  Thanks, for the T&P. I am so sorry about all your stuff that's going on and<strong> I hope Copper is able to get better and the doctors can treat him the way he needs to be so he can be healed</strong> :( What a poor thing!  That makes me just so sad.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm hoping the new vet will make all the difference. *crosses fingers*
  • T&Ps to everybody.

I feel bad, I skipped my 2 classes this morning. FI's entire work is sick and he brought it home to me. I'm just so incredibly congested that I can barely breathe, so even with Nyquil I barely slept. I really tried to wake up. I even physically got up and took the dog outside, but I just had to go back to sleep. Oh well. The dog was in heaven though. FI had gone to sleep before me, and when I went to bed I forgot to lock the dog up. I didn't see him because he was in the second bedroom sleeping with FI (he had to be up at 5 today and didn't want to wake me). Yup, puppy spent the entire night cuddled up in bed with me instead of in his kennel like he normally does. Now this morning he's being incredibly affectionate.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for medicine to help with nasal congestion? I've tried like 4 different cold/flu medicines and nothing has helped so far.
  • Morning all.

T & P going our to all of you today. It sounds like a rough start to the week for everyone.

AATB, glad to have you back! And I'm sorry to hear about everything your family is going through right now. Praying for you and for them.

I woke up with a massive headache due to dehydration. My body just doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me lately.

On the upside, I have a second interview on Wednesday, so I'm excited about that. Here's hoping I can impress the office manager as much as I did the owner. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:8963b98b-5f5b-4ff6-bb5c-8b634cd91039">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]T&Ps to everybody. I feel bad, I skipped my 2 classes this morning. FI's entire work is sick and he brought it home to me. I'm just so incredibly congested that I can barely breathe, so even with Nyquil I barely slept. I really tried to wake up. I even physically got up and took the dog outside, but I just had to go back to sleep. Oh well. The dog was in heaven though. FI had gone to sleep before me, and when I went to bed I forgot to lock the dog up. I didn't see him because he was in the second bedroom sleeping with FI (he had to be up at 5 today and didn't want to wake me). Yup, puppy spent the entire night cuddled up in bed with me instead of in his kennel like he normally does. Now this morning he's being incredibly affectionate. <strong>Does anyone have a good recommendation for medicine to help with nasal congestion? I've tried like 4 different cold/flu medicines and nothing has helped so far.</strong>
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

Sudafed.  The kind you have to go to the pharmacist and show your ID for.  Not the stuff that's out on the shelves. 

Hope you feel better soon!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:b01709ad-559f-42e4-8f2a-c3f09f1fdca3">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : Sudafed.  The kind you have to go to the pharmacist and show your ID for.  Not the stuff that's out on the shelves.  Hope you feel better soon!
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Thank you! FI went to buy medicine last night after the pharmacy was closed, so he just grabbed a few over the counter things. I had totally forgotten that all of the good over the counter meds are behind the pharmacy now. Oh, the irony.
  • SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011

Good Afternoon!

Sesh-Many thoughts and prayers to Whiskey.  I'll never tire of hearing about him as long as you need to let it out.  Post a thread, PM me...whatever.  I know how tough it is when your pet is sick.  Most people look at you like: "It's justa cat!" I judge those people hardcore.

Crash-Poor Cooper!!  At least he's in a loving home now.  You're a good mommy and he's lucky to have you.  That's what I tell myself when I get bummed out about what Jack must have gone through.

AATB-Welcome back!  Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.  It really sucks that your sister has to miss out on so much for one mistake, but if it stops her from drinking underage again and getting hurt, at least there is a silver lining. 

All you ladies-For those of you that I've seen pictures of, I see what your H sees.  I think you're all gorgeous.  I'm not one to blow smoke up your ass.  I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it.  I would flat out call someone ugly, but I wouldn't say they're gorgeous if I didn't really think so.  Keep your heads up.  We all go through the phases.  We are our biggest critics.  Our H's/FI's see us for who we really are. 

Anna-I don't believe I've ever seen a picture of you, but I  refuse to believe someone with a heart like yours is anything but stunning.   

Me?  I'm freaking out a little bit.  I had a minor melt down last week.  I flipped out on FI (I believe I posted the story), but we had a LONG talk and things are better.  Unfortunately, that was the catalyst for a total body shut down.  I had t leave work early on day and called out the next so I could sleep all day.  Silver lining: I'm taking better care of myself now.  I'm getting shiit done and I've got my eye on the prize...and by "prize" I mean the honeymoon.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • OOTB, if you don't like Sudafed (the hardcore stuff that crystal meth is made out of always makes my heart beat like a jackrabbit) I've found that Mucinex does the trick, too. You gotta go to the pharmacist/dealer to get it, too though.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • So, CC has a new mod and It's not sarahP, it's some other random girl. What is with the picking of the mods lately?!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:4498a5c6-0709-40c9-8535-8974fdc0c362">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna-I don't believe I've ever seen a picture of you, but I  refuse to believe someone with a heart like yours is anything but stunning.  
    Posted by Sweded[/QUOTE]

You're a sweetheart.  I don't post personal pics often on TK.  They haven't always been received well. Some people are lame.  It's easier to ignore criticism is I don't ask for it.  I don't think I'm ugly, but I'm definitely not conventional pretty.

Glad eveything got talked out, feel better,  and HONEYMOON!
  • Morning all or afternoon now :) T&Ps to everyone that needs them, keep us updated on the puppy and kitty! I hate when our animals aren't feeling well. It's sunny here today! Finally got some paint up in the nursery. It's very pink, but I can't wait to share the finished project. I got the most adorable pink and black crib bedding. Gonna work on that today and take the dogs for a walk. They haven't got much exercise with the crappy weather and need to get some energy out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:f9638af1-1687-4a98-b723-04a7835c38e8">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : You're a sweetheart.  I don't post personal pics often on TK.  They haven't always been received well. Some people are lame.  It's easier to ignore criticism is I don't ask for it.  I don't think I'm ugly, but I'm definitely not <strong>conventional pretty</strong>. Glad eveything got talked out, feel better,  and HONEYMOON!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Well who the hell wants to be conventional? ;)

Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:4498a5c6-0709-40c9-8535-8974fdc0c362">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm freaking out a little bit.  I had a minor melt down last week.  I flipped out on FI (I believe I posted the story), but we had a LONG talk and things are better.  Unfortunately, that was the catalyst for a total body shut down.  I had t leave work early on day and called out the next so I could sleep all day.  Silver lining: I'm taking better care of myself now.  I'm getting shiit done and I've got my eye on the prize...and by "prize" I mean the honeymoon.
    Posted by Sweded[/QUOTE]

I was wondering how your situation with your FI turned out. Glad to hear it's shaping up for the better, I was worried. Did you ever check out that Dane Cook standup on "The Nothing Fight". If not, it would be even more hilarious now that the fight has been resolved somewhat.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:9086d1e6-9d41-41bd-8b18-f5496a4fd8d2">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : Well who the hell wants to be conventional? ;) Thanks!
    Posted by Sweded[/QUOTE]

confession: I kinda do
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:e26685f3-cba3-45cd-bcdf-3633447ec576">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : I was wondering how your situation with your FI turned out. Glad to hear it's shaping up for the better, I was worried. Did you ever check out that Dane Cook standup on "The Nothing Fight". If not, it would be even more hilarious now that the fight has been resolved somewhat.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

I completely forgot to look that up!  I can't get Youtube at work, so I'll have to try to remember tonight.

He actually opened up to me more than he ever has.  A lot of his little weird habits make so much more sense now that I have an idea of what's going on in his head.  I'm feeling better than ever about us and our future...not that I ever doubted it. 

Oh, and he felt terrible about lying to me.  He was just stressed out and he knew I was stressed.  He said he just wanted me to be happy, so he told me what I wanted to hear.  There's NO excuse for lying, but I get it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards