Snarky Brides

Soooo....My mom is crazy and my step-mom is protective

I'm starting to have a lot of anxiety about the behavior of my mother and step-mother behaving accordingly at all wedding related events.  We aren't getting married until December but a bridal shower is being hosted for me on August 14th, which is probably why this is really starting to hit me.  I live in Alaska and all of my family is in NY.  My step-mom has coordinated everything for the shower to help ease the burden on my MOH that lives in California, sister in Colorado and other scattered bridal party members.  While she is not the host, she has done the leg work and it is greatly appreciated by everyone. 

So, the problem is.....my mom lives 5 hours from my parents and will be driving up for the shower and to visit.  It was a horrible divorce and the only positive things to come out of it besides my us kids, is the fact that I will never be like them as a parent.  To put it lightly, they hate each other.  My mom has serious mental health issues - she has a borderline personality (for you MH people - cluster B axis II disorders).  It's a nightmare when they are near each other. 

My mom is the passive aggressive victim and my step-mom is the strong personality that will step in to stand up for me to make sure my feelings are not hurt.  I'm already being guilt tripped about going bridal dress shopping without my mom and how she isn't included but she has never been a consistent person in my life. She's honestly only still a slight part of my life because I feel sorry for her as a person and don't want to be someone who hurts her feelings. 

I guess I don't really have a question, I'm just totally stressed out and wish there was a magical way to make it go smoothly.  I hope I'm just getting stressed for no reason and somehow it goes beautifully and conflict free.
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers BFP #1 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12 ~ BFP #2 4/5/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards