Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Poll: Ceremony Music

What kind of music did you/will you have at your ceremony?Mine is at a country club and I was just going to hire a string trio and be done with it, but now that I've looked into it I may be interested in a Pianist or Harpist.   Has anyone seen a wedding ceremony that uses a piano or harp?  How was it?    Do you prefer a string ensemble?

Re: Poll: Ceremony Music

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After hearing the harpist and violinst at our church recently, I really wish that I had done a harpist.Since we were in a church, we had an organist and a soloist too.  I used a string quartet for most of the wedding music though and it was gorgeous.  My guests said that the music was beautiful.  I obviously didn't hear all of it but what I got to hear was beautiful as well.  I think a harp would have worked very well on the "Ave Maria" we did. 
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a string due only because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cello and that was a "must have" for me for the ceremony music. It was only 80 bucks more to have a violinist there so I splurged for that.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using a string trio.  I considered a harpist as well though and think that would be beautiful also.
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother and SIL used ONLY a harpist...she played the prelude music and the entrance music for the bridal party and bride.  It was amazing.  Seriously.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mandy -- do you know who it was?   I was thinking a solo harpist would sound awesome in my head, but I've never heard one so I wasn't sure.  
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll find out.  It was the wife of their officiant. What's your email? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome thanks!   It's Tiffany618@aol.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ will be doing our ceremony as well.I have been to a wedding before when a piano was used and it was fine.  Honestly it's not something I really remember as a guest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using a string trio only.  We are not having any piped in music nor a soloist.  I wanted a very elegant ceremony and I've been to too many weddings where the singing was horrible and  made me feel uncomfortable as a guest.  I am using Aria strings.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to sing with a professional choir, and I plan on asking them to sing. It has always always been my dream to have a choir at my wedding. I plan on saying "I have $x to spend. How many singers can you give me?" and that will be that.
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a harpist.  I'm not sure if I would reccomend her or not.  She plays beautifully.  She is a very skillful harpist.  On the day of the wedding she didn't know what songs to play even though we traded emails about it the night before.  I'm pretty sure she was fishing for a tip right after the ceremony.  She came up to us, and asked us how the music was.  It was kinda weird.  I had intended to tip her, but after she showed up and sent the flower to get her song list, I decided not to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Buttercup, thank you for the info!  Could you email me her contact info?  I've been in contact with a few and I want to make sure she isn't one of them. Tiffany618 at aol.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards