Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts

What did you and your FI give (or plan to give) to your bridesmaids and groomesmen (and ushers) as gifts?  I have no idea what to do and how much I should spend.  TIA!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am giving my girls their wedding day hair, their wedding day necklace, bracelet, and earrings, a rhinestoned key chain in their first initial, and a Tommy Hillfiger spa wrap ( to use to get ready in). I am also providing lunch the day of the wedding and the day before after our manis/pedi's and the rehersal dinner For the grooms - Justin is taking them to the all you can eat seats at the Ranger's game tomorrow night as their gift. They all wanted to get togethef for sporting event and they eat a lot so it made a perfect gift. They are also making that part of the bachelor party (it's after the game). Including everything mentioned, it comes out to about $140 per attendant that we spent.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did something similar to Lindsay.  As their gift, I am taking my MOH and BM to brunch and a spa day the day before the wedding.  I also bought their jewelry and wraps for the wedding and am paying for lunch, hair and makeup.FI doesn't think his guys need gifts and I can't convince him otherwise.  We are paying for their tuxes though.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I offered to pay $25 dollars of their hair and makeup if they wanted to get it done by the lady that is doing mine. My MoH offered to do everyone else's makeup and her sister to do their hair. I paid for my MoH to get her makeup done.I am also making personalized flip flops that are fuzzy in their favorite colors. I will put some unique touches in their gift as well like my MoH LOVES red bull so I am going to put one or two in there and my other BM is an artist so I was going to get her something artsy or something Aladdin(even though I'm pretty sure she has everything Aladdin!) things like that...small things to just add to the flip flops. I am going to give it to them at the rehearsal dinner so we can all wear our flip flops at the rehearsal(if they want to)David has no clue what he is getting his GM. Good thing is he is the first of this circle to get married so nothing has been done before.
  • Options
    lyndie_bethlyndie_beth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying for my MoH and one of my sister's make-up or hair, whichever they choose. I'll get everyone some earrings to wear for the wedding...thinking pearls. We are getting the groomsmen a big bottle of their favorite liquor.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought the groomsman his outfit (shoes, socks, suit, shirt and tie) and a Coach wallet.  The MOH is getting some bangles she has been wanting for forever and we are paying for her hair/makeup and a mani/pedi for the wedding.That being said, we spent WAY more than we intended!!  Good thing we only had one each.
    Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got the BM's their dresses.  But I still wanted to be able to hand them something at the rehearsal dinner so I got them Kate Spade makeup bags and plan to fill them with beauty goodies.  I'll probably end up paying for a portion of their hair/makeup, but it's optional whether they want that done.The groomsmen can wear any black suit of their choice, so we're supplying the ties and the cool argyle socks.  But again, we wanted to hand out something at the rehearsal dinner, so we're trying to decide what that will be.  I like the idea of maybe a bottle of Tito's vodka and a pair of aviator sunglasses.  The BM definitely lucked out as we're spending more on them, but it generally costs more to be a BM than a GM, so they can get over it :)  
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    LaurenDarlingLaurenDarling member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the BMs i got them a gift set from bath and body works in their favorite scent. I figured it was something they'll be able to use, and something I know they'll likeFor the GMs, FI got them capcatchers from[url] http://www.capcatchers.com[/url]They came out really great! FI liked them so much he even got one for us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards