Options

Weird things

Things that are weird to me today are:

Liza Minnelli
People who don't like Cher
Funny winter hats.

Now you.
my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: Weird things

• Options

The weirdest feeling in the world is sitting on a toilet seat after someone else has used it and the seat is all warm.

• Options
    I think people who don't like cake are weird. There I said it!
  • Options
    No one's commenting on how weird Liza Minnelli is.  Watch this and get back to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIbUT6u7Q
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e93a2c9d-e003-477b-adf0-affbaf3f3792Post:711eb0f9-e8f3-4cdd-b5c1-748f380eeb8c">Re: Weird things</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think people who don't like cake are weird. There I said it!
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]
    I have good reason, though.  I have a hard time swallowing it and end up gagging on it.  It's okay I still love you, even if you think I'm weird :)
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Liza IS weird, NS.

So is David Hasselhoff.
    panther
  • Options
    Weirdo! <3  :P

I guess that's a good reason though.

Oh yes night she is uber weird and so is Demi Moore (sp?)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e93a2c9d-e003-477b-adf0-affbaf3f3792Post:b7626980-f42b-465e-a7bb-16c7f203de91">Re: Weird things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any, that's not weird. It's gross.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

True fax.
  • Options
    Medley is a weird word. Just say it over and over. Medley, medley, medley.

I would also like to know how people from Iceland discovered that if you let a certain type of shark ferment, it becomes an edible thing. But if you don't let it ferment, it's bad for you.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e93a2c9d-e003-477b-adf0-affbaf3f3792Post:b6b7eddd-20d1-4dc1-a22e-ef8bfb5e6a37">Re: Weird things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Medley is a weird word. Just say it over and over. Medley, medley, medley. <strong>I would also like to know how people from Iceland discovered that if you let a certain type of shark ferment, it becomes an edible thing. But if you don't let it ferment, it's bad for you.  </strong>
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]
    Trial and Error.  I'd hate to be the error guys, though.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e93a2c9d-e003-477b-adf0-affbaf3f3792Post:b6b7eddd-20d1-4dc1-a22e-ef8bfb5e6a37">Re: Weird things</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would also like to know how people from Iceland discovered that if you let a certain type of shark ferment, it becomes an edible thing. But if you don't let it ferment, it's bad for you.  
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I wonder the same thing about that fish (maybe blowfish?) that's incredibly poisonous unless you cook it right.  Who spent the time to figure that out? 

"Oops, Fred died.  Let's try another way to make this edible!"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e93a2c9d-e003-477b-adf0-affbaf3f3792Post:798b134d-cfd6-4bb3-b9d5-b6c17b89e27f">Re: Weird things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird things : I don't know. I keep messing up at work (forgetting stuff), I'm mixing up words, or not knowing which word I'm looking for (To FI this AM: <strong>"What's the opposite of INclude?"</strong>). I just can't get it together lately.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

Clude, obviously.  : )
  • Options
    That would be terrible, B. And the person who tried it once it was fermented, not knowing whether you'll live or die. I love weird foods, but in a situation like that, I'd stick to eating what I know wouldn't kill me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e93a2c9d-e003-477b-adf0-affbaf3f3792Post:3b0b3ec7-b9a6-45fe-a8b7-6eb1c778eef4">Re: Weird things</a>:
    [QUOTE]The weirdest feeling in the world is sitting on a toilet seat after someone else has used it and the seat is all warm.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

I have a toilet story today!

I went in to use the bathroom at work today. I don't know what they used to clean the seat last night, but it was so slippery I almost slid right off the toilet. It wasn't wet, it was just slippery, like they cleaned it with floor wax. I am very happy that I didn't slip off and break a bone, because that would be the worst story ever.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

This word "Mungo", this guy says it means "A dumpster diver – one who extracts valuable things from trash". I didn't know there was a word for it.

Even weirder, someone wants to put it on a sign. "Mungo will be prosecuted"

I can only find this word with a meaning of "A material of short fiber and inferior quality obtained by deviling woolen rags or the remnants of woolen goods"

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just learned the word quincunx.  (kwin-cunks) It's a group of five 5 things with 4 things on the corners and one thing in the middle.  Quincunx.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e93a2c9d-e003-477b-adf0-affbaf3f3792Post:22ad9ff5-bcf4-4e34-8342-58afcf0f890e">Re: Weird things</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just learned the word quincunx.  (kwin-cunks) It's a group of five 5 things with 4 things on the corners and one thing in the middle.  Quincunx.
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

When would one ever need that word?

"I arranged our holdiay decorations in a quincunx"
  • Options
    Anysunrise - even weirder are the toilet seat warmers in Japan! 

Oh and....at the school I worked at, there was a toilet seat cover ON THE ACTUAL SEAT!!!!! Sooooo gross I don't think it was ever washed the whole winter season, you can imagine what ended up being stuck on there after a week or so...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    PS - guess I should have included the fact that the toilet seat cover was made out of like a terrycloth fabric...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e93a2c9d-e003-477b-adf0-affbaf3f3792Post:662dbcb3-eea9-43e4-b3e6-feba1813dda9">Re: Weird things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird things : When would one ever need that word? "I arranged our holdiay decorations in a quincunx"
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]
    It's pointlessness makes me love it.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e93a2c9d-e003-477b-adf0-affbaf3f3792Post:798b134d-cfd6-4bb3-b9d5-b6c17b89e27f">Re: Weird things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird things : I don't know. I keep messing up at work (forgetting stuff), I'm mixing up words, or not knowing which word I'm looking for (To FI this AM: "What's the opposite of INclude?"). I just can't get it together lately.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

First-let me start by saying stress causes this.So you need to relax, and take your mind off things for awhile maam!

Second- my boss was trying to teach me something on the computer yesterday, and he told me to hit the parenthesis button...I froze! My mind went blank, to the point he asked me what school I went to, I felt like a total dumbass. Good thing he likes me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e93a2c9d-e003-477b-adf0-affbaf3f3792Post:d348143e-1016-4371-8302-29dba2349650">Re: Weird things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird things : I have a toilet story today! I went in to use the bathroom at work today. I don't know what they used to clean the seat last night, but it was so slippery I almost slid right off the toilet. It wasn't wet, it was just slippery, like they cleaned it with floor wax. I am very happy that I didn't slip off and break a bone, because that would be the worst story ever.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

That would've been hilarious. Sorry. =P
  • Options
    Bubbalub

When I googled I got a lot of things but none of them told me about this one. Interesting. I convinced him to put "no dumpster diving" on the sign.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    YIO, smart. That way it's clear to everyone, not just the random dude who knows what "mungo" means. Heh.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards