Snarky Brides
Options

DOES NOBODY LIKE THE MORNING?

Yes, I was yelling...it's past 8 and no morning thread? WTH?

Good morning ladies...what's the news this mornin'?

Re: DOES NOBODY LIKE THE MORNING?

• Options
    Nothin' much new.  I powered through a workout last night and upped my weights nearly everywhere (mind you, the program called for less reps, so that's easy).  It felt good though.

I did get a great deal on some paint last night though, so I'm a happy camper.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so dizzy. I am on some new pain meds for my head and it's hard to look at the computer, which sucks because that's pretty much my job. Thankfully my boss gave me some other work to do that doesn't affect my production. I just needt o get used to it  so I can actualy type .

I went to the doc yesterday, turns out I have like 3 disc issues in my neck causing tension headaches and pain all the way down to my wrists. She referred me to a physical therapist, but everyone keeps telling me to go see a chirporactor to adjust the atlas bone or something. But that scares me, chirporactors are scary and I fear being paralyzed. I'm a wimp.

On the plus side, I don't have a tumor (she actually did a cancer/tumor test that required me stickign my tongue out, touching my nose, and pulling her fingers).
  • Options
    Raynes...how are you liking NROL? Better than the female version?  Did I ever mention that DH is doing the womens' series with me...I love him for not caring that the book was written for women. We will likely to NROL next or the abs one.

Sesh...I honestly think all my headaches are caused by the tension in my neck. And I too am way too wary of chiropractors. I know some people love them but I am still wary. My dad, who is dr., says they are fine for adjustments not done to the neck itself, but I still don't know if I would go.  I did find that regular massage therapy helped to reduce the tension in my neck. But we are covered for 12 a year...it would never had happened if I didn't get it covered.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Good morning.  I didn't sleep AT ALL last night.  My stomach was in all kinds of knots and kept hurting so I had to to just sit there, curled up in a ball all night.  Super freaking tired now.

Nothing much happening in my world today.  I really hope it's busy around here because I don't have much work to do.  Have a great day everyone!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Good Morning. I'm in a piss-poor mood. I've been not feeling very well (I'll save you the TMI stuff) since Tuesday night, so it's hard for me to concentrate at work and be a cheery customer service professional. And because of this stuff that's going on, I haven't been able to work out at all this week, so now I feel like a slob since I'm used to working out 3-4x per week. I just want to feel better, dammit.

And I would have started the GM thread, but alas, I cannot. My TK account is still all fuckered-up.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    numbers, I'm enjoying it.  I like that there are 3 sets of programs with 3 phases each.  The one I'm doing now (Fat Loss) is very similar to NROL4W.

And, FWIW, NROL4W is supposedly a harder program than the original.  And really, the whole point of NROL4W is that women should be lifting the same way as (smart) men, so the title shouldn't matter.

I've got NROL4A, but might go back to NROL4W after NROL.  Or maybe I'll move on to the Strength programs.  Not sure.
  • Options
    Number, a co-worker was telling me that they don't do the usual pressing and cracking for this adjustment. They have some machine with a prod that basically lightly pokes you in the neck to adjust the bone (they do an x ray first to ensure that's what you actually need). That doesn't sound quite as bad, but I'm still convinced I'm going to be paralyzed.
  • Options
    Sesh and numbers, here's a thread from a little while back that was on H&F.  It's an "Ask a Chiro" thread and has a lot of interesting info in it.  It certainly made me less wary of posisbly going to a chiro (and has tips on picking a good one).
  • Options
    Sesh, I am all about my chiro, but if I had a disk issue like that, I'd be going to PT first. And not all chiros are made the same. The more crunchy and less doctorish they are, the worse they are in my opinion. My chiro thought I had an issue with my back and some compressed disks and made me go for x-rays. She trusts doctors as well. However:
    A couple years ago one of my staff members was having horrible back pain and siad he was being treated by his chiro. She was adjusting him twice a week and had diagnosed him with sciatica. She prescribed that he take a bath in hot mustard powder FFS. None of this helped. Finally he went to a regular doctor and they sent him straight for an MRI. One more adjustment and he would have been paralyzed because he had herniated disks in his neck. He had to be out 6 weeks for surgery to fuse some of them and still has pain to this day that he has to get epidurals for. 
    My chiro NEVER would have put me in that position, but his did. Its all about who the chiro is and how granola they are. 

I'd get a consult from a chiro, but listen to your regular doctor about PT. It can definitely help.

And good morning al!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-like-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9ac5455-0b9a-414b-9d3c-80e5f8b2801bPost:59efc008-f981-44bf-a6f4-098ae21cb793">Re: DOES NOBODY LIKE THE MORNING?</a>:
    [QUOTE]numbers, I'm enjoying it.  I like that there are 3 sets of programs with 3 phases each.  The one I'm doing now (Fat Loss) is very similar to NROL4W. And, FWIW, NROL4W is supposedly a harder program than the original.  And really, the whole point of NROL4W is that women should be lifting the same way as (smart) men, so the title shouldn't matter. I've got NROL4A, but might go back to NROL4W after NROL.  Or maybe I'll move on to the Strength programs.  Not sure.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, DH just uses way more weight than me, he doesn't care if the book has a girl on the cover...a good program is a good program.  I like the idea of there only being 3 phases in each program...I am thinking NROL4W is going to take me FOREVER...I am still only in Phase 1! I should have started a year ago.</div>
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Raynes, if you don't mind me asking, when you do any of the NROL do you do the workouts at the gym or at home with hand weights or whatever you happen to have?  I'd really like to start doing them at the gym because while the workouts are going really well, I think I'd get a better workout with the equipment available to me at the gym. 

The only reason I don't is because when it comes to doing things like with an exercise ball, our gym doesn't have one so I'd have to stop my workout and drive home to finish.  Do you think that would interfere with it since I'm letting my body rest for longer than recommended?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-like-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9ac5455-0b9a-414b-9d3c-80e5f8b2801bPost:035ec865-0202-447a-a0c0-39e65087cb56">Re: DOES NOBODY LIKE THE MORNING?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raynes, if you don't mind me asking, when you do and of the NROL do you do the workouts at the gym or at home with hand weights or whatever you happen to have?  I'd really like to start doing them at the gym because while the workouts are going really well, I think I'd get a better workout with the equipment available to me at the gym.  The only reason I don't is because when it comes to doing things like with an exercise ball, our gym doesn't have one so I'd have to stop my workout and drive home to finish.  Do you think that would interfere with it since I'm letting my body rest for longer than recommended?
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Your gym doesn't have an exercise ball? That sucks! We do all our workouts at the gym...we don't have a squat rack at home, actually, we only have a set of adjustable weights (that go to like 20lbs each max) and a yoga mat...That isn't nearly enough for us to do it. 

</div>
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I hate the morning, always.  : )

And I super-duper hate the morning now that I've been hitting the gym and I get out of bed only to feel muscles I didn't know I had, screaming in agony.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-like-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9ac5455-0b9a-414b-9d3c-80e5f8b2801bPost:347aabdd-bc65-4842-b1d3-813987ff744c">Re: DOES NOBODY LIKE THE MORNING?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DOES NOBODY LIKE THE MORNING? : Your gym doesn't have an exercise ball? That sucks! We do all our workouts at the gym...we don't have a squat rack at home, actually, we only have a set of adjustable weights (that go to like 20lbs each max) and a yoga mat...That isn't nearly enough for us to do it. 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

I know!  My old gym did, but I switched to H's gym a few months ago because we got a better family plan (like our family plan is cheaper then mine alone at my old gym).  This one has a bosu ball but not an actual exercise ball.  And I'd feel like a weirdo bringing my own in there lol.   I thought about asking if they could purchase a few but I dunno if that would make me look like a tool.

EDIT: Actually I think I'll have H ask them.  He'll ask anything lol.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-like-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9ac5455-0b9a-414b-9d3c-80e5f8b2801bPost:035ec865-0202-447a-a0c0-39e65087cb56">Re: DOES NOBODY LIKE THE MORNING?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raynes, if you don't mind me asking, when you do any of the NROL do you do the workouts at the gym or at home with hand weights or whatever you happen to have?  I'd really like to start doing them at the gym because while the workouts are going really well, I think I'd get a better workout with the equipment available to me at the gym.  The only reason I don't is because when it comes to doing things like with an exercise ball, our gym doesn't have one so I'd have to stop my workout and drive home to finish.  Do you think that would interfere with it since I'm letting my body rest for longer than recommended?
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

I workout at home, but my home gym is kinda on crack.  If I didn't have a squat rack, I'd be in the gym.

Pausing and finishing up the abs/swiss ball stuff at home is, IMO fine.  I know some people (on the JP forum) that have broken the longer workouts up.

numbers, after Stage 1 it goes by MUCH faster.  Stage 1 is looooonnnnggggg.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-like-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9ac5455-0b9a-414b-9d3c-80e5f8b2801bPost:7ace0b9e-32b1-449e-9982-1c8c8391995a">Re: DOES NOBODY LIKE THE MORNING?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I thought about asking if they could purchase a few but I dunno if that would make me look like a tool. EDIT: Actually I think I'll have H ask them.  He'll ask anything lol.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Do it!  Rather, get the H to do it!!
  • Options
    Morning. H came home last night! Yay! I thought he wasn't supposed to be home until tonight, but I'm so glad he's back early. I hate being at home alone.

So since the weight lifting people are here, I have a question. What sorts of lifts should I focus on if I want to gain muscle/lose inches in my chest area. The bad news is my BM dress for my cousin's wedding is a wee bit too tight in my chest. The good news is that's the first place I always lose weight. But I need help as far as good lifts for my chest.
  • Options
    Morning sucks. Y'all are way too talkative for the morning... :)
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, I think I'm going to try to start doing the workouts at the gym.  I want to get the most out of the workout and I think that would probably be the best way.

And yes, Stage 1 takes freaking FOR-EV-ER.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-like-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9ac5455-0b9a-414b-9d3c-80e5f8b2801bPost:49ecfdce-067e-40e8-ab79-8f07160a0da3">Re: DOES NOBODY LIKE THE MORNING?</a>:
    [QUOTE] numbers, after Stage 1 it goes by MUCH faster.  Stage 1 is looooonnnnggggg.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>I think partially it seems long because I am not brand new to lifting...none of what I am doing is new to me and it just seems to be taking forever. Plus, when I suddenly had to do 15 reps instead of the 8 I used to do, I had to drop my weights a bit...soon I will be back where I was before though.  </div>
  • Options
    mara, for chest, pushups (sorta), bench press w/ the bar or dumbbells, incline bench, that sort of thing.  Here's a link to the chest exercises on ExRx.

But really, diet.  You can gain muscle with exercise, but it won't guarantee you lose inches (ie, fat).
  • Options
    Mara...I agree with Raynes...it is mostly diet. How long do you have before you have to wear the dress? If it isn't long, I would say focus on diet. If you have some time, diet and weights...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-like-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9ac5455-0b9a-414b-9d3c-80e5f8b2801bPost:18844112-69b1-4726-af5a-ddefd8c27b98">Re: DOES NOBODY LIKE THE MORNING?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. H came home last night! Yay! I thought he wasn't supposed to be home until tonight, but I'm so glad he's back early. I hate being at home alone. So since the weight lifting people are here, I have a question. What sorts of lifts should I focus on if I want to gain muscle/lose inches in my chest area. The bad news is my BM dress for my cousin's wedding is a wee bit too tight in my chest. The good news is that's the first place I always lose weight. But I need help as far as good lifts for my chest.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd  say pushups and flys, but my chest always gets bigger before it gets smaller so it all depends on how much time you have. </div><div>
    </div><div>It also helps if you chant while doing flys " We must, We must, We must increase our bust"</div>
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I hate doing 15 reps with the passion of a thousand burning suns.
  • Options
    I have until June 18. The dress fits, it's just a litte uncomfortable. I joined MyFitnessPal.com this week, I think I'm going to start WW next week or the week after, and I have been keeping way better track of what I'm eating (and holy crap I was consuming a buttload of calories at breakfast). I've also stopped drinking alcohol and have been doing some sort of physical activity almost everyday.
  • Options
    OMG, I love flyes and reverse flyes so much.

Also, I too hate 15 reps. It is torturously long. I would so prefer to do much heavier and much fewer. Plus then I can be gargantuan! (JUST JOKING, I don't take roids...)
  • Options
    Good morning. Or just morning.

I was up almost all night. I didn't get home and into bed until 3am. The whole process of waiting for someone to be released is ridiculous and takes way too long.

I have to leave in an hour for class and then an exam at 4...and work in between. I just hope I make it through without crashing out.

Sesh- My grandma is big on chiropractors too, and I'm freaked out by them too...I won't go. I also have tension headaches/migranes. What meds did they give you? But I agree with whoever said it up there (numbers or milkduds maybe?) I think you should try massage therapy for the tension, mine are usually because my shoulders are so tight they pull on my neck and make my head hurt.

That's all my cheer I have for this morning.
  • Options
    Wow the GM thread sounds like a  GIS thread! Quite making me feel like a slacker!

Shay- I love the stability ball, I agree see if you can purchase a few.

Well last night was night one of DH being gone. He should be in Talladega by late afternoon. And once again he didn't turn off his alarm, so it scared the crap out of me and the cat and I can never find the off button! I think he does it on purpose.

Sesh- I agree, I've always been leary of chiro's. And I'd start with PT first. I do know my step-daughter who suffers from scoliosis uses a combination of chiro and massage therapy. But that's all covered on her insurance.
  • Options
    Morning all. I made it to the gym this morning, and I got my new (to me) Scion XB last night. I'm uber excited about it. This is the nicest car I've ever owned.

On the weird side, my internet/keyboard/computer would only type in Russian characters this morning, which was weird. It did it on here and on Gmail. I don't know why or how, but it's fixed now. I would have been seriously bored all day if I couldn't even Knot while at work. I highly doubt anyone would have been happy if all of my posts showed up in Russian.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, sarah. I think I will try the PT first and go from there. Plus the place is much closer to my house. Raynes, I'll check out that thread next.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards