Snarky Brides
Options

*Betrothed* and other Kindle/Project Gutenberg users

I read in the Kindle post from yesterday that you use Project Gutenberg to get some of your free books.  I'm really not tech-savvy so I'm probably being ridiculously stupid here, but I tried downloading the Kindle file of a book from the Project Gutenberg website, and my computer won't recognize it or open it.  Do I have to open it in a certain format? 

Thanks, sorry to bug you.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: *Betrothed* and other Kindle/Project Gutenberg users

• Options
    No, you're not doing it wrong.  You won't be able to open the file open your computer.  Just download it and drag and drop it to the ebook folder (it may be called something other than ebook. but it should give you that gist).  It will open on your Kindle.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Thank you!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    No problem.  Let me know if there's anything else you need help with.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    ::makes note to self that Betrothed is Kindle tech savy::  Oh, I will be bugging you in the future! :-)
  • Options
    ohh! I was just looking up stuff about Gutenberg project for my Kindle this weekend.

Thanks, B!
  • Options
    Me too.  Thanks - I'll probably be bugging you for info.  First dumb question: I have the 2nd generation Kindle.  Does this matter?  Does it work the same with downloads as the newer models?  I'd like to get some of the Gutenberg content.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_betrothed-other-kindleproject-gutenberg-users?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb612add-7f12-4909-9951-9aa00aaa7814Post:31152248-acb7-4a85-bdb4-1bf9871d129c">Re: *Betrothed* and other Kindle/Project Gutenberg users</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me too.  Thanks - I'll probably be bugging you for info.  First dumb question: I have the 2nd generation Kindle.  Does this matter?  Does it work the same with downloads as the newer models?  I'd like to get some of the Gutenberg content.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]
    Nope, that's what I have as well.  It should still work.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Do Kindles not come with instruction manuals? 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_betrothed-other-kindleproject-gutenberg-users?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb612add-7f12-4909-9951-9aa00aaa7814Post:9d7ab1c9-195f-4f0e-8ea7-c8493aa860cb">Re: *Betrothed* and other Kindle/Project Gutenberg users</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do Kindles not come with instruction manuals? 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Is this a question for me too? ;-)  Yes, they come preloaded onto the Kindle.  How do you think I found all these answers?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Oh, that's rather fancy, actually.  So it's loaded onto the Kindle already, just like any other Kindle book you can download? 

• Options
    Does Kindle come with something that will wash your car?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_betrothed-other-kindleproject-gutenberg-users?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb612add-7f12-4909-9951-9aa00aaa7814Post:772acafe-dc4f-42d5-8a5d-501f8707c1e6">Re: *Betrothed* and other Kindle/Project Gutenberg users</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does Kindle come with something that will wash your car?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

If it does, I'm totally going to buy one.  I don't want one to read with, I just want it to wash my car.

• Options
    I know, right? Reading is for rich people.
  • Options
    I didn't buy the car washing attachment, so I don't know, Cew :)

J- It's really cool.  The Kindle arrives with the manual on it and it was definitely the first book I read on it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Reading the instruction manual is for rich people too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_betrothed-other-kindleproject-gutenberg-users?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb612add-7f12-4909-9951-9aa00aaa7814Post:55380796-db30-4e26-a8c3-d139344c5f3f">Re: *Betrothed* and other Kindle/Project Gutenberg users</a>:
    [QUOTE]Reading the instruction manual is for rich people too.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    Well you know, being as I'm loaded, it just made sense for me to read it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Gah. Way to brag about it, B.
  • Options
    Sorry, Cew.  I try to keep my riches on the DL.  At least I don't pimp out pics of my 35 carat e-ring on here :)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards