Snarky Brides
Options

Buffalo girls...

I have a coworker who is wondering what is open, if anything, on Good Friday. Here everything is closed but she is wondering if the outlet malls would be open...

anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Re: Buffalo girls...

• Options
    The malls here are open; I don't get to take off work but I'm going to leave early for happy hour which is unusual for me.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Pharmacies legally have to be open every single day of the year.  EVERY SINGLE DAY.  That was always fun for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cardmonsta...I have no idea about pharmacies...hmm...I have never really considered it. We have convenience stores that open. And movie theatres too. I don't know about video stores (plus who rents videos anymore?)...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_buffalo-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec3e4ccf-ddef-4320-b7c2-97f049877885Post:a847486f-901b-497c-9961-1850de55bf53">Re: Buffalo girls...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pharmacies legally have to be open every single day of the year.  EVERY SINGLE DAY.  That was always fun for me.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

We only have 2 Walgreens that always have an open pharmacy.  the others all close on big holidays.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_buffalo-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec3e4ccf-ddef-4320-b7c2-97f049877885Post:cb15cc6e-7952-47e4-90ff-5c010a99e5b8">Re: Buffalo girls...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buffalo girls... : We only have 2 Walgreens that always have an open pharmacy.  the others all close on big holidays.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>That's bizarre.  Maybe it's only a law in my state.  Our pharmacy had to be open on every single day.  We only did three hours on the big holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) but we still had to be open.  The law states that because we're a medication dispensary, we must be open.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd imagine that it should be that way in every state, though.  Think of people who run out of insulin or cardiac medications and don't realize it with the business of the holiday.</div>
  • Options
    We have very few stand-alone pharmacies here; most are in a supermarket, part of a chain like Walgreens, CVS, etc., and only a select few of those on the busier streets tend to have 24-hour service.  I don't like going at night because it's only the people who are really sick picking up stuff that time of night lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options

My pharmacy which is apart of a large chain of hospitals is always open. Most are 24hrs others are 7am-9pm. However you can go to any of their pharmacy and get you RX filled.

I am not in Buffalo but here almost everything is still open on Good Friday. I believe that religious owned businesses are close and some companies that are owned by people who celebrate Good Friday.

• Options
    I work at a mall and we are only closed on Easter Sunday. And I believe everything else is open also. Good Friday is usually not a huge holiday.
  • Options
    Sorry for the total threadjack, btw. I'm an asss.
  • Options
    I think pretty much everything is open around here.  We have a company holiday (!), but DH doesn't. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards