Snarky Brides
Options

Halp - Wedding Pictures as Christmas Presents

Yes, I realize I've been married for well over a year, but we didn't get a chance to give out wedding pictures as Christmas presents to our families last year because my photographer sucks major donkey nuts.

As H and I have had a few big purchases to make for the house over the last bit, we're opting to go the cheap newly wed route with Christmas gifts for our parents and grandparents, namely, a wedding picture and some baked goods.  (If I can get get through editing enough pictures, and doing an ok job of it, we will be making picture books for them, but there's just not time for that before Christmas).

As I said above, my photographer did a pretty crap ass job, at least in terms of getting a variety of shots.  In the nearly 1600 pictures I have on discs there are hardly any good shots of just H and I, so picking one to gift is tough.

I've narrowed it down to a few contenders, but I'm having a really hard time picking, so please help me.

http://raynesmarried.weebly.com/pictures.html

What say SB?

ETA: I should add the the pictures will still need to be colour corrected and cropped and all that junk, so don't let that sway your decision!
We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Halp - Wedding Pictures as Christmas Presents

• Options
    I love 3 and 7!
    panther
  • Options
    Yeesh, I see what you mean.

I'd go with either 2 or 5. And a baseball bat for your photographer's knees.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I like 3 and 7 as well.
  • Options
    3! Unless you've got people who will want the more classic pictures with your faces in them... then 6 because you both look so damn happy. :)
  • Options
    Aw, thanks rhonwynv.  I very much want to get more pictures done, because, well, I've got a much hotter bod now.... Ha.
  • Options
    I love wedding pictures too. 

Looks like 3 and 7 are in the lead.

Now, who wants to give me free things and help me edit them?  Tongue out
  • Options
    2, 3, and 7 are my favorites. If I had to pick just one, I'd go with 3.
  • Options
    Now, question.  Should we just give them all the same picutre?  Or change it up?  GAH!!

Also, jcbsjr, a) I'm glad you like my flowers, 'cause I hated them.  It was like a giant shield of roses and not at all what I wanted.  And 2) I love our first look pictures too.  It was so awesome.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_halp-wedding-pictures-christmas-presents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:efdba3a6-f9ac-443e-828f-f0a5bb667053Post:2d7bc2cb-58b6-42a4-93ed-c16e0ab4dc8e">Re: Halp - Wedding Pictures as Christmas Presents</a>:
    [QUOTE]2, 3, and 7 are my favorites. If I had to pick just one, I'd go with 3.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Same. Also, you are gorgeous, and I want more pictures.
  • Options
    i like #1, but i guess i'm in the minority.
  • Options
    Hmmmm...... maybe I'll go back to Michael's and pick up some more frames....
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_halp-wedding-pictures-christmas-presents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:efdba3a6-f9ac-443e-828f-f0a5bb667053Post:29d77501-880b-449a-96f0-7669ae345d8e">Re: Halp - Wedding Pictures as Christmas Presents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or, you could do a picture of you & DH, and then a picture of the two of you with the gift recipients.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

That would be ideal, but our photographer neglected to get several of the key combinations.  And yes, I gave him a list of shots I wanted.  He just figured he knew better I guess.  Jackhole.
  • Options
    Have you decided where to get them done? I just ordered some prints through Mpix. We might do our album through them. We also did photobooks for our parents through Shutterfly.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_halp-wedding-pictures-christmas-presents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:efdba3a6-f9ac-443e-828f-f0a5bb667053Post:ab6fda6a-142a-46c9-8b78-255a8ef93a0a">Re: Halp - Wedding Pictures as Christmas Presents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry I'm late but I love #3 and #5. And might I say you are a stunning bride. <strong>Nice rack!</strong>
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks!  You can have 'em if you want 'em.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards