Snarky Brides
Options

ARGH i hate today.

Its 5:42. I still need to commute home and write at least 6 pages of a paper. Seriously. this f*cking SUCKS.

anyone else hating this week at the moment?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my book shelf:
Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: ARGH i hate today.

• Options
    I have also been hating this week (or past week and a half).  I've had car troubles (some of you responded to my post, thanks for the perspective).  But additionally, the dog has pink eye (didn't know dogs could get that) and FI went to the ER last week to get stitches (not life threatening, but still very painful for him).

I am looking forward to a fabulous family day on Thursday and shopping on Friday!!
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    I already had my pity party earlier.  I'm glad the work day is over.  Boo to the paper, though, I know how much that sucks.
  • Options
    ahhh I do not miss the crunch for papers aorund T-day! You poor thing :(

I am NOT looking forward to my drive home to the Boston area tomorrow. What would normally be a three hour drive is going to take six hours for sure.

BUT, today was the beginning of the end at my old job. Only two.more.weeks. yay!!
    As B reminded me today, "I'm not going to do what you all think I am going to do and FREAK OUT!" I keep repeating this to myself over and over.
  • Options
    Also, I kind of want to take a nap snuggled up to Garcias1's dog. How cute is that guy?
  • Options
    Well... yeah, kinda.  I am still moving out of my apartment and we are paying to have Ben's car fixed, since it died on our way home yesterday.

But life throws curve balls once in a while. 

What's the paper about?  Torts and crap?  Law school... I dunno :)
    panther
  • Options
    No hate.  It's almost Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    LawSchool confession: When I worked at Yale Law School as a student I sat in on a couple of Akil Amar's conlaw classes. SO fucking awesome. ...and I didn't even know the half of what was going on! I wish I had the balls to do it more after I got a real job there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_argh-hate-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f1210f3c-ee73-4e85-be10-49ad5bc97406Post:ad2f5945-3835-4db5-b993-f32f61db1ca0">Re: ARGH i hate today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have also been hating this week (or past week and a half).  I've had car troubles (some of you responded to my post, thanks for the perspective).  <strong>But additionally, the dog has pink eye </strong>(didn't know dogs could get that) and FI went to the ER last week to get stitches (not life threatening, but still very painful for him).
    Posted by garcias1[/QUOTE]

Aww, poor puppy!
  • Options
    AATB, I'm having a hard time dealing with a signature that doesn't show your face.

I'm having a so-so day. It's been slow this week at work, but not relaxing slow - boring slow. That sucks about the paper, Star. I remember what that feels like to and I hated every minute of it.
  • Options
    LTZ, are you saying you'd rather stare at my face than my ass?
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_argh-hate-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f1210f3c-ee73-4e85-be10-49ad5bc97406Post:ece90794-35b9-4a3f-8149-48725f3aea3a">Re: ARGH i hate today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]LTZ, are you saying you'd rather stare at my face than my ass?
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

NO! no she's not. keep the pic!!!

ummm.erm.awkward turtle.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_argh-hate-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f1210f3c-ee73-4e85-be10-49ad5bc97406Post:edf52fd8-1532-4dd7-8731-30464c748138">Re: ARGH i hate today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ARGH i hate today. : NO! no she's not. keep the pic!!! ummm.erm.awkward turtle.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

And what are YOU saying?  You don't WANT to see my gorgeous face?

You both suck.

;)
    panther
  • Options
    Ass all the way, AATB.  Just look at my sig.
  • Options
    I have to write an 8 page research paper, make 5 power point presentations, write another 3 page paper, make a nutrition flyer, a nutrition handout and two nutrition quizzes, I have to fix my annotated bibliography that I got a D on (but the teacher is awesome and is letting us redo), I have to do a case study on COPD, and study for my first final= all on my TG break. Everything is due next week. Yeah this week is going to suck.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_argh-hate-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f1210f3c-ee73-4e85-be10-49ad5bc97406Post:a0184d5b-a4ed-4f50-9493-b11947414c31">Re: ARGH i hate today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ARGH i hate today. : And what are YOU saying?  You don't WANT to see my gorgeous face? You both suck. ;)

Do I really have to spell out my asslove for you??
  • Options
    Haha M&M :)

Nates - I just noticed your sig quote.  That's pretty damn epic.
    panther
  • Options
    I am pretty overwhelmed. It will get done but there will be a lot of crying and cursing.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_argh-hate-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f1210f3c-ee73-4e85-be10-49ad5bc97406Post:ece90794-35b9-4a3f-8149-48725f3aea3a">Re: ARGH i hate today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]LTZ, are you saying you'd rather stare at my face than my ass?

No, no not with <em>that</em> ass! Woo-hoo!

Nah, I just mean I was so used to your other sig pics that everytime I scroll past or see a new post from you it takes me a minute to remember that it's you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_argh-hate-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f1210f3c-ee73-4e85-be10-49ad5bc97406Post:90e210bf-974b-4291-a17f-70791eb48292">Re: ARGH i hate today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ARGH i hate today. : She's within a 9 month "orientation" period.  As part of her original contract, if she quits or is let go within that period, then they just part ways no problem.  If she quits after the orientation period, but before her 2 year agreement is up, she has to "reimburse them for their investment in her training".  Her orientation is over on Dec 1, her 2 years is up sometime summer 2012 (I don't remember when exactly).  So yes, it's legal, even though it's ridiculous. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

You know? I kind of don't blame them. As some one who has gone through the pain of training people (albiet most of them were pretty dumb, so probably not your friend) I can understand why this is a pretty hefty man power and resource investment on the part of the company.
  • Options
    The thing that sucks is that she's being pressured to quit because she's "not a good personality fit" with the floor she works on (she's an RN in a hospital).  It's just a personality clash, they keep saying she's a great nurse.  She's even got documentation in her file of them praising her nursing skills.  They're not willing to help her transfer transfer to another floor or another shift.  And they just told her YESTERDAY that there was a problem.  She's been there over 8 months thinking everything was fine.

So yeah, I kind of don't blame them either for wanting people to stay or reimburse the investment, but the circumstances suck. 
  • Options
    Oh wow. That sounds really really unfair of them, especially is they are documenting to the contrary!
  • Options
    M&M: this is a late response :(  She is part lab, part pitbull.  We adopted her from a group that rescues dogs from kill shelters in Atlanta.  Her name is Dakota, and she is 9 months old (we've had her since she was 12 weeks old).
    Puppy Love
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards