Snarky Brides
Options

The things kids say..

FI's little brother is in kindergarten. When FMIL picked him up today he was wearing a sticker police badge on his shirt. She asked him about it and he told her that the police man was there to talk about reading and give them stickers. Then he said "and he had a gun at school and didn't even get arrested!"

Re: The things kids say..

• Options
    haha to cute.  kids really do say the darndest things!

I wish I could remember 10% of the priceless coments made by my neice and nephews.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    Aww. Kindergarten is such a cute age! How fun for you to have a cute little FBIL!

One of my (5) flower girls is in kindergarten and she is just beyond cute. She is SO excited about our wedding and keeps talking about it. She calls it our "marriage" though not our wedding. We were looking at a picture from her Mom's wedding of her Mom and Grandma and I said "Look doesn't Grammy look pretty?" She said: "Yes but Mommy's the prettiest... and soon YOU get to be the prettiest." Because clearly, the bride is the prettiest. So freaking cute.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh he is adorable. I love that little guy!
    He is always asking when we're getting married. We keep telling him "When you're six" One day he asked if I was already married to AJ with a concerned look on his face. I said no. He asked if he would be at our wedding and I said yes. He looked so relieved! And every once in a while he'll tell FI that he wants to marry me, and not let FI have me lol
  • Options
    k...so one of my kids used a word he didn't know today...sphincter.

More or less, I *think* he was trying to use the Wayne's World line "Sphincter say's what?" except he didn't know the line so he couldn't deliver it properly. Anyways, he didn't actually know what the word meant. I called him on it (just said it wasn't appropriate for class) so he asked a friend what it meant...then blushed when he was told. It was just funny because after that he tried to figure out what the line was supposed to be and he couldn't figure out what it was...I kinda of chucked because they are so young and the movie is so old...
  • Options
    Aww cute :)

About 2 weeks after our wedding mil and sil were going through some old family photos and Z (3 at the time) was sitting on their lap. They got to a picture of H with his ex-gf and she goes "Momma, who is that person? She doesnt look like auntie."
    "Well, that was someone Uncle knew before Auntie."
    "Oh, I don't think I would like her. I'm glad he just knows Auntie now."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-kids-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f1284280-765b-4e2f-a86e-3a46641c8620Post:d7e506c8-f09f-482c-8473-5c7ceaf55fa0">Re: The things kids say..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww cute :) About 2 weeks after our wedding mil and sil were going through some old family photos and Z (3 at the time) was sitting on their lap. They got to a picture of H with his ex-gf and she goes "Momma, who is that person? She doesnt look like auntie." "Well, that was someone Uncle knew before Auntie." "Oh, I don't think I would like her. I'm glad he just knows Auntie now."
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Awww. That is sweet.

Haha Number! How funny. I want to teach middle school and I'm sure I'll come across similar situations!
  • Options
    I LOVE IT....
    Olivia over the weekend was being a social butterfly, went up to kids in the restaruant during brunch.... and
     Said Hi I am Olivia... I am 3 would you like to be friends... for the next 10 minutes....
    Other kids" why just 10 minutes"
    Liv: thats how much longer  we are going to be here.... LETS GO!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-kids-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f1284280-765b-4e2f-a86e-3a46641c8620Post:0d15b190-d779-450f-9cdc-57079493d255">Re: The things kids say..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE IT.... Olivia over the weekend was being a social butterfly, went up to kids in the restaruant during brunch.... and  Said Hi I am Olivia... I am 3 would you like to be friends... for the next 10 minutes.... Other kids" why just 10 minutes" Liv: thats how much longer  we are going to be here.... LETS GO!
    Posted by Kate C[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh I love her. So cute.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We had a big earthquake in February and are still getting some fairly big aftershocks. My nearly 3 year old nephew doesn't mind them, but always says "oh, sorry mum!" it's so cute because he looks so guilty, we have to keep telling him it's not his fault!
    He loves loves loves dinosaurs, so we try and pretend it's the dinosaurs being naughty upstairs, which he finds amazing!
  • Options
    Kids say the darnest things! That is precisely why I love being a nanny [: 
  • Options
    Ahaha, Lucy! How cute
  • Options
    Well, I teach high school, so the things they say aren't so funny as shocking at times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Ha! I WISH I could participate in this, but what with all these silly Hippa laws, I can't. Damn.
  • Options
    The other day I was hanging out with DH's family, and I was standing next to his uncle's wife. Apparently we looked very similar that day, because her little boy comes up to us and asks, "Which one of you is my mommy?".

And yesterday DH's nephews were playing on the swings with me and their mom, and after taking a brief break, the older one says "Auntie J looks lonely" and comes to cuddle with me. Ten seconds later the younger one says the same thing about his mom and goes to cuddle with her. They're SO cute!
  • Options
    I love kids. I told T's sister I wanted to take Harper (her daughter) shopping and when she asked Harper she said "With just not you mommy" when A asked her to clarify she said "Just with Jojo, not you". I love her.
  • Options
    My 5 yr old niece is absolutely adorable.  My sister used to live in town but now lives a plane ride away so I don't get to see them.  Well my sister came down to visit a few weeks ago.  S asked her mom where she was going to be staying.  My sister told her she would be staying at my house.  S; " I am so jealous" said like a teenager. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards