Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

solderring ering and wedding ring?

When do you get your rings soldered together? after hm? or how far before the wedding? TIA!

Re: solderring ering and wedding ring?

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get mine done but I would wait until after the wedding at the very least.  I wanted my wedding band to be a surprise.  Plus, I am around people who would have noticed that I was wearing my wedding band and then there would have been questions.  "Are y'all already married?"  "Why are we coming to the wedding on Saturday if you're already married?"  And the list goes on. 
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine soldered 2 or 3 days before the wedding. I just didn't wear it. No one thought it was weird. I love that they're together. They don't twist around funny, and my jeweler said it's actually better for the rings. You don't want them rubbing against each other for 50 years.
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got them done after the honeymoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since we knew we'd be swimming a lot, I left my rings with my mom the day we left for the HM and they were ready a few days after we got back.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not getting mine done but I would probably get it done after the wedding since we aren't goin on a HM straight away. I wouldn't want to be on my HM without at least one of the rings hehe.My wedding band will be used for traveling. My ering looks like one of those snap on bands that go with your ering so I think it will work as a wedding ring as well. I will definitely leave it behind when we travel just because it's blingy and I don't want to draw attention to it when we are tourists elsewhere. Or leave it in a hotel safe.I might change my mind later but that's where I'm at for now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have the anniversary band on one side that is already soldered to the ering.  It's on the top.  The wedding band will be worn on the bottom (closer to my heart) but won't be soldered.  This was at FI's request so that when I play sports and we travel, we can leave the big bling at home and I'll just wear the band.
  • Options
    MBain09MBain09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At first I was absolutely going to get my band "notched" to fit my e-ring and solder them together after we get back from the HM. Now, I am starting to consider not soldering them at all so that I can just wear the band if I want to. I haven't decided yet, but anything will be done after we get back from our Honeymoon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely not soldering. i LIKE options! Even though I;ve heard its better for the rings, so what if they wear down in places in between if I mostly wear them together? versatility for me! although I think I will usually wear both. In San Fran I just turned the diamonds inside when we walked on the street.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards