Snarky Brides

Do you think these photos are too dark?

I booked this photographer, but in looking at some of these photos again they seem a little dark. Maybe it's just me. What do you think? Are they too dark? Is it time to look for another photographer?

Re: Do you think these photos are too dark?

• I think that someone - either the photographer or the clients in the portfolio - liked the "faded black frames" effect that's in a lot of the pictures...  My understanding is that such effects are added to the pictures if desired.  

Aside from the effects, I think the pictures are fine.  Why don't you just tell the photographer that you'd prefer a more classic finish (i.e. not the black frames) and see what he/she says?
  • I agree. I'm not a professional when it comes to photography, but it's a hobby of mine-and I do believe there was some sort of photo editing done to the pictures to make them as dark as they appear. Just be sure to discuss with him your concerns and the exact look you would like for your wedding day photos and I'm sure he'll comply :)
  • Yeah.  This photographer seems to be a big fan of making pictures vignettes.  That effect is added after, on photoshop, or whatever program the photog uses.  As long as EVERY picture like that, it isn't a big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards