October 2013 Weddings

Dress Shopping

I am visiting my sister in Florida next week and we are going wedding dress shopping while I am there.  I am planning on purchasing my dress if I find the one but I was wondering if anyone knows how much they usually require you to put down to order it.  I am planning on going to Alfred Angelo because I fell in love with one of their dresses.  I just don't want to be in shock if they tell me I need to put down a large deposit to order it.
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Dress Shopping

• I want to say the norm is 30% but I think it depends on what store/salon you are buying your dress. I don't think it would be more than 50% max. Some salons will offer a discount if you purchase in full in cash. However, I was advised by multiple people to always pay with a CC so you have records and can dispute the claim if something happens (like the salon goes out of business before your dress comes in). HTH! Good luck shopping for your dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I purchased my dress today and they required a 75% deposit. Just be prepared to try to bargain and get them to work with you!
  • Thank you for the advice!  At least now I know what I am in for when I do find the dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Mine required a 50% deposit and then it just has to be paid in full before it leaves the store (day before our wedding).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards