October 2013 Weddings

Whhhy is this such a challenge??

Okay. So we picked our colors a while ago. I'm set on them. Apparently we had to pick one of the, it seems like, more "unpopular" wedding colors. Teal. And not peacock teal. No peacocks at our wedding. I know they're becoming trendy and everything, but I don't want them at my wedding. Their feathers are pretty and all, but not for us.

So I'm having this whole "omg what did I do to myself" moment because I'm struggling to find teal things. Like shoes. And decorations. I'm very much a DIY bride (I absolutely LOVE crafting!!!) so it's not a big deal to me to make things. I'm planning on making a lot of stuff for the big day. I've got time. :) 

How are you ladies incorporating your "favorite" color of your wedding colors into your day? We're doing a dark grey, ivory and teal. My BMs will be in grey dresses, the guys will have teal vests. The flowers (I'm making all of them. Because I'm NUTS, hahaha) are ivory. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the boutonneires... 

Re: Whhhy is this such a challenge??

• My colors are light pink, dark violet, and peacock. I only added the peacock bc I needed an accent color. I wanted my BMs to be in light pink originally but my dress is champagne and that clashes. Their flowers will be white, light pink, and the dark violet, and yes I am adding peacock feathers.

You could add these, but find them in teal http://www.afloral.com/Silk-Wedding-Flowers/Crystal-Bead-Sprays/22-Pearl-Beads-Spray to your bouquets and centerpieces.

Have teal linens/tulle.

We are getting teal tulle and then putting white Xmas lights with it for the head table and around some banistering at the reception hall.

• Our colors are generally fall. My favorite color is brown and his favorite color is green, so we're just doing whatever the leaves would be doing at that time. Our groomswomen and bridesmaids will be wearing gold, brown, red, green... just their favorite leaf colors. We want them to choose dresses they'll wear again, so giving them color options just seems the nicest thing to do :D.

• My colors are the white to gold (White, cream, ivory, champagne, and Gold), Earth Brown, & Medeteranian Blue/MidnightBlue (It's only one blue but it's hard to describe the shade of it.)

I'm not haveing a reall issue finding what I want just finding what I want in the quality range I'm looking for.

For example I would love a wooden natural cake stand but all I can find are unfinished tree stump slices :-/ I want it rustic just not THAT rustic lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • I know I just changed my color.  It still goes with fall but it def a little bit different.  Instead of Burgundy it is now eggplant but it still goes with my other color champagne.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • I'm running into the same issue with Watermelon as one of my colors. Its a pink thats a bit darker and not as bright as fuschia. I'm having a really hard time locating bridesmaids dresses in that color or something close. Everything is to bright and I don't care for any of the David's Bridal spring styles. I'm also left with little option because I want them in long dresses many cuter styles are shorter. But, we managed to get table linens very close to the color! I would get a color swatch, if possible, and take it everywhere with you when it comes to picking out things you will need.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards