October 2013 Weddings
Options

What are your "something" items?

I'm starting to think about what to do for my somethings- Old, New, Borrowed, Blue.

Old- going to go through my nana's stuff that my parents brought back after she moved into a nursing home.  With her being 10+ hours away in deteriorating condition, there's no way she'll be in physical presence at my wedding, so it's important to me to have something of hers with me on the day (dang it, sending myself into a crying fit, which ps best thing I ever learned, to stop crying, clear your throat!)

New- My dress

Borrowed- Not sure, possibly my MOH's veil, or a piece of my mom's jewelry

Blue- Either embroidering our wedding date and initials into the hem of my dress or I saw a cute post on Pinterest where they sewed a heart made from her dad's blue shirt into the back of the dress.  My dad wears blue dress shirts all of the time, so that would be a cute way to incorporate him into it as well.

What is everyone else thinking at this point?

Re: What are your "something" items?

• Options
    I haven't put thought into it.

Old- I am wearing the pearls of got for standing up in my mom's wedding.

New- Obviously my dress

Borrowed- not sure

Blue- My MOH bought my garters and they have blue in them. She showed them to me, but will be giving them to me as a gift at my shower.

• Options
    I oddly enough semi stressed about the borrowed ha ha.  

Old: bracelet that was given to me when I graduated high school and my bouquet will be wrapped with a strip of my first communion dress.

New: everyone may laugh but I'm going to buy new panties ha ha, and of course the dress and shoes ha ha.

Borrowed: I am borrowing the decorative part of my grandma's veil, my mom is making my veil and will create and attachment for it.

Blue: my mom is sewing mine and my FI's names and our wedding date in the under side of my wedding dress in blue thread
  • Options
    I'm doing:
    Old and Blue: My great grandmother's rosary. The beads are blue, and I'm going to wrap it around my bouquet.

New: My dress

Borrowed: No idea! I was thinking of buying a pair of earrings to wear, giving them to my MOH, and then borrowing them from her haha. Hopefully I'll come up with something better than that though...

Also, libby I LOVE your something blue idea! That's adorable!!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't thought about it too much but I know my Old will be a memento from my baptism - it was a bonnet then and is meant to be a handkerchief now. My new is my dress. Maybe I will wear blue underwear or something, I dunno! No idea on the borrowed either.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    I have put enough thought into this only to know that "new" is well taken care of.

The rest of it I have NO idea.  FI got me a blue sapphire butterfly necklace for our first Christmas together, I may wear that for the blue.  Who knows about the rest.  

There's some really good ideas floating around here though, I like them.
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    Old, New, Blue: My wedding ring has my greatgrandmothers stone, I designed it into a new ring, and it has sapphires.
    Borrowed: Grandma's jewelry probably.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not quite sure. My ideas so far are:

Old: Some kind of jewelry - I have a nice pearl bracelet. It isn't that "old" though...

New: dress, shoes

Borrowed: possibly my sister's veil

Blue: garter
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Old: My older brother used to have the watch that you could play Super Mario Brothers on. So, I'm going to wrap that around the bottom of my boquet, and then probably wear it during the reception. He died when I was 5 years old, so it's super special to me, and as it is I take that with me everywhere I go. 

New: my dress, underthings, shoes...

Borrowed: I have no idea, but a whole mess of my friends, including half my bridal party, just got married so I'm sure we can finagle something...

Blue: Still deciding...I'll probably paint my nails blue, but I want something else, too. I've seen the same Pintrest thing with the dad's shirt, which was be adorable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Old: I am taking a piece of my grandmother's dress and either wrapping it around my bouquet or sewing it to one of the layers of my dress

New: my dress

borrowed; no idea!! Maybe a piece of jewelry

Blue: probably my garter or I will paint one of my toenails blue
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Old: No idea, I don't have anything from my family and we are not getting along so I don't feel comfortable asking for anything

New: no idea, I don't want it to be my dress

Borrowed: My FMIL's diamond earrings

Blue: I want to use blue ribbons in my bouquet but I am not sure since my colors are red, pink, and white.

• Options
    Lol, I'm going to have a TARDIS charm attached to my dress or garter: it takes care of all four!  
  • Options
    OMG the Tardis! I never thought of that. It will also be your something wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey

• Options
    Old: a pearl necklace -- my grandma gave my sister and myself two pearls each year until we turned 18, then completed the necklace. It was made by the same jeweler who designed and created my engagement ring, which was my grandma's wedding set.

New: Dress.

Borrowed: My mom's veil from my parents' wedding.

Blue: Shoes.

• Options
    Old: Something of my grandmothers. Wont know exactly what until my grandfather helps me go through her old wedding things.

Borrowed: Absolutely no idea.

New: My dress

Blue: I am having my new last name and wedding date sewn into my dress somehow, propable near the hem.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

weddingcountdown.com Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards