October 2013 Weddings

Checks so far - what else?

We have:
  • Date/church/pastor/reception venue booked
  • My dress and shoes are ordered, wearing my sister's veil
  • Bridesmaid's dresses are picked and approved, but not ordered
  • Photographer booked
  • Save the dates ordered, printed & arrived (with photos from an engagement shoot). Will be sending them with holiday cards
  • Florist booked
  • Videographer almost booked - have researched and have contract, just need to sign and send deposit
  • Photo Booth almost booked - need to choose between 4 companies that are all basically the same
  • Cocktail hour musician booked

What else have you done, what am I missing at this point?

In the near future, I have on my mind:
  • Reception music. Have started to research
  • Order bridesmaid dresses
  • Choose invites
  • Register for gifts
  • Choose wedding rings

What else needs to be done at the 1 year out mark? Thanks everyone!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Checks so far - what else?

• You have a lot done for the one year mark!

Next look into invites, cake/dessert if having it.

We started the music list too since our dj is actually my moms friend.

• I'm trying! I rather choose early. I think I'm just really organized!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Im not saying its bad! lol We have a lot done too. All we have left is cake/dessert, printing invites, tuxes, figuring out all music, and WP gifts and gifts for parents.

• Oh no, I understand! You have a lot done as well.

Cake is included in our reception package, so I'm not worried about that. Cake is also one of those things that isn't really important to me at all, ya know?  Just wanted to se eif there was anything else I should do early!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Have you looked into hair and makeup?  I booked the girl who did my makeup for my first round of engagement pictures .  I also asked my hair dresser this past week to do my wedding.  I feel relieved to have those things checked off.  Flowers and Bridesmaid dresses are my next thing.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • You have a ton done so far, that's awesome.  We are close in the amount except one of my bridesmaids is preggers and due in February so we are holding off on dress shopping til after she has the baby.

Just and FYI you may want to focus on the reception music.  We had to go with our 3rd pick DJ.  Granted they are really good, so only slightly 3rd on choice, but our top two were already booked.  Had a bit of a freakout moment if pick 3 had been booked, but within a week of us booking him he was already getting asked by other brides for our date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards