October 2013 Weddings

new girl :)

Hi ladies! Just wanted to introduce myself! FI and I are looking at venues for October 2013, but nothing official yet. We're high school sweethearts and did long distance (12 hours) in college and have been together for 7 years, engaged for 2. I'm 22 and he's 23, so we're in a lot of transition but it's great. 

What do you ladies have done? I'm curious! We've narrowed down venues to visit and I think I've got a lot of the details figured out (thru pinterest!) but nothing really set in stone yet. I'm thinking navy and champagne colors with hints of peacock feathers. What about you?? :)

Re: new girl :)

• Welcome.

I am doing peacock (color and feathers), light pink, and dark violet.

We have a lot done. Pretty much what is left is the DIY projects of bouquets, centerpieces, and small stuff, cake, and tuxes.

• Hi.

I'm doing a pink wedding (blush and raspberry).    So far we have the venue confirmed, plus the officiant.  My fiance is putting down deposits on the cake maker and the photographer probably this week.   I'm still looking for flowers, and I'm not shopping for a dress until April.

Fun stuff!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome and congrats! Im also getting married Oct 2013...what is your date?? So far we have our venue booked, with the package we chose it inlcudes our dj, invites and cake. I also have my photographer and videographer booked. I'll be booking my photobooth soon and also going to pick out a florist soon to. Its a very exciting time! My colors are purple, lavendar and grey!
  • Welcome :)

I'm doing watermelon/fuscia and black. We have our venue/reception site, photographer, DJ, cake, officiant, linen and decor rentals, our tuxes picked out (just not fitted), and my dress. We are meeting florists next week and I have began working on some of my DIY projects.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jane, have you looked at different dress designers? Depending on the designer and where you go makes a difference in how long it takes to come in. I ordered mine last October and it came in in April. So 6 months.

• We have ceremony, reception, officiant, DJ, tuxes, transportation booked. And I got my dress last weekend!

Looking for rings in the next few weeks. Also going to look at bakeries and florists soon. STDs are bein deisgned right now, and we have e-pics this weekend!

Good luck, and your colors sound very rich! Good luck :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2012
    Hi! I am also new.. kinda! I haven't posted much but have looked around :) 

We have a lot done! Our colors are gray and yellow. Church and venue are all set.  We also have our photographer, DJ and videographer booked.  Met with 2 florists and decided one one but haven't actually signed a contract.  Bought my dress (YAAY!!). We just took our e-pics today so as soon as we get those we will start STD's and invitations.  Now all we need is a good photobooth place and cake/dinner tastings and we will be good for a while! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello! We are also doing navy and champagne, but with pops of hot pink. So far we have the venue, officiant, my dress and under things, and have decided on what projects to DIY. Once we put a deposit on a photographer, we will do engagement pics and order our STDs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards