Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

stores for veil material

Hello ladies! I have decided that I absolutely cannot buy a $400 veil, that is just way too much money. I would like to make my own veil, but I am not sure where the best place to buy tulle or bridal-type material would be. Do you think Joann or a Hancock would have stuff? My dress is a champagne color, so I don't need a true white. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Re: stores for veil material

• edited December 2011
    Not to sound ghetto or anything... but I've thought about buying one that was already "started" and then kinda "bedazzle" it.  (I just like the word bedazzle...)We have a "crystal" theme for ours.I know you can find started veils at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, probably Jo-Anne and the internet.Good Luck!!
    I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few of the knotties on here have ordered veils from Veils by Leslie (an Ebay vendor).  Her stuff is usually $50 or less.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely try the craft stores, eBay (for sure), and even Becky Fowler!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't want to pay $100+ for my veil that I'd only wear at the ceremony, so my mom bought the tulle from JoAnn's. She got the tulle, crystals and pearls, and comb for the veil all for under $15. Even better, my veil is cathedral length, so it really was a great price for a little DIY. HTH!
  • TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Veils by Leslie on ebay and was very happy. It was $24.99 for a cathedral length plain ivory veil. No issues at all, it was clean and came pretty quickly.
  • edited December 2011
    I did a custom order with Veils by Leslie on ebay and paid $65 for a 180' cathedral veil.  Mine is also much wider than the standard veil but I can't remember the width.  It's perfect and I highly recommend her. 
  • edited December 2011
    I wasn't able to find veils by leslie on ebay. Does she have a different seller name?
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I googled veils by leslie and found her that way
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards