August 2012 Weddings

changing color palet

Hello Ladies,
Can someone please knock some sense into me!?!?... I keep changin my mind on colors. The place where our reception will be held is pretty neutral. So anything can go. However, my FI, bless his soul, has decided on a camo (more like hunting camo) vest for under his tux. Talk about trouble trying to match the colors.

I was origianaly thinking about a bright pink, brown and an olive color green. But now am leaning more toward a red, black and white pattern. What are some of your color palets? maybe I can change my mind again...LOL

Urgh, I never thaught planning my weeding that is still 15 months away would be so stressful and make up my mind.

Re: changing color palet

• Ours is all different shades of pink and purple. This allows everything to match and mismatch

You could do all different shades of green with ivory accents! That could look way cool.

Maybe like this?
    http://www.kellyoshiroevents.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/green-wedding.jpg
    Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
  • I'd stay more in the greens and browns if he's set on wearing his vest. You could go with rich chocolate browns. Maybe even play it up a bit. Have the girls in olive green dresses with brown sashes, have the guys wear olive green with their tuxes and then FI can change into the camo for the reception! 
    Once that is taken care of, you can even play around with maybe even shades of yellow for the floral centerpieces (if you're doing florals), which would tie the greens and the neutrals of the hall together wonderfully. 

Now, with that said, tell your FI he's lucky... my FI wouldn't dare playing with  the thought of camo at our wedding! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • Here's a better e-board for what I'm thinking. I think it could be really awesome.

Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
  • It's funny you say that, mine started out as teal, chartruse and cream. I have now swaped out the cream for black and white and have created the longest color scheme in history

teal, chartruse, black and white

Good luck and let us know what you decide! :)
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can completely understand how maddening it is with the whole color thing.  I started off with a simple red and white wedding.... then changed it to black and white because they are classy together.  Well then I changed it again to clover green and black... because green is mine and FI's favorite color.  But now I am considering changing the color scheme again to clover green and cream or ivory.  I am only considering this because I want my flowers to match and I don't like black flowers and it's a summer wedding and I think that the black is more for the fall and winter.  So it may get changed again.... thank goodness I have 15 months to go.  Best of luck with the colors.
    image 141 Are ready to party!
    weddingcountdown.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards