August 2012 Weddings

Please, T&P needed

Hi ladies,

I found out yesterday that my Dad possibly had a heart attack on Saturday (Mom didn't tell me because she didn't want me to stress).  Yesterday he went into the doctor (they were in Texas on Saturday) to get checked out and my Mom got called away from work because they were going to airlift my Dad to Fargo, North Dakota's hospital (better cardiac care thant he one he was at).  They didn't airlift him because my Dad didn't want to, they drove up today to Fargo (after refusing to let me come with) to have tests run and possibly have my Dad have heart surgery!!

I am scared because at the age of 17 I witnessed my Dad fighting for his life having a massive heart attack (his widow maker was 100% blocked, and 2 other arteries were 90% blocked), and I thought I was going to lose him then.. I can't imagine if something was to happen and my family would lose him now.. My Dad means everything to me, and I really don't want him to be suffering or in pain, but I also want him to be healthy and walk me down the aisle/dance with me at my wedding (if that sounds selfish I'm sorry, but I have always been a Daddy's Girl, and that is very important to me)...

Please pray for him that he doesn't need surgery.. I was going to write this yesterday but FI wouldn't let me near the computer!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Please, T&P needed

• Ok I don't know if my original post will actually show up, so I will rewrite it here..

Yesterday I found out my Dad possibly had a heart attack on Saturday (he was in Texas).  He went into the clinic yesterday, and my Mom got called from work because they wanted to airlift him to North Dakota (we are from Minnesota) because the hospital there has a better cardiac care unit.  My Dad refused to be airlifted because he wanted to sleep in his own bed, so my Mom and Dad drove to North Dakota today to get him tested and possibly have heart surgery.  I haven't heard anything.

I only found out because I noticed my Mom was on facebook earlier in the afternoon than she normally was (she didn't want to tell me, as she didn't want me stressing)..

I'm scared because at age 17 I witnessed my Dad fighting for his life having a massive heart attack (his widow maker was 100% blocked, and 2 other arteries were 90% blocked while other arteries/veins were also clogged, but not as much). 

I might sound selfish, but I am a Daddy's Girl and I can't imagine not having my Dad walk me down the aisle/dance with me on my wedding day!!  I am afraid of losing him, although at the same time I don't want him to suffer.. 

Dad means the world to my entire family (including my FI), and we all are asking for prayers!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just got a text from my Mom, he is in an angiogram right now, will find out in an hour or so if he needs surgery.. They have been doing nothing but waiting which is frustrating to me!!

Sorry if I'm seeming like an AW, I'm just scared...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aww I am so sorry! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers! I hope that you hear good news soon!
  • Got a call from my Mom, he had a stent surgically placed and is in recovery (may be transferring to his room as I write this).. They are staying tonight and possibly additional nights in the hospital depending on how he does and how the weather cooperates!

Mom said he was looking ok, in a bit of pain (very uncomfortable after the angiogram), but should recover quickly..

It could have been much worse, but he will be watched very closely over the next 3 months, as most complications of stent placements occur within the first 90 days!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You will be in my thoughts and prayers! I hope that all goes well.
  • Keeping you in my prayers!! Good luck and hope the next three months go by without any complications for you and your family!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sending thoughts and prayers your way, I hope everything goes well!
  • I am sending you and your family all my thoughts and prayers! I hope everything works out for the best. Stay positive!
    ~He is the best part of my day~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Thank you everybody!!

I talked to my Dad last night, his tests were negative for a heart attack, but he probably would have had one within a few weeks if he hadn't gone in to be checked out (so it could've been much worse).  Other than being in pain from the procedure, and sick to his stomach, he was in pretty good spirits.  He got released from the hospital a little bit ago, and they decided to drive home today.  I'm now hoping that the bad weather in MN doesn't affect their trip home (the road they are driving is a bad one during storms).. I'm staying positive though! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    Glad he's doing better and recovering well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!  They made it home safely :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so glad he's doing ok and they caught it before a full heart attack!

My grandma just had this happen about a month ago, also. They thought she had a heart attack and placed a stint, and she was out in a couple of days. She's doing great now!

I can only imagine how scared you were...if that happened to my dad, I would have a total break down!!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards