August 2012 Weddings

secured the venue!

I have one big official check.
Today we put down the deposit on our venue!
our offical date is 8-25-2012!!!
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: secured the venue!

• ooo yayyy!! congrats!! where are you having it?
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2010
    yay! im so excited.We are having it in RI near the beach.
    The cocktail hr will be outside by the fountain. and the reception inside (the two "tower" parts are connected-- and that is a large open room)
    Here is a photo of the venue:

• Umm WOW Im incredibly jealous!! lol that looks so amazing!!! Congrats!!!
  • thanks so much! Iot was a tough choice because the layout is kinda weird here...its a long skinny room

but it was the a. the most affordable
    and b. i went to college right down the rd. so it has some emotional draw!

Looking forward to seeing everyones venue picks as we get more people on this board!!
  • Hooray!  Cograts on picking a place, it looks really nice.  You just gave me a mini anxiety attack, though.  I just started searching online for venues for my Aug '12 wedding. . .how far out do I need to make a decision and reserve a place?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_secured-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:bda33a4c-6f2e-4674-a0bb-b23e90431fc9Post:8c58b5d9-e77f-4288-8b4e-d0765f9dd783">Re: secured the venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hooray!  Cograts on picking a place, it looks really nice.  You just gave me a mini anxiety attack, though.  I just started searching online for venues for my Aug '12 wedding. . .how far out do I need to make a decision and reserve a place?
    Posted by quack440[/QUOTE]

Dont worry!! I wouldn't have anxiety yet.

If you just started to search, then I would think booking by the Spring is a good timeline.

I needed to book a bit earlier because in the summer things can book out up to two or three years-- since I live in a high tourist location-- especailly water front venues. Plus I wanted to secure a Saturday night.

Also, booking before the year end meant I locked in at 2010 pricing, saving me around $1000 on the venue... Their prices are increasing for 2011 and then again in 2012. So it might be worth your while to book before the end of the year.--- but be sure to ask if there is a 2011 price increase coming up.

So I guess it depends on where you live, how high in demand your venue is, and the pricing.

I just booked, and the woman there told me she had book 3 weddings in July, 2 in August (that includes mine) and one in september.

They do about 2 a weekened from May-September-- so thats about 40 weddings-- so Considering she only have about 6/40 booked--im on the early side. However, I wanted a Saturday in August and didin't want to Risk it.
  • I just secured mine too!  I am super excited and even though it is early I wanted to ensure getting the date. 
    proving the choas theory one day at a time http://emtboyandhislove.weebly.com/ Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards