August 2012 Weddings

Vent & Questions (Long- sorry...)

Tonight my mum asked me what her plans are for tomorrow and I told her Chris & I are going to look at a potential wedding venue. Then she got pretty upset that I didn't ask her if she wanted to go. The thing is, I didn't know you were supposed to ask your mom to walk through with you- or I would have asked!  The venue is a clubhouse that Chris' mom works at and basically runs. She has keys and everything- we can go anytime. So I offer to put the tour on hold and we can all go when she gets off work/on a weekend/whatever day she wants basically. And now she's pretty much being a five year old and refusing to go. Saying things like, “no it's okay, you two can go alone” in a really snotty, stubborn way. She's very easily upset, and almost everything I say to her has to be thought out in advance and then thought out again to make sure I'm not going to offend her and set her off. I walk on eggshells with her all the time and I'm always worried about making her mad.

So I guess my question has two parts.

1- Is it normal to ask your mom to go see your venue? I didn't think it was. I didn't realize it and I apologized and tried to make it better once I realized that it was something she wanted to do, but now she doesn't want to do it at all. Did you girls invite your moms to the walk-through? Is it just me who missed this memo?

2- Could I go tomorrow (I'm SO excited!) and then invite her to come see it another time if it's what we decide to go with? Or should I skip on tomorrow and just reschedule and hope I can somehow make her lose the attitude and come along??

Sorry for the long-ness of this. I feel like we need to sit down and talk, but the last time we did that I just ended up crying the whole time while she basically yelled at me and refused to hear anything I was saying. My whole family is so defensive and critical of everything, so it's nearly impossible to communicate about anything.

Ahhhh! This is making me crazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards