Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Wedding cake toppers

Hi brides!

My future-sister-in-law is getting married in May next year, and I am supposed to make her wedding cake. Now I am thinking of funny cake toppers. I don't like the usual plastic figures, I would prefer something more personal, extraordinary, showing something that ties the couple together. She is a dentist, he is an engineer. They have no special hobbies, the main thing they have in common is their home region. Has anyone got an idea?

Thanks a lot!

Rocío

Re: Wedding cake toppers

• Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Etsy
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely search on Etsy, someone would probably custom make you one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do they have any hobbies they enjoy together?  TV shows, movies or music they like?  What is their home region?  Do they have any inside jokes or things meaningful to their relationship?  For example, FI and I knew we didn't want a traditional cake topper either.  We decided on Power Rangers.  My fiance's name is Tom (his family calls him Tommy), so we got the green ranger for him, and my best friend calls me Dactyl (because my hiccups apparently sound like a pteradactyl), so we used the pink ranger for me since the original one's Zord was  pteradactyl.  We're both really into stuff from our childhoods, so it works doubly well for us.  So it's entirely possible to have offbeat cake toppers that capture the couple.  You just have to figure out what's going to be meaningful to them.

Have you tried asking them?
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    rociomatinalrociomatinal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't want to ask because we want it to be a surprise. I love your Power Rangers idea! That got me to think of the computer games they are into. We will surely find figures from those fantasy games, that will be fun. Thanks a lot once again! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    try crafty eddy. You can email him a pic and he will cut a topper. He's fast and cheap as well
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards