Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Providing supplies for grocery store cupcakes?

Sorry if this has been asked before!

I'm most likely doing cupcakes from Sam's Club or Publix, just simple vanilla or something. If I wanted something specific on them, like picks or sprinkles, if I provide them to the bakery, do you think they'd be easy-going about my request? Not sure if anyone's done this before (with success). 

I know picks can be done after cupcakes are made, but it seems like sprinkles don't like to stay on unless you put them on right after you frost :)

Re: Providing supplies for grocery store cupcakes?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they'd have a problem with that. 
  • Options
    leogirl13leogirl13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my experiance most bakers/caterers will not allow outside food into thier shops as they can not guarantee that's it's safe. However you can put whatever you'd like on them after you get them.
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_providing-supplies-grocery-store-cupcakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:10fb4142-35b7-4a48-af5d-0000788a4637Post:6b6b9a14-8903-455a-8dad-9d9dcfd60856">Re: Providing supplies for grocery store cupcakes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In my experiance most bakers/caterers will not allow outside food into thier shops as they can not guarantee that's it's safe. However you can put whatever you'd like on them after you get them.
    Posted by leogirl13[/QUOTE]
    This is what i was going to say.

Most bakeries won't accept things into their kitchen from unknown and/or outside sources. I would just ask them and see what they say. But as pp said, you can't always add things to them later.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eh, I just feel like if you purchase the sprinkles or whatever you want to use from Publix (or wherever, but especially the store where you're getting the cupcakes) and the sprinkles are in a sealed container I can't imagine them getting that uptight about it. 

Just ask. 
  • Options
    Abby10101Abby10101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

OMG! I recently tried this fabulous new cranberry garnish! Stunning in champagne! Sweet & delicious! Impress your guests by serving something beautiful and elegant! Beautiful red color!

http://loungeattire.com/drink/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually work for Publix and if you're nice to them about it, just ask. I don't know the policy about outside food (I work in customer service), but the employees always try to be accomodating. (Especially since you're in FL which is Publix territory lol). But if you want picks or something non edible, I'm sure if you asked and brought them in, they wouldn't mind putting them on for you. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards