Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Golden Dragon Boat Cafe & Bakery in New York City

Do NOT order your wedding cake from here.

I went to this bakery for years and saw all of the beautiful cakes. I also knew they could create just about any cake.

I asked for a quote and wanted to order my wedding cake here 6 months prior to my wedding. I was told to come back 2 weeks prior to my wedding to order the cake, and it would cost $360 (three tier 25-30 pound cake to feed 100-150 people. I went back 2 months prior to my wedding just in case. I had to go back and forth a few times to find the right person to speak to and ask questions like how much is delivery, is a cake stand included, etc. Finally, was able to speak to the right person 3 weeks before my wedding. Was told they couldn't do nearly all of the things I wanted for my cake. It wasn't extravagant. At first, I said ok, and they asked me to go online to find the cake decorations and buy it. I said ok - I wanted my cake to be perfect.

When we discussed price again, every minute, the price went up another $2 per pound for no reason. I demanded they stick to the price they quoted months ago, or at least not increase the price $2 per pound every minute. They refused to the price from months ago, and even minutes ago!

I was very upset to say the least.

The person I was speaking to worked at the bakery only on weekends. She works as a bank teller during the week. She kept commenting how rich I am and price doesn't matter. I reminded her that I wasn't rich, and price did matter. At the end, she wouldn't budge on the price, which was now $3000. She also demanded I get her a job at my company. I demanded that she give me the original price and she responded that she wasn't the owner, she couldn't help me, but insisted that I still get her a job, and didn't understand why I was so upset that 3 weeks before my wedding, I had to scramble to find another bakery.

Order your wedding cake here at your own risk. If you do, only go in there looking poor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards