Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Vegetarians

we are having a lobster bake reception, but i have a cousin, his wife and 3 kids who are vegetarians.  am i suppose to have a separate meal for them?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vegetarians

• edited December 2011
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  How would you like to go to a wedding and not be able to eat anything?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, definitely.
  • edited December 2011
    Of course!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes.  I spoke with my caterer about a few of my vegetarian guests and he made sure there was a vegetarian option for them.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    What else are you serving? Like, if it's buffet and there will be a lot of other vegetarian options, that's cool. If it's plated, you need to have something they can eat.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • cole179cole179 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's neither buffet or plated really - it's an authentic lobster bake (lobster, clams, potatoes, corn-on-the-cob).  and we will have hors d'oeuvres too.

so if i  have a vegetarian option for them should some other option for the guest who may not like lobster or seafood?  i mean, everyone going will know it's a lobster bake so i would hope they would know what that meant in the way of what food is being served. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'd have options, this just isn't a vegetarian issue but an allergy issue.  Shellfish allergies are common.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definately agree with all PP. We only have one vegan and we're offering something to her and having vegan at our rehersal dinner. Its rude not too!
  • edited December 2011
    The nice thing about having a veg alternative is that is can work as the menu alternative for any of the following people.

Some Reasons Other Than Vegetarianism Why Someone Might Not Want to Partake in an Awesome Lobsterbake:
    1: they have shellfish allergies
    2. they keep kosher
    3. they're from the midwest, have never seen a whole lobster before, and have no idea how to eat one
    4. they just don't like seafood

I know, that last one seems ridiculous, but those people do actually exist, and if you like one of them enough to invite them to your wedding, it might be nice to give them something to eat that they won't totally hate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marisah83marisah83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely have a different option.  Lots of people do not eat lobster.  I think any function should have at least two options because not everyone is going to like the same food.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree - you should have an alternative.  I think it's rude not to feed your guests - especially since they are probably bringing you a gift and taking time out of their day. It's just gracious to make sure they're taking care of without them even having to ask. Trust me, they will be grateful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards