Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M Monday!

You know you have something! Lets hear it!

Re: B&M Monday!

• Options
    danielle0789danielle0789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd hate to admit it, but Stephen is right. We're paying too much a month for rent. We do need to move into something smaller. So Wednesday I'm going to Granbury and looking at apartments. A friend of ours told us they had one that was pretty close to the lake, and was only paying around $400 a month for 2 bedrooms. I just dread the fact that we're going to have to pack again, and change addresses..again.
  • Options
    pphqt10pphqt10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That is no fun danielle but I hope you find something, I know apple told you about moveforfree.com we used them to move to our loft in las colinas and it was awesome, they don't move ALL of your things but we really only had to move small things and clothes, depending on apartment size they do bedroom set, couches, TVs, certain number of boxes etc. and they did a great job for us, all we did was buy the guys pizza while they moved.Work is lame and I got no sleep last night, but that had to do with the fact that we have an addition to the family :) we got another papillon she is 10 weeks and white with black spots, now oreo has a sister named cookie! I will post pictures when I get home!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My coworker talks WAY too much.  And she keeps sticking her nose in places that aren't her business. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today is Steve's 25th birthday.  I would totally rather be spending today at home with him, enjoying his birthday.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful weekend at home. I had a great time with family and friends, and I loved being able to spend a couple of days with FI. I woke up this morning feeling so happy, then I logged into my bank account and, while I won't go into details, I am now super pissed at FI. It totally ruined my good mood.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great weekend too!  Even though my parents and brother couldn't come to breakfast, we had a great time making waffles and ebelskivers (filled pancakes) for my aunt and uncle and two cousins.  The mess is almost cleaned up too!  :-)  Bill and I had a great time passing out candy on Saturday night.  I was worried that his reputation for passing out cans of tuna and Kashi bars was going to doom our attempt to pass out candy.  However, we had lots of little kids coming to our house to see the fog machine and the thunder and lightning.  One kid even took one of the fake fingers we had in the candy cauldron instead of an extra piece of candy. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DH might lose his job for a completely BS reason. He was so depressed over the weekend that he barely slept and all he ate was a bowl of soup. This sucks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry Alyssa! My B&M is I started p90x a week ago and actually gained 2 lbs...but I lost 2% body fat so I'm not too upset.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is that I found out that two of my aunts have brest cancer. But I am hopeful because they both caught it early..
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends are so wishy washy. So annoying. Everyone but ONE person that said they were coming to my party did NOT come. How hard is it to pick up a phone and send a text hey can't make it or something like that? I still had a grand ole time anyways. But that was really annoying. And the sad part is I expected it. Whatever!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow tnickel and SCbride, I'm so sorry.  I'll be keeping you and your loved ones in my thoughts. I dropped our really, really heavy breakfast tray on my foot yesterday while trying to put it away.  My foot is super bruised, and it really killed me this morning when I was working out.  Not a good start to the week.  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I've hit that point in the semester when projects, papers, and tests are non-stop until school's out.
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My SIL and her boyfriend of 6 months were talking about getting married last night.  Also, SIL is going to be leasing out an eye exam place in a Wal-Mart in Highland Village and has no clue what she is doing.  Yes, she's an optometrist but when I (a business major) asked her what kind of profit margin the store had, she looked at me like I was crazy.  After talking with her some more, it became very apparent that she signed the lease and everything without even making sure the store was profitable in the first place!Fine, be stupid and have no clue how much money you are actually making.  Then you can pay for your awesome wedding with the money you don't have.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too, Allison. I am so ready for Christmas break.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My district always takes a week at Thanksgiving and, even though I'll be spending most of it with my ILs, I can't wait.
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI strained a muscle in his back this weekend :( so he is on leave from work...I feel so bad for him!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     SIL is going to be leasing out an eye exam place in a Wal-Mart in Highland VillageI frequent that Wal-Mart often when I'm home. It could be a really good move, or really bad move. On the bright side, it is a really "upscale" Wal Mart (really nice inside, sushi bar, amazing wine section)--I was actually surprised at how well it was doing since that area fought having the WalMart there for years!On the downside, these aren't necessarily the type of people who would go to WalMart for an eye appointment--a bit on the snooty side
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marissa, she told us that it was upscale but didn't go into any details, so I wasn't sure if that was the case or not.  The interesting thing is that she's only leasing the portion that does the eye exam, not the portion that makes the lenses or sells the frames.  In my opinion, that's where the money is.  Most of the snooty people will probably get their eyes examined at an individual practice, then take their prescriptions to Wal-Mart to get their glasses/contacts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today is my first day back from being down and out sick. I'm feeling pretty good, but apparently ppl in my office were completely thoughtless when I was gone. Whatever.I'm really bummed that the Packers lost yesterday too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The interesting thing is that she's only leasing the portion that does the eye exam, not the portion that makes the lenses or sells the framesYou're right--that probably is where the money is. I'm pretty sure they are always owned by Wal-Mart, though. Wal-mart might actually might not be that bad of a place to start out, though--she'll get plenty of traffic and could probably build up a good reputation and build a nicer practice somewhere else. At least she wont have all the start up cost of a full office in a strip mall at first. I see your point, though--definitely needs to put more thought into it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a wonderful weekend....too bad it had to end and I had to come to this job I hate today. My grandmother is in the hospital in Houston and they are not very optimistic so I am waiting to hear from my dad if we need to go down there or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lindsay - praying for your family! Hope she is healthy! So, although I'm really not that upset about this, my dad annoyed me yesterday. He called to tell me about the date he went on with an old friend from his childhood. He was very excited and seemed happy and I'm very happy for him. But just like any other kid, I don't want to hear about my Dad's dates. I think I might need to get used to his dating. So weird.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lindsay--don't you start your new job soon?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marissa - I was supposed to but they've put it on hold AGAIN!!! It's a consulting position and the company contracting for the consulting keeps pushing back the contract date. Now we are looking at January....so I'm going to start looking elsewhere just in case they push it out to never.
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks smileysara.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think our washer is broken. Boo. :(
  • Options
    pphqt10pphqt10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Emi I am with you on the dating thing, although it is not with my dad, my mimi passed away in January and my mom is talking about fixing my grandad up with a family friend that has never been married that is flying in for the wedding. I want him to be happy and meet other people but I really don't wanna hear about it!
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [quote]So, although I'm really not that upset about this, my dad annoyed me yesterday. He called to tell me about the date he went on with an old friend from his childhood. He was very excited and seemed happy and I'm very happy for him. But just like any other kid, I don't want to hear about my Dad's dates. I think I might need to get used to his dating. So weird.[/quote]This exactly! My dad's wife died earlier this year and while I'm happy that he is happy...it's weird...especially bc he is being such a player! Not on purpose he is just dating around/playing around and it is very weird to hear him talk about it lol. I did ask him what flavor of the month he was bringing to the wedding though just to tease him haha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dad has no flavors. The woman he took to lunch yesterday was an old friend of his from childhood. She also knew my mother very well, so she knows how much she meant to all of us. Lets keep in mind that my dad is 72, not really a player. He's a charmer, though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really wish my co-worker would come to work more than two to three days a week. In the past 3 weeks she has missed 5-6 days. I have to do her job and my job when she isn't here. Which makes me run behind because she has more shortages/problems than I do. Why? Because I show up to work...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards