Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Ideas about cake flavors and fillings combos!!!

I was wondering what are great cake flavor/filling combos. I am getting ready to have a cake tasting and I need ideas to tell my baker... Please Help!
Since the first time I met you, I knew I had met the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

Re: Ideas about cake flavors and fillings combos!!!

• She should have samples of cake and samples of filling for you to mix and match.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • We had cupcakes and small cake to cut: poppy seed with lemon frosting (for the cake), chocolate with lavender frosting (sounds strange but it was so good), almond with raspberry frosting, and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. 

I hope this helps

• We had dark choclate with raspberry ganache intersperse with champagne cake with strawberry jam.    In October we went to a wedding that had a spiced apple cake with a custard filling that was really good. 
  • Ask your baker to provide you with their flavors up front, and make a selection from that list before your tasting.

We had 4 different flavor options at our tasting, all yellow cake with different centers: Mocha mousse, lemon curd with raspberries (I love the taste of lemon & raspberries together), passion fruit mousse and chocolate mousse. EVERYONE in the family had a different favorite, but we went with my fiance's favorite, passion fruit mousse. We got so many compliments on it!

We went with yellow cake because it's a bit richer than white cake due to the egg yolks in it, and I wanted a more traditional flavor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards