Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

caterer

I love the caterer that I have found but he is rather pushy about us finding another reception venue so that he can have a larger area to set up his food display, The problem is that I love the venue and don't really  need a huge display for the food. Our wedding is simple and elegant, there is plenty of room he just keeps refering to having a larger dance floor and adding more people from our original 75. Isn't it his job to make it work in the space we provide and has anyone run into this problem? Yell

Re: caterer

• danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You just need to stick to your guns.  It's not his place at all to be telling you to get a bigger venue and invite more people.  He's just trying to get you to spend more money and order more food.  Stand your ground and tell him that you're happy with the venue and guest list you have and let's move forward from there. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not his place to tell you need to find a different venue.  If he didn't think he work with your reception space, why did he take the job?

Stick to your guns and do not change your locations just because your caterer told you to.
  • LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Put your foot down. It's not his place to decide where you have your receptionor the size of your guest list. It sounds like he isn't that great if he'd rather push a different venue on you and completely disregards your wishes. Honestly, I would find a different caterer asap. They are supposed to work with you and your venue. Contrary to how this guy operates from your description, he is working for you, not the other way around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards