Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: OL Tuesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear self, Isn't it always the way?  You wait to talk to your husband about a purchase and then the next day you go to make the purchase and the item is no longer available.  Fantastic. -me
  • Options
    pphqt10pphqt10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Dear Wal mart,I understand this account is huge and you will be spending a lot of money with us, but you cannot request things on such short notice and without an official contract. Please be more reasonable-a leeeetle chemical buyer in comparison to your huge empireDear Chris,I can't wait for my birthday weekend and everything you have planned, I love surprises and I LOVE YO ranch steakhouse!-the birthday girl!Dear wedding gods-Thank you for everything lining up, the weather looks to be perfect saturday (bridal pics) and my actual hairstylist had a wedding cancel (not the wedding just the hair) so she can do my hair now!!-an excited bride
  • Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Tuesday,Please fly by!Girl who is ready for 3 days off = )  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear work,When you say that you don't care when I come in and when I leave as long as I work a specific amount of hours and cover lunch - why do I get yelled at for just that?Also, why do I have to take on countless tasks that should be done by the person in charge of them?  Oh, because I'm a lowly intern - this hourly wage and 20-hours a week is really starting to frustrate me.  I wish I could find a real job.Sincerely,Lady who is trying not to lose it at work
  • Options
    danielle0789danielle0789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Tuesday- Please go by fast. kthanx Dear work- Why is it when a manager is in a bad mood, that its okay? but if somebody else is in a bad mood, then its NOT okay? I dont get it. -Your employee who gets treated unfairly Dear Stephen- When are we getting the Comedians of Chelsea Lately tickets? I want them NOW! lol. Please hurry and get them before they're sold out! -Your loving wife who is really impatient!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear scale,Thank you for finally noticing how much I've been going to the gym.  It's about time your display started changing!Woman who is glad to see a change in the tens digit
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear sores in my mouth,GO THE EFF AWAY! AAAAH!-sad hurting appleDear back,Please cooperate.-AppleDear Dad,I'm sorry our schedules aren't lining up but that's what you get for telling me 3 weeks ahead of time that you want to do a "kickass" dance with me at the wedding. If it doesn't work out...I'm sorry!  But there has been just too much stuff going on the past couple of weekends. Bad timing!-your daughter who loves you very much and is trying to please you!Dear DH in THREE days,I am SO glad you are enjoying working at Gamestop! That makes me really happy. It also makes me happy we will be able to start going out a little more often(compared to not at all haha!). I love you and we should really buy stock in Red Bull...-Your almost Wife!!! EEP!Dear Knotties,y'all rock!-Appletango!
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear HR Lady, I still don't have my hotel info OR interview schedule, and I leave in two days! I don't even know who's picking me up at the airport! And when I emailed you and asked about it, you said you would have it for me yesterday. Well we're almost halfway through today and still nothing! I am someone who likes to plan in advance, so you're making me very nervous! -Stressed out candidate Dear Word and Powerpoint, Please get together and create a baby that is my presentation. I'll even play some sexy music to get you in the mood. -Ready for this week to be over
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear New Opportunity, Please give me a chance. -Me Dear Project Group,Don't think I won't fail you.  I will.  Your not in the happy puppy playland of undergraduate studies anymore.-Frustrated Student
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Students, Please don't expect me to just look stuff up for you in the catalog. If you need help using it, or you've been searching and searching and can't find what you need, or if you just can't locate the call number on the shelf, I will be tickled pink to help you. But don't be so lazy as to think that I'll do all the work for you. Also, I don't know where to look for Rachmaninoff orchestral scores. I don't have the classification schedule memorized. That's why we have the catalog in the first place. -Your friendly neighborhood music librarian
  • Options
    pphqt10pphqt10 member
    edited December 2011
    Dear tiffany-  Your not in the happy puppy playland of undergraduate studies anymore.This is great! I really feel bad for anyone that has to work in groups, I loved majoring in a science because all we had was indepedent research, I would probably kill anyone I had to work in a group with!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amanda- Yeah I'm about at my breaking point. To top it off, they are full time grad students...they don't even have jobs.  They should have PLENTY of time to show up to meetings and do some work.  I've decided just to be passive aggressive and fail them on their group evaluations.  I'm looking forward to this very much... *evil laugh*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Work-Please get me through Tuesday so that I may have my glorious Wednesday off! And why are you ever so slow...painfully slow! What is a girl to do, but look online all day...there is only so much online you can look at! Oh and then how could I possibly get in trouble by work for being on the internet too much!? Give me something to do then!sincerely,restless and dying of boredom Dear Hopeless,I couldn't agree more. Yay for a holiday in the middle of the week! -impatient for tomorrow
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear student workers-If you would do it right the first time, or possibly the second time, we wouldn't be having to do this a THIRD time.  This is ridiculous. 
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shortgirl - Am I remembering wrong, or do you work at UNT, too? When I worked at the UNT library, a lot of our student workers were like that. But I think maybe it's UNT, because the ones we have here at Vanderbilt are all wonderful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear assistant to the managing director, It would be great if you could send me information or at least call me and let me know when guests are coming in to meet with the MD.  I like to know who's coming into the office well in advance.  That way, I know these people are legit. thanks-The under appreciated receptionist who sometimes thinks the people who come in here are skeezy and annoying and likes to know who they are.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bananna- Yeah, UNT.  I couldn't say they are all this way because I've been around some that are absolutely wonderful.  But this one in particular, geez.  It's only Tuesday and I have already had it with him for the week.  Even though he's technically under me, I can't do anything because of the person over me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Jeff,I know you're in Cancun with your brother living it up, but you REALLY need to effing call your wife!!! I've left you SO many messages that you're probably not getting. I typically don't care about not hearing from you, but your sweet 89 yr old grandmother is NOT doing well and you AND your brother are completely MIA. If not for your grandmother's sake, do it for me!!! Your mother is calling me every 30 minutes to see if you've called me back. I'm about to start twitching!!!!!Worried, annoyed, needs to be medicated wife.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    emimayor-Sorry to hear about the stress- we had a simillar situation w/ FI's 97 yo grandfather passing, and I understand the stress!-- sympathetic knottieDear BMs, STOP STRESSING ME OUT! I love you all equally in different ways, and that is why I haven't chosen a MOH yet. Why can't y'all just get along, stop the infighting, and realize I don't want to hurt any feelings, but that it's going to be inevitable? Urgh!!  -- stressed out friend/sister/bride, who needs to stop trying to please everyoneDear FI,  Thanks for being so supportive and listening to the MOH drama incessantly, and offering to talk to my sister about it. I hope your brother lays off on being Best Man as well!-- your grateful, loving FI
    Anniversary
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear knotties, Whenever I click on one of your bios (Hi, my name is Amy and I'm a bio stalker), it shuts down my Internet Explorer.  It's highly frustrating.  Does anyone know what might be causing this? Love, A frustrated knottie who hates her work computer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Knotties, I am at a standstill on choosing a cake design.  The ones I like my Mom likes the least (she says it just looks like wedding cake..umm hello that is what it is!).  My friends that I've asked like color in it.  I really like the idea of having an all white cake with a silver monogram topper...but no one else does. Thoughts?Thanks, Me.
  • Options
    pphqt10pphqt10 member
    edited December 2011
    You just have to look and look for inspiration, I finally found something I liked put it in the contract and booked, the problem was that I want a white cake with blue and black designs but not damask designs and I want the design to trail up the top of the cake with no topper, I just can't find one I like, my mom wants all white with pearls and basically wants it to scream traditional, I am not against that and the ceremony will be completely traditional but the reception will be darker and more like a night club with black and bright blue designs.
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Tiffany, Get what you want in a cake and don't listen to anyone else unless they're contributing cash for it.  You'll see the cake in pictures, but it won't be remembered by many guests unless it's way different and in that case, you'll probably have to drop TONS of cash.  If you want a simple, normal-looking white wedding cake, then get one.  There's no point in spending extra to get something really cool if it's not important to you. Love, may
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies.  What's funny is the ones I like aren't simple at all.... they are big 4 tier cakes that have very intricate and IMO stunning designs.   My mom likes the damask scroll work...and that is nice...but that doesn't look nearly as "WOW" to me as an all white cake loaded with fancy icing work.I don't know..
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing something super simple for the cake, because the bakery I want to go to is a little more expensive, but they use only the best ingredients. Like maybe just plain buttercream frosting with some flowers. Something like this: http://cakesbyracheldonnell.com/images/whipped%20buttercream.jpgBut with flowers instead of petals. Also, the icing will be more ivory because the baker only uses butter, no shortening, in her buttercream.My point is, I don't really care what it looks like, I want it to taste amazing!
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiff, get what you want.  Unless your mom is willing to pay for it, you don't need to hear what she likes.  If she is paying for it, go to your baker with examples of what you both like and see what they can do for you.  Ask them to sketch something up if they can.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany, check out my wedding photos on FB.  My wedding cake was white with white scrollwork.  Very simple.  Silver Monogram topper.  I LOVED it.  It's YOUR wedding cake.  Not your mom's or your friend's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies...I know it is my cake and ultimately I will pick what I want.  I think I'm seriously going to stop asking peoples (i.e. family and friends) opinions and just start choosing things.Mariah - I will totally check them out when I get home! Work won't let me see them.   That is what I had in mind is white on white.  I just think they can look stunning that way and really not just a "normal" wedding cake.May- My mom isn't causing a fuss or anything.. it just makes me doubt my choices. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany, that's the hardest part (to stop asking for opinions and just do what you want).  I would get so frustrated because I did that for a long time.  Finally, I just decided it's up to me and Steve to decide.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me too..and I'm so dang indecisive to begin with.  I'm pretty sure that I've driven Mark crazy already.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards