Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Groom's Cake at RD??

Do you think its ok to have the Groom's cake at the RD?? Thoughts??
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Groom's Cake at RD??

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's OK. Some people have it there, some have it with the wedding cake.

Where does FI want it?  Mine wants to show it off to all of the guests at the reception.  Only the wedding party and possibly OOT guests are at the RD.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having it at the RD.  We have enough wedding cake to feed everyone, and we're having multiple flavors, so having another cake at the reception wasn't advantageous. 
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't even doing a groom's cake.  I've always seen it at the RD though.  If it's been at weddings I haven't noticed.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perfectly okay.  We did ours at the rehearsal dinner because our cake for our reception already served more than the amount of guests we had.
  • edited December 2011
    We are not doing a Grooms Cake rather a Cheese Cake at the RD. I love love cake but even I get sick of it if I have it 2 dadys in a row. I am talking with FI about having a Fun fake cake on display though. Our RD is going to be very low key BBQ so nothing super fancy. :)

HTH
  • CmlDmm1225CmlDmm1225 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are having a grooms cake.  Not sure where to do it though?  My sister in law had it for her groom at the RD.  I'm thinking the wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards